Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Here Hates Too The Prosecutor´s Invincibility?

Kaiser_Suoh

Oh hey, I was the one who made the edit to that page last night.. Stupid prosecutors.. Making soloing even harder.. Q_Q

500 rounds and 400 procs later...

Warframe0187_zps08438b36.jpg

Edited by Zachhh

I think, again, DE is relying too much on our knowledge of the wiki. If you jump into those missions not knowing what to expect, you'll fail. Although it costs us nothing to just abort mission, correct gear, and rerun, I dislike the emphasis placed on anticipation of dangers rather than on adapting to circumstances and being clever. While this is a welcome alternative to plain vanilla run-and-gun, I still think real challange happens when empasis is placed on adaptability. I understand the "you should be forced out of your comfort zone in terms of gear occasionally" argument, but I don't think that this is the way to go. The obvious argument to contradict what I just said is that they're cake-walk when you mod correctly, but that's just it. I hate the phrase "when you mod correctly". I am modding correctly. Because I'm modding correctly, because there's a correct loadout for everything, things just aren't fun. Well, that's just my 2 cents on the matter.

hasn't worked for me lately if it's any use i roll dual zorens

I prefer higher damage melee weapons over speed (some of melee 2.0 has not been kind) so I tend to use nikana, dakra, or orthos on them and I can bring them down. The higher status chance may be applying more bleed procs to bring them down more effectively. I tend to be paying attention to other things than if blood is shooting out of them.

Shouldn't have an enemy that can completely shut down a mission just cause you brought the wrong weapon type, only your personal skill should prevent you from completing a mission. Now if there were mid mission drop pods you could call in to switch weapons when you find one of these guys that was a type you didnt have on, then fine, but to fight these you have to do things outside of the mission and a mistake means the entier mission might have to be scrapped because, oh the last guy to exterminate is a prosecutor with toxic and you only brought fire and cold. 'you should bring everything for these missions' sure yea I guess, but I and many dont want to break down builds just for a single enemy, it disrupts game play rather then adds gameplay.

I would agree with you more if Prosecutors were random on any Grineer mission. Unless that's changed, it's still just a Ceres thing. You can prepare for them when on that planet.

I think strategic building is part of this game. If you don't want to alter builds, are you taking the same elements against Corpus that you do against Grineer? If you're willing to change for that, I think you can handle accounting for Prosecutors where you know Prosecutors will be. It does sound like it's pretty difficult for a solo player to bring all of them, but there are very few reasons that you'd be required to play solo every time. There are other, wiser missions to run solo. Though this is another reason I don't want to see immunities all over.

I think forcing players to think about it is better than allowing them to just roll through (and continue complaining about how they always use the same mods).

I think, again, DE is relying too much on our knowledge of the wiki. If you jump into those missions not knowing what to expect, you'll fail. Although it costs us nothing to just abort mission, correct gear, and rerun, I dislike the emphasis placed on anticipation of dangers rather than on adapting to circumstances and being clever. While this is a welcome alternative to plain vanilla run-and-gun, I still think real challange happens when empasis is placed on adaptability. I understand the "you should be forced out of your comfort zone in terms of gear occasionally" argument, but I don't think that this is the way to go. The obvious argument to contradict what I just said is that they're cake-walk when you mod correctly, but that's just it. I hate the phrase "when you mod correctly". I am modding correctly. Because I'm modding correctly, because there's a correct loadout for everything, things just aren't fun. Well, that's just my 2 cents on the matter.

I can see where you're coming from, but I like having the ability to fail missions and fail them easily. People are going to call that trial and error, but I would rather fail fast and replay a mission that's only a few minutes long than turn that few-minute mission into a much longer slog.

As TrockBronze suggested, a method of temporarily re-equipping yourself wouldn't hurt. Consumable element applicators, maybe? Craftable on the cheap, with nanospores?

Edited by (PS4)ElZilcho

Personally i donlt see any issues fighting them, granted i rarely play against them solo, and if i do i tend to use my Frost prime, a primary with fire based weapon, a melee with electric and i bring the acrid. course add energy sihpon too so, yeah i amy need to do some running but its not like i am doing a defense misison like Casta solo.

Though i will say i did do a few Def where no one had a real ice based weapon but my melee in this case the gram at the time had both an electric and ice mod on it and i did do some good damage when i switched to just melee on the Prosecutor.

I personally enjoy fighting the Prosecutors. Though of course a certain amount of preparation and/or co-ordination is required in order to take down all four types, I enjoy going up against an enemy that isn't just another faceless bullet sponge.

I think the poster above me nailed it when he said:

...I would agree with you more if Prosecutors were random on any Grineer mission. Unless that's changed, it's still just a Ceres thing. You can prepare for them when on that planet...

*EDIT* Also, I'm pretty sure one of the three base damage types does a small amount against them. Is it puncture?

Edited by Dualice

I personally enjoy fighting the Prosecutors. Though of course a certain amount of preparation and/or co-ordination is required in order to take down all four types, I enjoy going up against an enemy that isn't just another faceless bullet sponge.

I think the poster above me nailed it when he said:

*EDIT* Also, I'm pretty sure one of the three base damage types does a small amount against them. Is it puncture?

Slash, though some are claiming they have trouble with it.

It should be consistent one way or the other, and it's a problem if it isn't. If it doesn't work consistently, it can't be counted as part of your preparations. My experience with them is that they can be handled with specialized guns or in melee and I like that design. I think it should be fixed to be consistent for other players if that's not happening for them.

