Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Snowglobe Against Infested, Why Nova Equipped With Overextended?

Pendragon1951

Why the hell should speedup novas have to change how they play? That's unfair on them.

But what's unfair on those of us who dislike it is that we're just told to deal with it. We're not allowed to force people to change how they play, but we're the ones that have to adapt? That's just as unfair.

How about you just play with people who don't dislike speed-up Novas?

Edited by AlchemistMute

How about you just play with people who don't dislike speed-up Novas?

Playing with people you know and organizing groups is not always an option.

I could only play with people who dislike the speedup novas, or the novas could only play with people who like it.

Who's right? Which side is the Give Way sign on?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

It's not? There's an entire channel just for that, and friends, clans, and alliances. That's plenty of people, and you should always be able to find three people who can tolerate/prefer speed-up Novas.

EDIT: Pie is good.

Edited by AlchemistMute

So a speedup nova joins a running game with 3 people who don't like the speedup, and starts fast forwarding every enemy because they want to.

Now those 3 people have to adapt cos they don't like it?

Why doesn't the nova adapt to how other people want to play? The nova dislikes playing without the speedup as much as the others dislike playing with it, why are they the ones who have to deal with it?

You would say they have to adapt because they want things to change.

The nova also wants things to change, by thinking the mission is going too slow. The difference between the two is the nova doesn't have to adapt, because the nova has the means to change this and force the change upon others regardless.

What if... Nova is constantly slowing them down, and the others dont like it

What if... Nyx is spamming her powers, but the other 3 dont want it.

What if... Loki is spamming RD and the others dont like it.

What if... Rhino is constantly stomping

What if... Hydroid constantly spams tentacles

What if... etc.

Fact is there are many powers that influence game play for others. It is part of the game, the best you can do is communicate with your squadmate, but if they do not comply to your suggestions, you should either adapt or leave.

It's not? There's an entire channel just for that, and friends, clans, and alliances. That's plenty of people, and you should always be able to find three people who can tolerate/prefer speed-up Novas.

I'm on the side of people who don't like the speedup. Sorry if that wasn't clear to you. I'm often bad at wording thoughts.

I really don't want it to seem like I'm too stubborn here. I'm just trying to use logic for both sides of the argument, because all these points, like "adapt to it" or "don't force others to change", they can all be applied to both sides of the argument.

I don't want to seem single-minded. If there's a point I can't possibly disagree with, then by all means, I'll concede.

Fact is there are many powers that influence game play for others. It is part of the game, the best you can do is communicate with your squadmate, but if they do not comply to your suggestions, you should either adapt or leave.

It's a good point, really. But the problem a lot of people have, not just me, is that none of those abilities affect enemies as much as molecular prime does.

Ooh, and lemon cake.

I like Strawberry pie.

I like pie.

If it's not quiche, it's not good enough.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I could only play with people who dislike the speedup novas, or the novas could only play with people who like it.

Who's right? Which side is the Give Way sign on?

Organize a group, play solo, or adapt.  If you are playing with 2 other people that dislike it then set the match to private so you can control who you play with.

Organize a group, play solo, or adapt.  If you are playing with 2 other people that dislike it then set the match to private so you can control who you play with.

What I'm saying is why don't the speedup novas need to organize a group? Why don't they need to play solo or adapt?

What I'm saying is why don't the speedup novas need to organize a group? Why don't they need to play solo or adapt?

Because they can play as they want. If you are in group with FF Nova, what is forcing you from leaving that group?

That's not the case here. If a Nova-O joins a game where the host does not want them to speed up the enemies, they either switch to a slow-down M.Prime or leave and find a group that wants/accepts that. If the host is a Nova-O and the other players don't like that, those other players can leave.

The one problem is when a player joins a game where the host/other players dislike their setup/playstyle. They can't force said player to leave, or disband the group and restart without losing all their progress. I am not willing to get into this argument, as it's just an AFK/votekick argument.

Also, pumpkin pie is awesome.

Edited by AlchemistMute

Because they can play as they want.

But I can't play as I want? I want to play without the speedup. This is the problem.

