Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerdy Physics Stuffs

HoppsWilde

You know i'm talking about when you shoot and enemy and the enemy keeps going until they hit a wall right? 

So clearly the force would need to be well over 100 newtons to make a 100 kg grineer do that. I don't need the velocity of the arrow I can easily estimate the velocity of the corpse and use that to find its momentum.

Infact 25m/s is probably slower than it actually moves meaning it would need more force.

People who are estimating 5 newtons. The grineer probably weigh 100 kg. That's like someone pushed them. That's not enough to send them flying and be impaled to a wall. 

Well, we need to get the velocity of the arrow in Warframe, then use the Law of Conservation of Momentum when the arrow and the Grineer fly off, then calculate the impulse (or force, for people who want to use F = ∆p/∆t).

If you are going to be calculating Warframe physics, you need a base value for comparison.

Excalibur's unranked Slash Dash travels at 30 meters per second for 0.55 seconds without any other mods.

Hydroid's unranked Tidal Surge travels at 15 meters per second for 1 second without any other mods.

Nova's max ranked Molecular Prime travels at 5 meters per second for 6 seconds without any other mods.

Rhino's unranked Rhino Charge travels at 40 meters per second for 0.35 seconds without any other mods.

Tenno are the same size as humans.

I love these kinds of projects, and enjoy reading these obscure conclusions with results that would never work in real life.
I do have one issue. I'm no physicist, mathematician, scientist, cross dresser, engineer or on any other way highly educated.

I have previously tried to wrap my head what a Netwon is, but it didn't work.

Can I persuade someone to explain to me, as you would a 5 year old, what the hell a Newton is? How many Newtons does it take to... I don't know... Break an arm? Pierce 1 inch steel? Change a lightbulb?

I love these kinds of projects, and enjoy reading these obscure conclusions with results that would never work in real life.

I do have one issue. I'm no physicist, mathematician, scientist, cross dresser, engineer or on any other way highly educated.

I have previously tried to wrap my head what a Netwon is, but it didn't work.

Can I persuade someone to explain to me, as you would a 5 year old, what the hell a Newton is? How many Newtons does it take to... I don't know... Break an arm? Pierce 1 inch steel? Change a lightbulb?

A Newton is the force needed to accelerate a mass of 1kg to 1 m/s^2.