Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bounce Rework Suggestion.

LascarCapable

I always loved that skill. It was both useful on some tilesets for me and fun to use sometimes just to joke with my friends a bit. But that's not a useful skill for everyone (I am pretty sure that 99% of you will just say that it's useless), so I would like to suggest a "little" rework for it in order to make it more useful and even more fun to use.

I would suggest to change it quite this way : it would still act like an utility too for you and your teammates, but it would act like a landmine for enemies. To make it act like that, I think it would be nice to extend his "effect radius" to 5 meters (not affected by power range), but only for enemies and if triggered by an enemy. Enemies will still have to walk into the bounce to active it, but if activated by an enemy, it'll deal 100 x numbers of charges left damage (so up to 400 damage, affected by power strenght), and consume it fully. Of course upon activation all enemies will be ragdolled (true ragdoll ! Like Kestrel or Obex ragdoll. The funny one.) into the opposite direction. In that case I think it would be also nice to raise the vertical hitbox of the bounce for enemy entities only, in order to allow more creative trap systems.

I hope my idea is worth the read. :)

EDIT : Adding Bobtm0's idea :

I haven't used bounce on an enemy in a long time though, does it still have a moderately high probability of doing a magnetic proc?  If so, I almost have an odd thought regarding that.  We can already change the elemental property of Zephyr's Tornado skill by shooting it with whichever element, so I'm thinking let's have something of this sort work with the modified landmine bounce.  A chance to get a proc of your choosing would tend to fit into his tactician role with the setting of traps.

Edited by Einde

The only change I want to see in bounce (I don't mind you're idea at all, in fact it sounds like a nice change of pace for Vauban) is that it doesn't force-ably fling teammates in the air that are trying to get the materials near it. 

Having it set so it'd at least only does it to teammates who jump in it flings them upwards higher would make me feel Bounce have a better use.

I like this idea.

Give some combat usefulness to a very funny troll ability.

Vauban is a tactician that set Traps, should be able to use land mines on the battlefield.

Ragdolling enemies and dealing some Blast Damage, maybe more than 100 x number of charges left, i think should be stronger, maybe have a fixed higher base damage and then the bonus taken from the number of charges left.

I liked the idea of having multiple charges like the normal Bounce, and still being able to function as a Land Mine.

Edited by RexSol

Aside from the part about using up all of the charges just for more damage, I'm totally cool with this idea.  Damage just isn't Vauban's forte so sacrificing multi-use for that just doesn't really go well with his theme, at least in my mind.  Granted having too many multi-uses of what is a small targeted crowd stun could be an issue, so maybe having it drain two uses per enemy trigger to compensate?

I haven't used bounce on an enemy in a long time though, does it still have a moderately high probability of doing a magnetic proc?  If so, I almost have an odd thought regarding that.  We can already change the elemental property of Zephyr's Tornado skill by shooting it with whichever element, so I'm thinking let's have something of this sort work with the modified landmine bounce.  A chance to get a proc of your choosing would tend to fit into his tactician role with the setting of traps.

Aside from the part about using up all of the charges just for more damage, I'm totally cool with this idea.  Damage just isn't Vauban's forte so sacrificing multi-use for that just doesn't really go well with his theme, at least in my mind.  Granted having too many multi-uses of what is a small targeted crowd stun could be an issue, so maybe having it drain two uses per enemy trigger to compensate?

The idea behind that was to stop the unpredictable action of bounce while aimed directly to an enemy and also dissociate a bit the offensive and utility aspect of the skill. It could also be a way to limit a bit the "bounce trolling" I guess. So if you want to use bounce as a launchpad for your teammates, you would have to make sure that no enemies would walk in it... Well, I don't think that would hurt that much.

Yep. Actually it has a 100% magnetic proc. And that actually looks like an awesome idea. :)

I like it, would this include a way to control the direction enemies are thrown? 

Of course ! It's explained in my first post : enemies are launched in the opposite direction and vertical hitbox for the bounce's activation is increased for ennemies, so by trapping the walls or the floor (or even the ceiling ! Let's be stupid !), you would be able to control where baddies will be launched at.

Also, bounceboxes ! D:

@bobtm0 : I don't know if you're still reading, but I added your idea to the main post. it looked like a neat ideat. :)

Of course ! It's explained in my first post : enemies are launched in the opposite direction and vertical hitbox for the bounce's activation is increased for ennemies, so by trapping the walls or the floor (or even the ceiling ! Let's be stupid !), you would be able to control where baddies will be launched at.

Also, bounceboxes ! D:

@bobtm0 : I don't know if you're still reading, but I added your idea to the main post. it looked like a neat ideat. :)

Yup, still here.  I honestly just dig your suggestion as already mentioned.  Even without my oddball thought and just what you had it's fairly solid in my mind.

If those changes were implemented, I'd swap Telsa for Bounce in my current build straight away as it would be a notably more solid and reliable CC.  Vauban likes his CC.

This is untrue.  Only the grenade's perfunctory damage on impact is affected by strength mods. 

I'm talking about my rework idea, not the real one. Of course the real one deals no damage (only a magnetic proc), except with the ball itself.

I've already mentionned "affected by power strenght" about the Bounce's damage in my main post.

I'm talking about my rework idea, not the real one. Of course the real one deals no damage (only a magnetic proc), except with the ball itself.

I've already mentionned "affected by power strenght" about the Bounce's damage in my main post.

I meant having a mod that would affect jump height so we can vortex the moon.