Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Players Joining T4 Missions.

jennibear

It can be abused quite easily. "Oh hey guys, thanks for assisting me all the way through that last hour of a T4 survival. I bet you'd all like those shiny prime parts now huh? Well I decided I don't want you to have any." *Boots before extraction*

obviously it should be vote kick during missions.

well, being only rank 9 i think that mastery rand doesn't always reflects well, how much you can help the team.

once i saw a guy in the recruit chat writing the following:

H T4 surv, PM conclave rating

while judging from conclave rating is still far from perfect, it gives a much better idea of the gear of the player. And a new player probably doesn't even know what does it mean, or when he lies that 'i'm 1300 CR, let me in' and then shows up with excal/braton/lato/skana, you shouldn't feel bad about telling them to quit, because he lied

dunno about kick option, i think it should be available only when you have the key, but then there's the issue of kicking everybody just before reaching extraction. maybe you can kick people in the first 3 minutes in the mission, with the option of restarting

I agree, we must have this!! Being able to see the rank of each player when in the load out room. Sometimes you get rank2-3 guys trying to join even if you said rank 9+, and only when the game start you realize what his rank is

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

There have been many threads about this problem, and it always boils down to people abusing it. It may not be problem right now, but what about when Warframe gets so popular that we have eight year-olds joining the game all the time who don't have a sense of humor? What about when they host a game and then just kick everybody for the sheer fun of it?

bro, he only said for tower keys, there isn't any abusing when your the actual owner of the match.

Votekick would've been nice indeed, although easy to abuse. That's why I'd much rather have proper profiles instead, current ones have nothing but a massive and messy abundance of numbers and useless stats that nobody cares about.

First and foremost we need a better invite system, I think letting everyone into some sort of a queue and having the host pick whomever he/she chooses from a list would be the best way, and so the hosts wont have to sort out 50-60 private messages they're getting spammed with after saying something like "Hosting T4S 1 spot left". It'd be pretty easy to implement, DE would only have to let anyone "join" a squad with a certain command instead of making the host invite them, then those who have joined will have faded names unlike the real squad members until they're approved by the host, and the rest is auto-kicked when the mission starts after host is done picking squad members.

Then the profiles, it could've been a summary of our current gear/most used gear, maybe some personal info we can fill out like where we're from with a short description/quote, what we're looking for at the moment (farming Rhino P, fun, leveling crap gear, etc.), some small screen of useful info that pops up when you hover over someone's name.

Edited by CapricaSix

To the OP:

People are just going to have to deal and move on if asked to leave because of a lack of experience and or decent gear in regards to T4 content. They will get over it and life does go on. I personally have been asked to leave or left on my own in many Raids or Dungeon runs from other games because my gear and exp was just not up to par yet.

It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it.

I would very much like to see mastery rank next everyone's names, for a whole bunch of reasons, not just this one.  

Sadly Mastery means little. With the quickness of leveling Frames and Weapons in Dark Sectors, ODD's and an XP booster; you can hit Mastery 16 in no time as it does not reflect your actual time usage with the items. If adding Potatoes and Forma to Frames and Weapons counted in some stat somewhere, that would be the most realistic way of determining a player's experience; somewhat.

Buy a couple weapon inventory slots, and a couple Frame slots. Get them power leveled to 30 in no time with minimal effort, delete when done, buy new ones and start again with another unique set. Wash, rinse and repeat for best results. Go talk to a Mastery 16 player and ask about the various weapons they have played with and their experiences with them, most wont be able to respond to gameplay experience and they will tell you 95% of weapons are "Mastery fodder" anyways. They will tho, be able to respond to the good ol' defaults, ie Ogris, Soma, Boltor Prime, Penta, Ignis, Synapse etc... 

Plus, what about the low level Mastery players, who usually in my experience, are around level 4 - 7 who have Prime Access gear? Thats the complete opposite end of the spectrum where the player has no time in the game, BUT has access to 'better' equipment from short cutting the system. To each their own, but this is the burden of the system we have.

tl;dr

Mastery, right now, is just not a realistic, viable leverage to compare against. I'd rather see a players "Time Played:" stat instead and even that is kinda obsolete as well since you can be logged in and just chat all day.

