Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Could Completely Remake The Game How Would You Do It?

kscott190

I'd rather not have a Module scheme, not like implemented, but something that affected the actual appearance of weapons.

So less the Module scheme and more a system of expanded models.

So with every weapon, there'd be more of its model that would be toggled to visibility depending on the Modules you equip.  You'd have visibly different magazines with magazine-increasing Modules, new chunks added on for adding Elemental effects, adding scopes if you increase Zoom.  Not a copy-and-paste situation where you'd have the same Electricity chunk on your Grakata as you would on your Dera, the weapon would be designed from the start with Modules in mind.  Every module wouldn't be represented, and some would clearly use the same asset (Convulsion and Jolt, Incendiary Coat and Blaze, etc), but your gun would be visibly modified and chunkier for your module loadout.

I'd have weapons made with sheathes from the start, and failing that, I'd start retroactively implementing them as a toggle-able Sheath Cosmetics selector, sorta like how we have for the Sugatras.

I'd probably make another Cosmetics slot, or set of slots, that visibly address things like carrying ammo and stuff.

How would you redo the game if you could? Me, I would make it open world where you'll able to actually visit and explore the planets and go to different cities

The ships and open world or in this case "open system" thing similar to how Assassin's Creed 4 worked would be pretty badass but that would also start a bunch of problems and would probably be very difficult to do with a mmo type game.  If that would happen then you would probably have to make the game single player with the option to invite friends to "your" game to help out with missions or just generally derp around while you travel across the system in your cool fancy ship.

If I were in charge I'd do quite a few things but starting out I'd try to rework the damage and the melee system to where the combos don't have the atrocious "pause" or "press backwards" commands to initiate your fancy combo attack which does nothing because while you were doing that your teammate shot the bad guys in the face with his Boltor Prime.

Bit of open world like phantasy star universe where you can travel to diffrent planets and accept quests there. Some card system to get extra loot after a mission. Weapons customize with attachment like grenade launcher and how the weapon fires example each shot pushes enemy with bigger aoe. Screen with list that allows you to join a party or make one. Quest based rank up system.

I'd outsource the game.

Lore/Story - Hironobu Sakaguchi & Tom Clancy

TPS - Platinum Games team behind Vanquish.

Melee -  Tomonobu Itagaki and whatever team he has now.

Stealth - Kojima Productions

RPG Elements - 2K

Level Generation - Hello Games

Balance & PVP - Bungie

Art - DE & Crytech

Space Combat - Born Ready Games

Animations -  Team Ninja & David Rosen

Also, it would have a main campaign that is not F2P.

^This game would be awesome, but sadly it would never exist, because it would be too good.

NO no TEAM NINJA. There is NOTHING jiggly about the Tenno or the Grineer. Not much needed for the Corpus, and they would mostly only be doing the Infested if nothing else. NOOOO. They messed up Other M!!!

NO no TEAM NINJA. There is NOTHING jiggly about the Tenno or the Grineer. Not much needed for the Corpus, and they would mostly only be doing the Infested if nothing else. NOOOO. They messed up Other M!!!

The hell? Have you even played Ninja Gaiden?

I'd give it to Platinum Games, then have DE work with them to incorporate their expertise.

Revengeance + Vanquish + Bayonetta, with the space ninja feels on top? Run by one of the best action game studios ever made? And headed by one of the best developers period (DE)?? This game would be my perfect dream game.

Edited by Toaman1994

I'd add the option to scrap old weapons/warframes into resources.  It wouldn't be a 1:1 where you get all your resources that you used to make it back, but it's better than either leaving it to collect dust in your inventory or selling it for 1.5k credits.

I don't know if i'd remake the game completely- in terms of base gameplay it's ok, and a lot of the elements of a great title are there, though there's several things I'd change and add. 

Like many people before me have said, were it down to me, I'd completely scrap the mod system as it is, and instead use something like in Payday 2- your base weapon can be modified with components or plans you find out in the world or get from mission rewards, and they visually change as you add scopes, remove shrouds, change from standard to high capacity magazines or box feeds, that sort of thing. Mod 'cards' are ok, and this wouldn't really change the functionality (though you'd better believe we'd do a major balance pass and things like serration would be totally nonexistent), but something with visible changes would help people identify with 'their' weapon or frame- like, yeah, you may have a volt, same as me, but yours has different components that make it look and behave differently from mine. 

I'd either remove credits completely (they're honestly not fun, and just a drag on progression, which, yes, is necessary, but there's other ways to do it that are better, IMO) or overhaul the store so there's a lot more to do with them- things you can buy, temporary buffs (like potions or whatever, the old health restores are a good example), maybe even some limited selection of cosmetic items. Make it so that credits provide something other than a drag on fusing mods or transmuting useless mods. 

Overhaul PvP. Yeah, I know, PvP was never supposed to be a major thing in this game, I understand. At the same time, though, it provides a viable source of endgame activity for players interested in it. I'd probably keep the conclave system, perhaps simplify the conclave ranking... points? level? whatever, and add in some kind of weekly or maybe even monthly champion with a nifty set of armor and a syndana, maybe a couple weapon cosmetics (a skin or something). Maybe even take that idea a step farther and do a champion in each frame, then one grand champion for the whole game. 

Provide some kind of real endgame PvE experience other than longrun survivals. This is one of my pet peeves with the game as it is, and one that I feel is the most major stumbling block to it being called great. While there's many options, extremely hard boss encounters, for example, or things of that nature, I feel it'd be more interesting to adopt linked missions, where a group of tenno have several missions to accomplish, with their performance and decisions in each affecting the nature and difficulty of the next, as well as the loot at the end. With enough decision points in each mission group, and perhaps even locking of the mission group (Say, one attempt per week, as an example), the replay factor can be kept fairly high, especially if the mission chain is fairly long (with a longer chain would come more decision points and more variations on the final parts of the chain.)

Well thatd be a big question ,

Id probably open it up and make it more immersive. Like adding a story campaign throughout the game  with different bosses and more variety in faction . Naturally also in the armory a tenno has. Id probably personalize the or the tenno behind each warframe and also personalise the invasion with the factions and or harvested /grineer escape missions.

Add ability to permanently kill lotus and never see/hear her again.

You've been detected, ready your weapon.

Me: Oh well here I was gonna try and kill them all with my bare hands and my weapons on my back but using the weapons I have taken the time and effort to level, mod, forma, level, again, and mod again sounds like a much better option!  Thanks Lotus!  You give the most excellent advice.

or You've been detected, you're on their sensors.

Me: Oh, and here I thought that guy in the security office was just not gonna give a F*** and go back to watching T.V and sipping his coffee and all those alarms going off and everyone shooting at me was just a coincidence.  Thanks for clearing that up Lotus, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out otherwise!   Now, should I kill these guys with my bare hands or do I need to ready my weapons?