Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Joining T4 Missions.

jennibear

this is ok in T4 EXT or Capture & stuff but for the long ones like defense, interception & survival where every player counts it kind of hurts the team having that 1 person die & not contribute anything.

Eh, that just boils down to "how long is long enough for you" so I can't disagree.  If you're not planning on going beyond the 30 minute mark in Survival or that equivalent in the other game modes it shouldn't be problematic with a competent 3-person cell.  However maximizing the effect of said key does indeed warrant staying for the long haul so I definitely still support a kick option for the host of said lobby being implemented for use during a lobby.

The let them die thing is just a potential short term solution.  If literally every veteran player completely stops reviving newbies who try and fail to reach out of their scope then they'll get the message.  Think of it as a short term sacrifice for a long term gain.

I feel like a better solution to address 1 through 3 is to have the "mini profile" block show up on players that you hover over.  So it wouldn't say their rank in every context their name appears in, but hovering over their name for a second would show their rank and current loadout like it does for people already in your lobby.

nice this is a good solution, I could get on board with that.

Eh, that just boils down to "how long is long enough for you" so I can't disagree.  If you're not planning on going beyond the 30 minute mark in Survival or that equivalent in the other game modes it shouldn't be problematic with a competent 3-person cell.  However maximizing the effect of said key does indeed warrant staying for the long haul so I definitely still support a kick option for the host of said lobby being implemented for use during a lobby.

The let them die thing is just a potential short term solution.  If literally every veteran player completely stops reviving newbies who try and fail to reach out of their scope then they'll get the message.  Think of it as a short term sacrifice for a long term gain.

5p, or 15-20minutes of farming for 1 t4 key is not a short term sacrifice to "teach" low level players they can't handle the match. A lot of them don't get the picture even if they do die a million times. I had 1 join my EXT, die 30 times & then ask me to go again, which ofc i didn't answer.

There should be a better solution then the players having to deal with the brunt of the problem.

5p, or 15-20minutes of farming for 1 t4 key is not a short term sacrifice to "teach" low level players they can't handle the match. A lot of them don't get the picture even if they do die a million times. I had 1 join my EXT, die 30 times & then ask me to go again, which ofc i didn't answer.

There should be a better solution then the players having to deal with the brunt of the problem.

Uh, you seem to have lost 10-15 minutes during the transition because I clearly stated 30 minutes, not 15-20.  You should be reasonably capable of soloing to close to that, so the lower level player wouldn't be an issue then.

Also, you're still missing the point of what I'm saying, so let me make it clear here.  I completely and totally support the host gaining the ability to kick players from his/her lobby.  Seriously, it's like you're forgetting that and acting like I'm in disagreement or something.

The other thing I'm saying is don't ever revive them, literally ever when they join a higher leveled mission.  They'll get four shots tops.  If they're starting and that's their only frame they'll pretty much suffer majorly by doing less than intelligent actions.  I've seen a lot of players get the point when I zip across a map at high speed then, instead of reviving them, I just look at them then turn and walk away slowly while they bleed out.  After that they either disconnect or actually stick close to the group.

how can kicking be abused again?

if someone is a total d then he deserves to get kicked.

isn't this how we deal with d's in other online games? :P

It can be abused quite easily. "Oh hey guys, thanks for assisting me all the way through that last hour of a T4 survival. I bet you'd all like those shiny prime parts now huh? Well I decided I don't want you to have any." *Boots before extraction*

Honestly that's just a $&*^ move. "Hey you're bad, so we're going to make you feel like S#&$, and possibly make you not want to play again, by not helping you out." If I get stuck with a newbie, and I have, then I at least try to help them out. I might not like the fact that he goes down faster than a 2 dollar @#&*( but in the end it's my responsibility as the veteran to look after them.

Uh, you seem to have lost 10-15 minutes during the transition because I clearly stated 30 minutes, not 15-20.  You should be reasonably capable of soloing to close to that, so the lower level player wouldn't be an issue then.

Also, you're still missing the point of what I'm saying, so let me make it clear here.  I completely and totally support the host gaining the ability to kick players from his/her lobby.  Seriously, it's like you're forgetting that and acting like I'm in disagreement or something.

The other thing I'm saying is don't ever revive them, literally ever when they join a higher leveled mission.  They'll get four shots tops.  If they're starting and that's their only frame they'll pretty much suffer majorly by doing less than intelligent actions.  I've seen a lot of players get the point when I zip across a map at high speed then, instead of reviving them, I just look at them then turn and walk away slowly while they bleed out.  After that they either disconnect or actually stick close to the group.

I said Farming for the key 15-20 minutes not being in the match.

I didn't forget, I was simply disagreeing with your "don't revive them as a short term solution" thing because I already have been doing that & think it's a useless solution because of what I just said. "I had one die 30 times & they asked to go again" & that it hurts the group in the long run.

