Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Snowglobe Against Infested, Why Nova Equipped With Overextended?

Pendragon1951

Simple fact of the matter is that this is an exploit within the game, it isn't likely going to go away as many players (myself included) love being able to make quick work of a wave of enemies. You are arguing for the sake of nothing. If you truly cannot stand the enemies being faster and easier to kill then pause, abort mission AND FIND ANOTHER DAMN SESSION!!!

Nobody is going to cater their arsenal to your needs, they are playing the way that they find most fun/effective. Don't ruin it for them because you don't prefer that style. Let them enjoy it and find someone else to play with that doesn't do whatever skill annoys you. Adapt, it's on you to make your game ideal, not every other player in the game. 

Think about it for a second, you're rocking and rolling through waves of enemies, having completed forty waves in no time and then one of your teammates starts complaining that he can hardly get any kills. Now, you worked hard to get the mods required to enable that particular mod loadout and you were really hoping to impress someone with how quickly you could tear through waves on ODD, instead you have someone asking you not to use the ability that is the sole purpose for the loadout that you worked so hard to attain. Honestly, what would you tell him?

Gee, you really haven't learned anything over these 1000 hours, have you? Do you still use MK-1 Braton and Lato? And play stun-spam Excalibur?
Or maybe your standards are now exclusively level 100+ endless missions, where you stick to the basics?

I'm sorry, I just can't understand the person. Zip. I may be too noob here, with merely 500+ hours.
But why do you think that negative Nova is a bug? Strength now increases the slow, negative strength makes it actually faster. I... can't see how bad is it when the whole horde of enemies who take 200% damage and explode on death rush to you, only to be detonated by your sentinel. Who needs 25 yard 1000 explosions, when you constantly have 5-10 enemies nearby exploding for 300? Sure, it may be risky on ranged levels, but even there if you have basic shooting skills and... well, redirection - the benefits of faster coming enemies and double damage taken - outweight the speed that they get. As for Infested - it's a miracle. And if the level is high... I dunno, get a Vauban or AoE weapon... or the same Frost, actually. Or Oberon. Or Nyx. Or Lamoid. I thought with the amount of complaints about imbalance - the game has options to negate incoming hordes. Surely a person with 1000 hours would know some.
Perhaps if you want to level your weapon and don't want Nova taking all XP - it's a disadvantage. But it's... kind of your problem.

Frost on infested is unorthodox, but if it's narrow-minded frost - what's wrong with it? It almost disables enemies inside, and they still can be damaged by explosions from any AoE weapon, which there are plenty of nowadays. Well, last time I checked that is, since both Bombards and Napalms could penetrate Globe with AoE. Small Globe is almost like Bastille, just requires AoE(which like I said - you should have in your endless infested mission setup).
And if it's a big Globe, especially purposely big globe(like overextended+) - ask not to use it. If the person doesn't respond - report him. Just like Novas, Vaubans, Lokis - it's the game abuse that is reportable. No need to go to forums to arouse the community.

Just to end this conversation on a good note, first off thank you to everyone who gave good reasons and revised reasons why Snowglobe and why Nova-O's. With a smaller globe it makes more tactical sense since you still have the benefit of slowing the enemy but not inhibiting support fire from outside, it's a pity more globe users don't do that, thus the reason for my question. In regards to Nova-O it also makes more sense if you do have a AOE warframe to partner with that also makes more sense. Thanks to you all I've learned a new way to use my globe against infested, once again see you all on the battlefield:)