Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Surely Can't Be The Only One Upset About Not Keeping The Items From The Prologue, Can I?

Innocent_Flower

I don't know how this works for new players, since i'm at rank 13 and my brother at rank 1 had the same problem as me; You can't keep the items from the mission and you can't keep at least the items you carried to the end. 

I'm mostly sad because there was mastery fodder I'm missing out on and also I've never had mag. Guess I'l have to do with my mag prime *sniffles*

My brother was upset because He had Volt, a Bo, Furis and paris.  Probably the best starter gear ever. Then when he left he discovered himself with excalibur, the bratons, lato and skana. A downgrade. Ouch.  Not exactly reeling them back in, is it? 

Also as a consistency thing we found our other frames not having Vor bolts on us, which kinda buggers the story.  Going from mag to pimped out ash without my input was similarly jarring. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Guest Tehnoobshow

The mastery fodder will be added to the market later. And it's because your brother started playing before U14. Only new accounts get the stuff.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

My brother was upset because He had Volt, a Bo, Furis and paris.  Probably the best starter gear ever. Then when he left he discovered himself with excalibur, the bratons, lato and skana. A downgrade. Ouch.  Not exactly reeling them back in, is it?

A Furis is a bullet hose that allows you to kill maybe 2 enemies before it is out of Ammo.

The Kunai, however.... lol. One-shot with headshots. 2 if you somehow missed the head.

I would admit it'd suck if you were MR1 with the Pre-14 stuff and you do the Prologue and go from an MK1-Braton to MK1-Paris back to MK1-Braton... that WOULD suck, as the MK1-Paris was doing 165 damage per arrow to the head. Going back to a gun that takes half a clip to kill anything would be the ultimate suckerpunch.

I was so cut.

Idk about you guys, but that first prologue mission reminded me of why I fell in love with Warframe all over again. That intense, thematically appropriate, and absolutely amazingly directed mission was something I've missed in the endgame RNG-over-reliant grinds I've become too used to.

I'm pretty sad about not keeping the MK Is, but not because of their mastery potential - because they reminded me how fun weapons apart from the soma, boltor prime, or penta could be if scaled correctly to the mission level.

However, I did hear somewhere - forgot where, possibly in one of the megathreads - that the MK Is would be coming back to the market though don't quote me on that.

Has anyone actually checked before and after mastery points? Pre-U14 and Post U14

I've looked in my profile and found the Volt, and Mk-1 Furax, Mk -1 Kunai, and Mk-1 Paris all sitting at "Unranked", and I didn't keep them, so I don't have any more mastery points than what I had before.

Guest Tehnoobshow

But I'm thinking that rank 0's get to keep their volts.

Sorry, it's because you have to have made the account after U14 to keep the items.

Sorry, it's because you have to have made the account after U14 to keep the items.

I prefer if we get to keep it if we made our accounts before U14 and played the Prologue. 

At least it would make Vor's Prize more fun to play with. 

Edited by Renegade343

Guest Tehnoobshow

I prefer if we get to keep it if we made our accounts before U14 and played the Prologue. 

At least it would make Vor's Prize more fun to play with.

But then they'd have to give you slots.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Omigawd we couldn't possibly do that!

Slots given to the player without limited-time events or $$$$$$?

The people who skipped the prologue either on purpose or by accident would then complain because they were never told that they would miss out on mastery.

The people who skipped the prologue either on purpose or by accident would then complain because they were never told that they would miss out on mastery.

Not if they add the MK1s to the Market later which they have to do to be fair, because anybody who does the Prologue NOW with a NEW account can get 3 items nobody else can have (if they don't add those MK1s to the market).

Edited by Xylia

Guest Tehnoobshow

Not if they add the MK1s to the Market later which they have to do to be fair, because anybody who does the Prologue NOW with a NEW account can get 3 items nobody else can have (if they don't add those MK1s to the market).

They are going to do that, they said so during the live stream. But, they don't want to give you slots, so they're not giving it to you after the prologue. If you buy it from the market, then you will use your own slots.

A Furis is a bullet hose that allows you to kill maybe 2 enemies before it is out of Ammo.

The Kunai, however.... lol. One-shot with headshots. 2 if you somehow missed the head.

I would admit it'd suck if you were MR1 with the Pre-14 stuff and you do the Prologue and go from an MK1-Braton to MK1-Paris back to MK1-Braton... that WOULD suck, as the MK1-Paris was doing 165 damage per arrow to the head. Going back to a gun that takes half a clip to kill anything would be the ultimate suckerpunch.

Idk i picked mk1 braton and had no problems with it during prologue 3-5 shots to kill a guy, but thats only my subjective feeling.

Also they should allow you to switch weapons while still in mission, yea you have strun braton and paris, but new player sees that and asks "wtf are these, paris is a bow?? i dunno, but other 2??". 

So yea pick one weapon up fire few rounds, you dont like it?? pick another one.

Edited by Davoodoo

Also they should allow you to switch weapons while still in mission, yea you have strun braton and paris, but new player sees that and asks "wtf are these, paris is a bow?? i dunno, but other 2??". 

So yea pick one weapon up fire few rounds, you dont like it?? pick another one.

Myself and others have suggested this, and a dev said "We'll look into it" (pp).

So here's hoping they'll either do that, or at the very least, have a popup window explaining what the weapon is, and what it does. I bet a lot of newbies will think the Strun is a huge hand cannon, because of how big the barrel looks. Nothing about the Strun makes it look like a shotgun. And I bet some newbies would be surprised at what the Furis actually does, it doesn't look like a bullet hose pistol when you look at it (you'd expect a 15-20 round clip from the size of the magazine, not 35).

I'm wondering If there should just be an option to upgrade MK1 weapons to the full versions, and not give them seperate mastery rank points. Mk1 and braton are different, but MK-1 Paris is just an inferior version. 

I have such a concept for that (in the form of another quest): 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/265729-quest-arc-idea-getting-upgrades/

I thought it was pretty bogus.

I'm not really bothered about the Mastery points.

I'm bothered that I'm being punished for already having an account. I spent just as much time "experiencing" all that stuff as a new player would. Why don't I get the same reward for having spent my time?

It's exactly the same junk we get in the U.S. with telecomm companies and every other freakin' kind of service. Attracting new customers is more important than keeping existing ones.

Is that how you want me to see your business model, DE? You have to be thinking about perception these days. You have to. I've been wittering on about it for months, and I'm certain it's been raised internally.

Don't treat the people who have been zealots for your game like this. It might take a lot to make a loyal fan shut down on you, but when you manage to make it happen - I don't need to tell you what can happen.

This isn't a BIG problem on its own, but it's showing up in concert with a few other things, and I'm uneasy about it.

• 2 weeks later...

But I'm thinking that rank 0's get to keep their volts.

I am rank 0 and had to do the prologue but I didn't get any new stuff which really bums me out because I started with Loki who does not go well with Mk1 Braton (reasonably low health, shield and armour plus Braton is not a stealth weapon). So as I do not have stuff better suited to my warframe and play style I am having a lot of trouble ranking up and getting better equipment.

Sorry if this sounds a bit angry this is my first post on a forum and I am a little bit annoyed about the whole thing.