Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thinks The Stat Helmets Should Come Back

(PSN)ArjunHarikumar

Seeing as how the helmets that have stats on them are called "arcane", and you can get the same helmet as a pure cosmetic item, I personally would like DE to go that route with all helmets. Just give stats to all helmets and have statless-versions of them, so you choose which one you want.

"But what if you want the look of X helmet but you like the stats on Y?" and suddenly it falls apart. But does it really need to? Why not simply give people the choice to put this and that stat on whatever helmet they want? That way no specific helmet comes with a specific stat increase/decrease. Think of it like "enchanting" your items, you choose the helmet you want to enchant and get a list of possible enchants to.... enchant it with. Get me?

Having warframe-specific armor pieces also has the potential for them to slightly tweak individual skills, like "reduce damage bonus of Rhino's Roar, but increase armor instead" or something to that effect.

They took off stats because some helmets had completely worthless stats, so if someone liked the look of the helmet but the stats sucked, they couldn't really use it.

That being said, the stat boosts from helmets were marginal at most. If you're using a complete set of mods, the stat changes from a helmet were marginal at most. The only people that care about stats on helmets were the ones that wanted to optimize their builds to the very last bit. You're not missing out on anything big, trust me. None of the stat changes were game changers by any means. (except the rhino vanguard helm, if you've got a thing for movement speed).

No. This 'situation' exists because DE made a decision and some people can't handle change in a game that is a work in progress.

yea but......screw those people? j/k a bp that removed the stats were a good idea I think.....that way people could either have their stats or not. I like them I forget what Ash looks like without his arcane locust helm on or Lokis swindle... (no loki prime yet...sadness)

No. This 'situation' exists because DE made a decision and some people can't handle change in a game that is a work in progress.

I don't see it that way. There are two sides, people that want stats and people that don't. The ones that didn't screamed more and got what they wanted.

Edited by sushidubya

They took off stats because some helmets had completely worthless stats, so if someone liked the look of the helmet but the stats sucked, they couldn't really use it.

That being said, the stat boosts from helmets were marginal at most. If you're using a complete set of mods, the stat changes from a helmet were marginal at most. The only people that care about stats on helmets were the ones that wanted to optimize their builds to the very last bit. You're not missing out on anything big, trust me. None of the stat changes were game changers by any means. (except the rhino vanguard helm, if you've got a thing for movement speed).

Yeah he is right on the money. Most likely you would not even notice anything.

But I know what it is like to want something and you can't get it so you think it is better than what it is.

It really is no big deal :)

Seeing as how the helmets that have stats on them are called "arcane", and you can get the same helmet as a pure cosmetic item, I personally would like DE to go that route with all helmets. Just give stats to all helmets and have statless-versions of them, so you choose which one you want.

"But what if you want the look of X helmet but you like the stats on Y?" and suddenly it falls apart. But does it really need to? Why not simply give people the choice to put this and that stat on whatever helmet they want? That way no specific helmet comes with a specific stat increase/decrease. Think of it like "enchanting" your items, you choose the helmet you want to enchant and get a list of possible enchants to.... enchant it with. Get me?

Having warframe-specific armor pieces also has the potential for them to slightly tweak individual skills, like "reduce damage bonus of Rhino's Roar, but increase armor instead" or something to that effect.

completely agree i would love loki essance stats on loki swindle helm

You should try to put it all into perspective.
Having cosmetic helmets with stat boosts (and reductions) merely works against the intention of the mod system as a whole.
Your mods are your stat-customizing items and have a much more significant impact than the helmets ever would. Their decision was based upon how stat helmets didn't fit into their broader design, and how it limited players who wanted alternatives for their frames without risking their playstyle because of stat reductions.

It was something stat-changing readily available for platinum purchase as well, giving a slight notion of P2W, but that's behind us and may never even have been an issue anyway... As the stats on helmets were vitually useless and barred many from having appearance customization options.

Edited by Tyranti

I don't see it that way. There are two sides, people that want stats and people that don't. The ones that didn't screamed more and got what they wanted.

I don't see it that way, either. The ones that didn't gave as much of a shouting as the ones that did but apparently DE just agreed with them more.

to every one saying stats  don't matter have you seen many experienced  rhino players without vanguard helm equipped rhino p with vangaurd out races a lot of frames

And you don't see this as a problem? A tank-themed warframe having superior defenses and speed, and probably offense on top of that for using Soma's and the like?

to every one saying stats  don't matter have you seen many experienced  rhino players without vanguard helm equipped rhino p with vangaurd out races a lot of frames

Oh boy I can run slightly faster how exciting oh boy what an advantage

Really though. It doesn't matter.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

You should try to put it all into perspective.

