Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puddle Hate - Possible Fix

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Honestly Undertow is a great power.  It is no way a damage power but it has huge tactical potential as a defencive, CC and utility skill.

That said, power combos between players is something I'd like to see across all warframes, if for nothing more than to promote more team and co-operative play.

I only wish the puddle can move across the floor until its duration is over.  You know... a ninja puddle.

This.  Let us move the puddle at walking speed (very slow) and collect enemies little by little. This will make the ability much more useful while justifying the higher energy cost after the toggle changes.  

• 3 weeks later...

To say that some of the changes suggested would make it "overpowered" is  silly. Making it actually do something useful would not make it overpowered, just "powered". Right now it's just a novelty ability, with very limited usefulness. It would be fantastic to see something changed about it.

What if allied things standing on the puddle got damage protection? It could be like... a sort of Absorb/Snow Globe hybrid thing. I don't know. Frankly right now any buff at all would be an improvement.

A water molecule is made of 2 Hydrogen atoms covalently bonded to an Oxygen atom, there are NO free electrons or ions,so  the water molecule is electrically balanced. Since electrical current is defined as the number of charges (ions or electrons) passing a point per unit time then there can NOT be any charge flow in water. What actually passes the current is the little particles floating around in the water (electrons jumping from particle to particle).

Edit for clarity.

Wrong. 

Water undergoes slight self-ionisation in the equilibrium reaction between two water molecules to one hydroium ion and one hydroxide ion. It can conduct electricity, but to a very small extent if the water is pure, so to speak. 

I never had any gripes with puddle until I was farming Ruk for orokin cells yesterday and the Hyroid with us was using puddle on him while I'm just sitting here thinking "Really? That doesn't damage him, why are you doing that?!  Plus we can't even attack him while he's in there you idiot."

It is one of the best skills in the game. Especially for Infested Defense, because it creates a safe zone around the objective that simultaneously damages the enemy, and furthermore stuns the enemies when they are released. 

And for solo, it is an effective stealth skill

True It does provide an effective safe zone but I wouldn't say it's one of the best skills in the game as other players are unable to hurt enemy's while they're in the puddle unless recast loads of times.  also Banshee can already provide a safe zone with her ultimate plus damage and other players can shoot the enemy's.   

It is one of the best skills in the game. Especially for Infested Defense, because it creates a safe zone around the objective that simultaneously damages the enemy, and furthermore stuns the enemies when they are released. 

And for solo, it is an effective stealth skill

UNlees the enemy is corpus or grinner who dont need to go near the the objective. It currently sucks and DesecratedFlame's idea is great.

Its really an anti-team ability that stalls the game for everyone and something better be done about it.

Its even worse vs infested when energy leach unit gets trapped leaving everyone with no energy.

If Hydroid wants to protect the pod from melee he can spam Narrow minded Barrage on it - works quite well.  

Puddle is only good for surviving purposes. Or trolling. 

What if they did two things:

1. Ended all AoE/Eximus abilities for enemies who fall into the puddle (If this has happened already on PC I'm sorry) and

2. Allowed anyone shooting into the pool to spread status effects to all enemies in the puddle, which would only start counting down once they were released. This way, the damage potential wouldn't be ridiculously overpowered, but the other players could still affect all enemies in the puddle, ultimately making it easier to kill them once released.