Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point Of 5P Trades?

Lol max serration is being sold for 150p... How much time and effort does it take to max this mod out??

You can't even buy a garbage secondary with that amount of plat. Lol this is ridiculous

But keep hustling your 1p mods because after 1000 trades you'll have the plat you could've had by working an hour or two

Price is usually based on how many rare 5 core you will need.

Rare 5 aren't that expensive due to how easy it is to farm in T I to T IV survival.

Or when you farm for keys.

This kind of card comes from just farming for other stuffs. No one really try to grind Serration to Max.

You also don't need Rank 10 serration to play this game unless you're going super hardcore. Rank 6-7 will already do, which isn't that hard to get to.

There are a lot of factor in this.

1) Lots of people actually try to sell maxed card

2) Newbies won't have 150P to start with so you can't really sell to those

and

3) Most people already have Serration at 5-7 so selling to these will be impossible.

The only people you might be able to sell this to are those extremely rich and just want to min/max asap (Not alot of those in this game) or those trying to just get a card for their sentinel (People uses carrier for vacuum purpose anyway so the amount is low too). The only time you might be able to sell it is at a better price is when a Summer sale or something pops up where 250 p will come for only 6$.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Not mad at all brah, dead srs. I could've maxed out one or two builds and had dps. I've maxed out almost every secondary just for fun messing around with builds.

I have no problem wasting formas, Catalysts, etc... That I've payed for with cash because I have joy in it

Lol keep stalking trade chat all day waiting for your opportunity like a vulture or rat

Wait so what you've been saying has changed a lot now...what exactly is your complaint?

Wait so what you've been saying has changed a lot now...what exactly is your complaint?

I don't have a complaint. I just don't see the reason for dirt cheap rare mods / prime pieces ect...

Doesn't promote platinum purchase or worthwhile trades unless you're bottom feeder

I don't have a complaint. I just don't see the reason for dirt cheap rare mods / prime pieces ect...

Doesn't promote platinum purchase or worthwhile trades unless you're bottom feeder

It does indeed promote platinum purchase. People who won't buy weapons with platinum have an incentive to buy the cheap platinum packs, instead of not buying anything. The people who buy lots of platinum to buy store items are encouraged to buy more so they can trade with it. It really sounds like you're angry you can't sell your stuff for more.

It does indeed promote platinum purchase. People who won't buy weapons with platinum have an incentive to buy the cheap platinum packs, instead of not buying anything. The people who buy lots of platinum to buy store items are encouraged to buy more so they can trade with it. It really sounds like you're angry you can't sell your stuff for more.

If you're a long time player then you have a lot already, what is your motivation to trade in trade chat?

There is no incentive for players who have everything. If people don't see anything wrong with that then I don't know what else to say

If you're a long time player then you have a lot already, what is your motivation to trade in trade chat?

There is no incentive for players who have everything. If people don't see anything wrong with that then I don't know what else to say

There is something called helping other players out. Of course, that would have never crossed your mind.

long time player, and i use trade chat to make free plat :v

so all i can say is you're doing it wrong and need to use your arms more.

Okay, let's use me as an example. There's pretty much nothing I want, unless it's something that's just been released. Even then, I prefer to farm. I trade in chat because everyone needs plat/parts, and I have plat and parts I don't need. Hell, I'll buy things from people I know I don't need just to put some plat back into circulation. It's called making the community better, a concept you don't seem to grasp.

There is something called helping other players out. Of course, that would have never crossed your mind.

I have clan mates to help out and my time is worth more than any amount of plat. I give away mods all the time.

I'm just saying it doesn't promote plat purchase as it currently stands

Edited by (PS4)youngn0121

My degree is in business...

Lol its a bad business model for DE and for people who have things to trade

No reason people should have things for price that they are at now.

go back to college...

my degree is in accountancy btw

I'm just saying it doesn't promote plat purchase as it currently stands

Yes it does! Did you not read the post I wrote about this at all?

More things to do with plat = more reasons to buy plat = more people buying plat

It adds up, take a couple minutes here and there to post in trade chat or make a post on the forums and give it time you'll have plat.

It is a way for players to slowly but surely get plat for cosmetics or slots.