Having cosmetic helmets with stat boosts (and reductions) merely works against the intention of the mod system as a whole.

Your mods are your stat-customizing items and have a much more significant impact than the helmets ever would. Their decision was based upon how stat helmets didn't fit into their broader design, and how it limited players who wanted alternatives for their frames without risking their playstyle because of stat reductions.

It was something stat-changing readily available for platinum purchase as well, giving a slight notion of P2W, but that's behind us and may never even have been an issue anyway... As the stats on helmets were vitually useless and barred many from having appearance customization options.

I disagree cuz...corrupt mods and auras. Also the current Arcane helmets that will never leave my frames even the ugly ones. Also ALL my helmets were from alerts and I have them all. ALSO you can remove stats but why can't I add them?

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

I dont think this topic will get any positive feedback on the issue that it has created. But you know, if you really want one, you can trade them. Problem then is overpriced prices. But thats the price you gotta pay for what is now somewhat exclusive to the owner of whom has it. It is a horrible thing that they removed them, because what has happened is worse. It could as easily have stayed for my taste. Because removing them from those who bought them or got them. That will create another topic of this manner. Its a horrible situation created. It really is. 

Do what DFO did.  Allow the both items to use either stat configuration so people can choose the one they want.

I disagree cuz...corrupt mods and auras. Also the current Arcane helmets that will never leave my frames even the ugly ones. Also ALL my helmets were from Aerts and I have them all.

I don't get your point. Corrupt mods and auras share the fact that they are mods, designed to be your only stat-customization.

I know that they were obtainable through alert but that doesn't make it any better.

Helmets that limit customization of all players because of their stat changes bound to appearance changes aren't a very good idea, and DE realized this. Alongside my point about mods, there's really no reason to have cosmetics also be stat-boosters.

The problem is that a small subset of the arcane helms are far more useful than the others and significantly improve the frame in question.  They also work independently of, but complementary to, mod cards.

I assume that the current program is partially intended to gather data -- for instance, on whether or not people actually convert their Arcane helms.  I think this is a flawed method since making the Arcane helms unobtainable gives them collectors status regardless of their utility.

I dont think this topic will get any positive feedback on the issue that it has created. But you know, if you really want one, you can trade them. Problem then is overpriced prices. But thats the price you gotta pay for what is now somewhat exclusive to the owner of whom has it. It is a horrible thing that they removed them, because what has happened is worse. It could as easily have stayed for my taste. Because removing them from those who bought them or got them. That will create another topic of this manner. Its a horrible situation created. It really is.

Yeah well at least they decided not to strip the stats off of the old arcane helms because some people actually paid for those. Personally I purchased the Saryn Hemlock one as a newb, because I thought she was slow lol. (That was before i knew about sliding and coptering.) I can understand why people would be upset with removing stats from purchased helms. I think the current end result was an OK compromise. Just OK. Lol.

The problem is that a small subset of the arcane helms are far more useful than the others and significantly improve the frame in question.  They also work independently of, but complementary to, mod cards.

I assume that the current program is partially intended to gather data -- for instance, on whether or not people actually convert their Arcane helms.  I think this is a flawed method since making the Arcane helms unobtainable gives them collectors status regardless of their utility.

if someone really intentionally converted an arcane helmet to a statless... lol

Edited by Kartumterek

Yeah well at least they decided not to strip the stats off of the old arcane helms because some people actually paid for those. Personally I purchased the Saryn Hemlock one as a newb, because I thought she was slow lol. (That was before i knew about sliding and coptering.) I can understand why people would be upset with removing stats from purchased helms. I think the current end result was an OK compromise. Just OK. Lol.

hehe, yeah. I think this disgussion should just lay low for now. It might be locked soon. It has no progressive purpose towards a positive feedback. Not saying all feedback should be positive. But this one will grind more gears than we need. For now. Personally, I'd be sad if they removed stats from those helmets. But then again, the understanding of those who didnt get them is there. Thats why I think the whole removing them in the first place was a bad idea. They did this upon themself here. They could have easily just let it be for those helmets. And as they said, "new helmets will not have stats from now on" But yet again, old ones with could have stayed. Aswell as the introduction to convertion of them. That would be a better approach to this situation. Thats how everyone goes home happy. 

Oh boy I can run slightly faster how exciting oh boy what an advantage

Really though. It doesn't matter.

really does make a difference a make rhino p almost as fast as loki who is the fastest frame while rhino is one of the slowest so i think  a slighty better stat boost is still better thn nothing

really does make a difference a make rhino p almost as fast as loki who is the fastest frame while rhino is one of the slowest so i think  a slighty better stat boost is still better thn nothing

You can have more of an effect by putting a mod on without losing power strength.