(PS4)ElZilcho-

Right you know to expect them ahead of time but when just playing online mode that doesnt guarentee your team will know as well. I don't know about you but I dont want to have to switch weapons/mods constantly, I want to be able to jump in and out of missions on the fly. And yea I don't change for Grineer, Infested, or Corpus save perhaps my frame as one might not be suited for Infested gameplay and I've never run into an issue where that has made it hard/impossible for me to play. A real simple fix would be to consider combo'd elements both, that seems more reasonable if they stay as they are.

And consumable element appliers is likely the way things could go if any and it wouldn't hurt.

Prepairing before missions is certainly a thing, you attach your keys for the vault, some switch up weapons/mods per faction and so on, but to have gameplay interrupted on the fly just seems wrong, again yes you know what you are getting into going to ceres but still. There is nothing difficult about these mobs they are only a complete wall if you are ill prepared, and I don't see the fun in that. There can be interesting gameplay with fun mechanics that arent cheap mechanics, thats what I see as the main issue. Its like a trap set in a game where you have no real idea its coming beyond 'there are traps in this game' (think bosy) you die to cheap tricks until you learn to beat them in a very specific way. Some might find that fun while others find it frustrating even if they know it is coming.

There can be other mobs to change up the flow of gameplay though, forcing melee or even chanelling (yea you can run out of energy but you can get more within the mission), using parcour as part of the mechanic to beat the mob, or if you want to go with only 1 element is good against it then at least allow other elements to be a slow grind on taking out its health. We could have mobs requiring picking off parts of them to be hurt first, or killing other mobs connected to it before it can be hurt, and so on. there are so many other options that are not immunity that would give a challenge.

Edited by TrockBronze

As TrockBronze suggested, a method of temporarily re-equipping yourself wouldn't hurt. Consumable element applicators, maybe? Craftable on the cheap, with nanospores?

Yeah, I liked his idea. Being able remod on the fly would allow for (if implemented with a cooldown or some limiting factor) interesting gameplay options. It'd hard to balance, though.

Prosecutors can be bladed to death even if you don't have the matching element. I mean, even a Skana without element mods can do damage to them. No speculations here, tried and witnessed pretty much every time.

And no, I don't hate them. At least you're forced to do something else than just roflstomping.

EDIT: ElZilcho got it right, it's Slash damage. :)

Edited by Vintovka

Prosecutors can be bladed to death even if you don't have the matching element. I mean, even a Skana without element mods can do damage to them. No speculations here, tried and witnessed pretty much every time.

And no, I don't hate them. At least you're forced to do something else than just roflstomping.

EDIT: ElZilcho got it right, it's Slash damage. :)

You used to be able to do that but not anymore its been changed or fixed which ever way you look at it.

Edited by TrockBronze

They're not really difficult, they're just a nuisance. Since I know how this board loves comparing gameplay mechanics to Dark Souls, here's a non-positive example for a change: Prosecutors are like those blowgun dudes from Blighttown. They're an obnoxious, unfun enemy that are most vulnerable to doing tedious makework instead of actually fighting them.

I will say this. In complete and total sarcasm btw. But it's true.

Ahem.

HOW DARE THEY IMPLEMENT AN ENEMY TYPE THAT WARRANTS A BIT OF PREPARATION AND TEAMPLAY! WHO DO THE DEVS THINK THEY ARRRRRRE?!

yea and not adding anything helpful to the conversation either if you actually look at the issues brought up. If invulnerability is good gameplay to you though then have fun and enjoy it.

I will say this. In complete and total sarcasm btw. But it's true.

Ahem.

HOW DARE THEY IMPLEMENT AN ENEMY TYPE THAT WARRANTS A BIT OF PREPARATION AND TEAMPLAY! WHO DO THE DEVS THINK THEY ARRRRRRE?!

Well, something that encourages teamplay kind of has the side effect of discouraging solo players. Of which there are many on account of strict nat or general anti-socialness.

They're not really difficult, they're just a nuisance. Since I know how this board loves comparing gameplay mechanics to Dark Souls, here's a non-positive example for a change: Prosecutors are like those blowgun dudes from Blighttown. They're an obnoxious, unfun enemy that are most vulnerable to doing tedious makework instead of actually fighting them.

Let me tell you a little story.

I was in a party in a Def mission in Ceres, the last wave (wave 5), came only one "prosecutor". We can kill all except for him... the last enemy in the field.

We, 4 tennos vs 1 prosecutor, and nobody can kill him because was a "Ice Prosecutor"... nobody had an ice element and the fight lasted for 15 minutes.

After that one by one they left the mission.

I really enjoy fighting them and I'd like more enemies that require certain actions to kill.

Like, enemies that can be killed by doing headshots only or by finishing moves only, which can be done if the enemy is down or parried.

I really enjoy fighting them and I'd like more enemies that require certain actions to kill.

Like, enemies that can be killed by doing headshots only or by finishing moves only, which can be done if the enemy is down or parried.

Except they aren't about what you actually do with the move sets that everybody has access to. It has to do with whether you've chosen to farm them or are willing to reset the mission and lose your progress.

Didn't know about them until today. And yes, they're bad design.

There's no "challenge" here. But I expect gamers on the internet to bully other gamers on the internet about their mad "skills."

No, I don't want to have to lose my mission progress when all I want is to open up the map.

I manage to get one to somehow fall over a cliff, but it was a lot of wasted time and annoyance.

Edited by PlayGooYa

It's a gear check for the sake of gear check. There is no fun or challenge there. It's exactly the same as adding an enemy that instantly kills you with an aura unless you have both intruder and warm coat slotted. This is not a challenge, but a dumb and hamfisted way to force you to take intruder and warm coat or auto-fail. Just because prosecutors are less obnoxious doesn't make em any better.