Why are you getting all damn defensive? LOL

Edited by jennibear

There have been many threads about this problem, and it always boils down to people abusing it. It may not be problem right now, but what about when Warframe gets so popular that we have eight year-olds joining the game all the time who don't have a sense of humor? What about when they host a game and then just kick everybody for the sheer fun of it?

sadly we got way too many 8 year olds in here already. who are just blatant about it

Agree with OP, if I'm going to run a tower 4 defense, survival or interception and going for a certain prime part I will certainly make it clear in recruit how long/ how many waves I want to stay. Your solutions will be a great help.

I don't mind if some new players want to join my T4 key however some of them simply give up and sudden quit when they find out their weapons/warframe abilities aren't doing any damage, this is definitely unacceptable for me. Not to mention leechers and afkers simply sitting there and let others do the job for them just because they are new.

I said Farming for the key 15-20 minutes not being in the match.

I didn't forget, I was simply disagreeing with your "don't revive them as a short term solution" thing because I already have been doing that & think it's a useless solution because of what I just said. "I had one die 30 times & they asked to go again" & that it hurts the group in the long run.

Why are you getting all damn defensive? LOL

There's definitely just a lot of miscommunication here then, because I seriously don't even understand the underlined point.  Additionally, I'm not getting defensive, at all.  The fact of the matter is that I'm trying to make sure you get my point where you're very clearly overlooking it.  The bolded part speaks to that entirely because they can only die thirty times if you're allowing yourself to carry them.  They want to work with you because you're clearly acting in a way that insinuates that you will carry them through anything and everything.

For whatever reason, DE has been wholeheartedly against having any form of a kick option for the players in Warframe for forever.  While I'm still saying I support a lobby based kick option, the reason I'm trying to point out potential alternatives is because there's a precedence for the fact that we may never get such an option.

Can't multiquote cuz my computer is wonky, so this part is in response to Critter:  I'll always revive people in normal matches constantly.  I'm only advocating to not revive them when they're being irresponsible by joining missions that they have no reason to be in, by any stretch.  Just the other day I was effectively babysitting a player who couldn't handle themselves in a Survival but it wasn't a T4 survival or anything within that realm so I never ignored their need of assistance.

If someone asks for players in a T4, they aren't asking to carry someone in a T4.  If a player goes and can't handle it then it does not fall onto the laps of the others to hold their hand.

There's definitely just a lot of miscommunication here then, because I seriously don't even understand the underlined point.  Additionally, I'm not getting defensive, at all.  The fact of the matter is that I'm trying to make sure you get my point where you're very clearly overlooking it.  The bolded part speaks to that entirely because they can only die thirty times if you're allowing yourself to carry them.  They want to work with you because you're clearly acting in a way that insinuates that you will carry them through anything and everything.

For whatever reason, DE has been wholeheartedly against having any form of a kick option for the players in Warframe for forever.  While I'm still saying I support a lobby based kick option, the reason I'm trying to point out potential alternatives is because there's a precedence for the fact that we may never get such an option.

Can't multiquote cuz my computer is wonky, so this part is in response to Critter:  I'll always revive people in normal matches constantly.  I'm only advocating to not revive them when they're being irresponsible by joining missions that they have no reason to be in, by any stretch.  Just the other day I was effectively babysitting a player who couldn't handle themselves in a Survival but it wasn't a T4 survival or anything within that realm so I never ignored their need of assistance.

If someone asks for players in a T4, they aren't asking to carry someone in a T4.  If a player goes and can't handle it then it does not fall onto the laps of the others to hold their hand.

you didn't even read after the bolded point did you it clearly says "it hurts the team in the long run" omg ='|

There's definitely just a lot of miscommunication here then, because I seriously don't even understand the underlined point. 

You farm keys in interception missions on ceres & wherever else, it takes like 10-20 minutes sometimes to farm each key, without guarantee to a good one.

It can be abused quite easily. "Oh hey guys, thanks for assisting me all the way through that last hour of a T4 survival. I bet you'd all like those shiny prime parts now huh? Well I decided I don't want you to have any." *Boots before extraction*

exactly lol

If you just allow people to view mastery rank, or sure, maybe gear too, there's no reason to need to kick them after you invite them as you will be able to vet them properly.  People sometimes get a little unnecessarily opinionated about gear...maybe that particular item didn't work well with their play style, or I've forma'd it a bunch of times, or whatever.  

Kicking in-game would be awful.  Kicking in-lobby might get annoying but I don't think would be that big of a problem.  I'd rather people just vet properly before hand, but whatever.  

There have been many threads about this problem, and it always boils down to people abusing it. It may not be problem right now, but what about when Warframe gets so popular that we have eight year-olds joining the game all the time who don't have a sense of humor? What about when they host a game and then just kick everybody for the sheer fun of it?

Yeah so what?, so the minority of a few bad apples, shall ruin the system for the rest of us grown ups??

Its like the current situation we have in aviation all over the world now,.. just because a few idiots did the 9/11 twintower incident, over a decade ago, everybody else who wants to fly from point A, to B, now, will be strip serched and generally harrased every time,..