Votekick would've been nice indeed, although easy to abuse. That's why I'd much rather have proper profiles instead, current ones have nothing but a massive and messy abundance of numbers and useless stats that nobody cares about.

First and foremost we need a better invite system, I think letting everyone into some sort of a queue and having the host pick whomever he/she chooses from a list would be the best way, and so the hosts wont have to sort out 50-60 private messages they're getting spammed with after saying something like "Hosting T4S 1 spot left". It'd be pretty easy to implement, DE would only have to let anyone "join" a squad with a certain command instead of making the host invite them, then those who have joined will have faded names unlike the real squad members until they're approved by the host, and the rest is auto-kicked when the mission starts after host is done picking squad members.

Then the profiles, it could've been a summary of our current gear/most used gear, maybe some personal info we can fill out like where we're from with a short description/quote, what we're looking for at the moment (farming Rhino P, fun, leveling crap gear, etc.), some small screen of useful info that pops up when you hover over someone's name.

Put that one on the list, this is personally my favorite idea. I have trouble with the fact that players will KNOW who kicked them & want revenge lol so this sounds like a good way of eliminating that. Great thinking! =) 

To the OP:

People are just going to have to deal and move on if asked to leave because of a lack of experience and or decent gear in regards to T4 content. They will get over it and life does go on. I personally have been asked to leave or left on my own in many Raids or Dungeon runs from other games because my gear and exp was just not up to par yet.

It happens. Don't beat yourself up over it.

I try not to!! but it's hard when they message you that you're the worst person in the world & that you should bleed to death lol xD thanks for the kind words though. =)

Kick option for lobbies. YES YES YES! Just as long as you can't kick while Ingame. :/

Also kicking someone in T4S is going to screw you over as much as the other guy. -.- You need 4 team members once you hit 30 minutes.

Put that one on the list, this is personally my favorite idea. I have trouble with the fact that players will KNOW who kicked them & want revenge lol so this sounds like a good way of eliminating that. Great thinking! =) 

Anytime for a fellow Valkyr :P ..I just wish the game wasn't so.. very.. beta, the whole UI feels so makeshift!

I try not to!! but it's hard when they message you that you're the worst person in the world & that you should bleed to death lol xD thanks for the kind words though. =)

Listen: People have to just deal with it, T4 missions are really for the 8+ MR players, not rank 3. X-x 

i think it would be bettor to have mastery rank option so any one who is not mastery rank (4-16) cant join 

it would be easyer and if they make a stink and call you names you can report them< its that simple

Your Key, your rules. They're just gonna have to respect that when you (kindly) tell them to leave the lobby.

This, might seem rough on new players. But you will soon understand when you are in the position of having new ones come for what they think they need now. They jump from installing the game, to go to the hardest challengle because of what it drops. They thinking it is the best. Many factors to understand here. For both new and old. 

Have to agree with OP and Husky_Pride on this one. T4 Survival, Defense and Interception, even Pluto Interception is not the place to bring your unranked Excalibur or primary, a single revive, and decide to leave your post because it is too hard, or everyone else is getting kills and no one is attacking your station so you decide to run all over the map. Don't come to a defense mission, hang out in the furthest corner of the map the entire mission doing your solo thing, then expect someone to leave the pod to revive you.

And for the love of everything holy, when your Interception teammate declares, "I have Station A, (or B, C, or D)" it means there is another station for you to cover. Go find it, stay there and defend it. With a squad of four, one man per station should not be a difficult concept to grasp.

I don't think MR rank cap is a good option. I'd rather like to see the loadout level of teamates.

Personal story, I was playing with my new frame Mag Prime and new guns. I saw a recruit mission T4 and ask for it, the host launched the mission before I could change my loadout.

So as I'm MR10, such failure can happen.

-snip-

tl;dr

Mastery, right now, is just not a realistic, viable leverage to compare against. I'd rather see a players "Time Played:" stat instead and even that is kinda obsolete as well since you can be logged in and just chat all day.

Your time played stat on your profile in game is actually time spent in missions.  It doesn't include time spent in menus or in lobby.

Mastery Level Limit!