Seems like a waste of a trade to me but I'm not cheap, I buy platinum for formas, catalyts and cosmetics

Not worth the time imo

Actually, you're right. I feel you. I think what DE needs to do are to make those items harder to get, and also needs to raise the prices in the market. That way those "poor fools" would think twice before accepting some mere 5p. Also, DE can raise the price of buying platinum, say 50p for real $200. I'm sure for someone like you who are "not cheap" can handle it well!!  

Basically.

But really, we all know that prices would shoot up -- and rightly so -- if there was some sort of 'trading process' beyond the horror of the trade chat, which is just spam and randomness.

Because nobody else addressed it (that I could see) prices would not shoot up.  If trading became easier and faster, more people would participate.  That means more demand AND more supply.  And since everything currently tradable except keys has infinite durability, prices should trend downward over time.  Lastly, as the OP hints at, if the trade process was speedy enough to make the small-profit trades more rewarding, prices ought to drop on items that players simply couldn't be bothered to to spend their time selling under the current system.

My crystal ball says that you're a butthurt, cheap fan boy that hurried and posted in this thread for the above reasons

Yeah well I did my doctoral thesis on online in game economies as a reflection and reinforcement of real world ecomic observance, and you are a doody head.

Economics degree trumps buisness, they teach you how to effectively screw up what we got right and spelled out for you.

Just playing the game on your level.

Edited by NevanChambers

There are a lot of kids with business degree still pretty dumb!!

I have 18 trades per day.

18Trades x 3Slots (with a 5P item) = 270P per Day (maxium)

but i never use all 18 maybe 2 with 1-2 items (10-20P each day)

and that´s enough to get all u need over time.

I´m at a point of this game where i have all and if i save this plat, i have will have enough to buy new content when DE release it.

So i think the 10-15minutes a day which i need to trade is not wasted....

but everyone thinks different. If it wasted time for u, than it´s ok but why u make a Topic just to say all Players what "just you" think about it.

Thats wasted Time,,, because no one cares. 

OP, if you would be so kind as to not enter trade chat anymore. It would do us all a great favor (seriously).

If 5 platinum trades aren't worth your time, then why are making a thread concerning it? You're just being a snob right now.

Now, to reason with you:

1. 5 plat may not seem like a lot, but when you have SPARE PRIME PARTS OR MODS, you can make a lot. I made 100 platinum in 2 days, 3 hours in each day. 5 potatoes (reactors or catalysts, 5 forma, couple slot additions, etc). 

2. It's cheap and guarantees a sale. You want to beat all your competitors. If you're smart and know about marketing, you want to be able to sell at a good price so that you can GET a sale. 

So, if a mod may please lock this thread before further comments saying the same thing over and over again are posted, that'll be great.

Every point OP had has so far been wrong. If he is a business major, I feel very bad for the business he works for. "Let's raise the price of everything so we get more money per sale!"

"Hey, why is this one store selling $0.99 combs? That's not right. They should be selling it for far more than it is worth! Like me, and my $5 combs. If they keep doing this..." *rant*

*this thread*

At this point, I'm actually inclined to believe OP is thoroughly trolling us.

The same time could be spent adding up physical aesthetics, money from work, or there could be a trade floor at 20p. Anything less isn't worth it

And this is from a person who hasn't paid plat for any weapons or otherwise in the game. I pay for plat to support the developers

So you give away free stuff that's worth 5 plat or less?

With all his comments about trade being better for everyone when it was higher priced etc, I see this guy having a promising future in the multimedia/videogame industry. Maybe send your resume into a cable company or one of the big bad developers. You'd fit right in.

Because reading through everything, your core complaints seem to be that supply and demand are controlling the market, rather than arbitrary rules controlling the market to inflate prices.

With all his comments about trade being better for everyone when it was higher priced etc, I see this guy having a promising future in the multimedia/videogame industry. Maybe send your resume into a cable company or one of the big bad developers. You'd fit right in.

Because reading through everything, your core complaints seem to be that supply and demand are controlling the market, rather than arbitrary rules controlling the market to inflate prices.

Exactly what I wanted to say, but I couldn't think of the right way to convey it.