Everyone wants to play how they want, and everyone is entitled to do so, but it still conflicts with other people's preferences.

If you are in group with FF Nova, what is forcing you from leaving that group?

Leaving a group just because a speedup nova joins is not always a viable option, and it's not fair. It wastes time.

Same deal with leaving because people don't want your speedup.

That's not the case here. If a Nova-O joins a game where the host does not want them to speed up the enemies, they either switch to a slow-down M.Prime or leave and find a group that wants/accepts that. If the host is a Nova-O and the other players don't like that, they can leave.

I understand your point, but the thing is they don't switch builds or find a group that wants it.

They can just speed things up because they want to.

Not that everyone does, of course. Some are considerate of the players that don't want it, just like some players that don't want it are considerate of the ones that do.

Like I said before.

People don't like the game being super fast, so they're forced to either deal with it or leave.

The speedup novas, however, don't like the game being slow, but they can change that. They don't have to adapt or leave.

I'm really trying to get this point across right. Maybe I'm wording it wrong? :s

Edited by AdunSaveMe

There is a way for SG to work in ODD as well as other infested defense:

Reduce the size of SG just enough to cover the pod and a little space to slow enemies down. Those who use explosive will still hit the enemies inside.

Tested and Proved viable

I understand your point, but the thing is they don't switch builds or find a group that wants it.
They can just speed things up because they want to.

Like I said before.

People don't like the game being super fast, so they're forced to either deal with it or leave.

The speedup novas, however, don't like the game being slow, but they can change that. They don't have to adapt or leave.

I'm really trying to get this point across right. Maybe I'm wording it wrong? :s

"The one problem is when a player joins a game where the host/other players dislike their setup/playstyle. They can't force said player to leave, and they can't disband the group and restart without losing all their progress. I am not willing to get into this argument, as it's just an AFK/votekick argument."

This was in an edit, so you probably didn't notice it.

And the others were fine with how things were before, is what I'm trying to get at.

Adapting is the responsibility of the one that has the problem.  After the Nova enters, she is having fun and enjoys things as they are.  She has no incentive to change if she does not want to; you can ask her to but cannot force her. 

I like pie again.

What flavor?

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

There is a way for SG to work in ODD as well as other infested defense:

Reduce the size of SG just enough to cover the pod and a little space to slow enemies down. Those who use explosive will still hit the enemies inside.

Tested and Proved viable

Doesn't that reduce the effectiveness of it though?

Smaller globe, smaller slow radius?

Though it would effect enemies meleeing the pod anyway, so perhaps it wouldn't matter.

"The one problem is when a player joins a game where the host/other players dislike their setup/playstyle. They can't force said player to leave, and they can't disband the group and restart without losing all their progress. I am not willing to get into this argument, as it's just an AFK/votekick argument."

This was in an edit, so you probably didn't notice it.

I didn't see it, my bad. I'm doing like 3 things at once.

I've heard vote kicks suggested as a solution before, actually.

But then you're just kicking people because you don't like how they play, and that's horrible. It ruins communities. Like in Left 4 Dead.

Doesn't that reduce the effectiveness of it though?

Smaller globe, smaller slow radius?

Though it would effect enemies meleeing the pod anyway, so perhaps it wouldn't matter.

It reduce the effectiveness yes but it allows a way for SG to work with infested defense. The SG in this case serve its purpose to slow enemies down enough to be killed before damaging the pod. 1-2 shots should be enough to kill the enemies

Actually the smaller the globe, the more annoying it would be to shoot them since you have to literally be in the thing to hurt said enemies since it prevents being shot into and whatnot.

Or am I crazy?

I'm imagining the smaller globe being literally a bubble with half a foot of space on all sides of a pod/console that basically does nothing but help the enemies inside of it.

Actually the smaller the globe, the more annoying it would be to shoot them since you have to literally be in the thing to hurt said enemies since it prevents being shot into and whatnot.

Or am I crazy?

I'm imagining the smaller globe being literally a bubble with half a foot of space on all sides of a pod/console that basically does nothing but help the enemies inside of it.

I agree.  A smaller globe is far worse.