Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Exploration Of The Representation Of Gender/sex In Warframe (Authorised Redux)

Corvid

My Tenno is the same guy no matter what frame he's in. (I sorta imagine that he looks like Hayden) Just because he's wearing Valkyr doesn't make him a girl, and a girl's wearing Frost doesn't make her a guy.

I actually assumed that all the frames are individually different Tenno, but each one representing a "breed" of Tenno, with the suits being standardized to accommodate the powers of each.

It's not that all Mags look the same, we just get that particular female Mag to represent her archetype.

I don't understand why anyone gives a rats @$$ about gender equality, or whatever point it is you're trying to make here, in a video game.

It's a video game.

Also, somehow you seem to have related fan art to DE's sexualizing their characters.

How do... I just... What is... I don't even...

It's fan art dude, emphasis on FAN, as in made and interpreted by the person creating the art, completely unrelated to DE in any way, shape, or form.

Why even mention fan art in this post, you're just asking to be trolled and/or flamed.

Or maybe you're trolling and I'm the one being trolled here, because it's hard for me to even believe you wrote something like that with serious intentions.

Edit: Should've just gone with this guys response;

I don't understand why this thread was made

Pretty much sums it up.

Edited by Instinction

I used to wish for gender selection or opposite sex counterparts.

now however

i like it the way it is.. also.. shouldnt we be more concerned with how the tenno identify as male or female per case scenario and not wether they were born with male or female genetalia. 

that being said i like that they dont give us a choice its really up to the player to decide for themselves wether the frames are as is, or wether they are genderqueer (unsure or one way inside one way outside)

now.. my personal philosophy is this: the sooner we can stop worrying with how society suggests one gender or the other should act the sooner we can all start being ourselves without being bothered by how other men or women look feel behave. 

lets accept them for who they are and not so much how we think they should be

I've seen other guys &!$$ed off. It's not pretty either.

I have too but I have noticed there is at least one MAJOR difference.  When guys get mega pissed off they at least try to direct all their rage and hate at who or what pissed them off in the first place.  

Girls will make anyone and everyone around them suffer.  At least that's what I've noticed.

Eh... the frames are designed around their abilities. I'm sure if Nova was male the frame would still be skin-tight.

Aside from possibly the ember agile animation, there's nothing particularly sexual.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'm curious as to what the developers think on the subject.

If any DE employees are reading this, what are your opinions on the way you've portrayed the two sexes? Is there anything that you'd change, now that you have the benefit of hindsight?