T1 - Any level

T2 - Lv2+

T3 - Lv4+

T4 - Lv6+

That's just stupid. Someone who's MR2 and knows how to mod their weapon & frame will do multiple times better than someone who is MR9, has no clue on modding and has just been crafting and leveling new weapons and frames.

Mastery Rank does not reflect player skill.

I have this happen alot to me, The best way is to remove Taxi'ing. Low level players tend to taxi all the way to pluto or some thing then just sit there and and leech. They also Get T3-T4 keys then tries to host and do the same. The best solution in my opinion is not to have a /kick function but to just show the rank besides each player (which will be in u14, and removal of taxi'ing will be in u14 i think).
The rank shows almost everything about the player, you can tell that they spend alot of time playing the game and probably....a rank 8+++ will most likely have almost all max mods aka (serrration, corrupted mods).
/kick function maybe a logical solution but it will only be abused.... Especially if you can kick them anytime in the game.

That's just stupid. Someone who's MR2 and knows how to mod their weapon & frame will do multiple times better than someone who is MR9, has no clue on modding and has just been crafting and leveling new weapons and frames.

Mastery Rank does not reflect player skill.

Mastery rank does not reflect player skill, that is true....But the main point is the mods itself. do you think a rank 2 will have enough mods for end game stuff? most likely not....

The main reason why i believe people should judge on mastery level is because of the weapons and mods ---> time spend in game.

Some people that are mr9 that has no idea on modding, yeah sure. but they are more easier to carry because they have something for end game, maybe lvl 30 frames, weapons, sometimes they even forma their weapons 5x++

use of keys or being able to join a specific tiered tower run should be locked down to your solar map progress imho, the solar map already has T1/2/3 equivalents (the more of the map is unlocked the more tiers they can access), then have T4 accessed if the whole solar map is cleared, this way you know if your hosting a T4 and your inviting, the players at least shouldnt be underequipped by that stage and players couldnt even accept your invite and join if they hadnt cleared the map.

I don't think MR rank cap is a good option. I'd rather like to see the loadout level of teamates.

Personal story, I was playing with my new frame Mag Prime and new guns. I saw a recruit mission T4 and ask for it, the host launched the mission before I could change my loadout.

So as I'm MR10, such failure can happen.

I really dont know why people are freaking out about this. In the new party system in u14, it will show the MR of each player in the lobby so it should be fine.....I honsetly believe MR cap for voids is just stupid....just let the host to decide if they are willing to carry a low rank

Thinking about it just now, I wouldn't mind hopping into a T4 mission....

....problem is that I'd probably get pounded in a second.  I can't handle T2 missions (though I hardly tried), and I'm sure me being a chew-toy would look embarrassing for the rest of my teammates. xD

Then again, I continue to assume that the rest of you Tenno are far superior and far more skilled and experienced, as you've been playing this game far longer than I, and know how to handle things.  But at least I'm not such a total n00b.  As for the rest of you who host T4 missions and end up getting fresh rookies all the time, I can sympathize with you on that.

Thinking about it just now, I wouldn't mind hopping into a T4 mission....

....problem is that I'd probably get pounded in a second.  I can't handle T2 missions (though I hardly tried), and I'm sure me being a chew-toy would look embarrassing for the rest of my teammates. xD

Then again, I continue to assume that the rest of you Tenno are far superior and far more skilled and experienced, as you've been playing this game far longer than I, and know how to handle things.  But at least I'm not such a total n00b.  As for the rest of you who host T4 missions and end up getting fresh rookies all the time, I can sympathize with you on that.

I dont believe being skilled and experience has to do with any of this.

The problem lies the weapon and mods you have. The reason you cannot handle a certain level its cuz your mods are not all the way up there, if u know what i mean.

The problem with high survival/defense (t4) is that players that are low ranks, have none of the necessary mods to even handle them.

The team cannot just keep carrying one person, we kinda need to work together =/

Also in my perspective, being the person who dies over and over is a huge burden to the team.

The low level should focus more on getting specific gear or mods then leveling it up instead of sneaking into a t4 and try to leech off it.

Iv had 2 MR3 in t4 defense, they said something about how they can handle it....moment vor came, i literarlly spend my entire time reviving their butts =_= i