Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons And Their Mods.

TheEidolon

Ok, so after watching the latest Devstream, I want to put in my two cents about the whole mod discussion.

While I agree with Steve to a certain point, specifically about the whole "modding is a choice" thing in regards to Warframes, I feel that this argument doesn't hold true for weapons. Allow me to explain:

Unlike Warframes, weapons have pretty much one function. And that is killing. And whatever mods you place on that weapon will most likely be mods that increase that weapons effectiveness in completing that one function. Because of this, it shouldn't be surprising that a small handful of mods are seen repeatedly across many weapons, across many accounts. Damage mods, elemental mods, and in some cases, crit mods, these are used quite often by the majority of the people who have them. Why? Because they all aid that weapon in killing more efficiently. Utility mods such as reload time, suppression, scoping, stability, mag size, total ammo count, you will not find these mods employed nearly as often as the previously listed ones. Why? Because they do not aid that weapon in killing more efficiently. Speed Trigger/Fury would be a unique exception to this, but again, the reason for that is because it allows that weapon to kill faster, something the other utility mods fail to do.

I'd love to use utility mods. Honestly, I would put Mag size and total ammo mods on every single one of my weapons. Recoil reduction would be great on some guns, I would even toy around with suppression on some guns. But I'm not going to. Because when I look at what I lose if I put those mods on, it simply isn't worth it. I'd be making my weapons less effective in the one role that they have in this game.

As status build become more viable I'm sure this will change. For the same reason a player would pick trinity over nova, a player might pick akbronco prime over brakk.

Weapons can be modded for support, and as status mods are introduced (and hopefully the old useless ones buffed) you'll see more and more of them

wut

Nova is a damage frame, brakk is a damage-based secondary shotgun

Trinity is a support based frame, akbronco prime is on of the best status-spray weapons (which allow it to fill a supportive role) and also happens to be a secondary shotgun

It really wasn't that much of a stretch, switch it on.

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

Trinity is a support based frame, akbronco prime is on of the best status-spray secondary shotguns

So you're saying higher status chance makes weapons as good as higher dmg ones?

It's a hell of a stretch actually. When lvl 40+ mobs start coming and S#&$ hits the fan, you shooting a high status chance squirt gun isn't gonna be "supportive" to the team.

As status build become more viable I'm sure this will change. For the same reason a player would pick trinity over nova, a player might pick akbronco prime over brakk.

Weapons can be modded for support, and as status mods are introduced (and hopefully the old useless ones buffed) you'll see more and more of them

Yeah, except Brakk can reach a status chance of 96% with a damage build. Same with Marelok. So why should I pick a weaker weapon and have practically the same proc probability?

One option would make extra mod slot and change some mods to new utility polarity. Only utility polarity can be fitten to that extra mod slot . Be that copy pasta:  Utility mods such as reload time, suppression, scoping, stability, mag size, total ammo count,    or silence. Well Some of these mods increase overal damage per minute like reload and mag size so maybe not them?

Trinity is a support based frame, akbronco prime is on of the best status-spray weapons (which allow it to fill a supportive role) and also happens to be a secondary shotgun

I always found that killing enemies was the best way to control them, but that's just me.

Utility mods such as reload time, suppression, scoping, stability, mag size, total ammo count, you will not find these mods employed nearly as often as the previously listed ones. Why? Because they do not aid that weapon in killing more efficiently.

It depends on the weapons, if you wish to zoom in with a Grakata or Treta and shot anything outside of short range stability helps.

If you are going to use a high fire rate weapon you need a reload mod because most of these weapons have a slow reload time.

The mods are made to be used in ALL weapons so if they dont effect certain weapons it doesnt mean that they are not needed.

If you mostly use Rhino with Prime Boltor and Nikana most mods in the game are not needed but not everyone plays this way.