Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need More Ui Simplicity

ranks21

You've literally take out all the fun from the game with this one update.. Everything is just gone the way of console rubbish. I'm a big fan but also a harsh critic. when you have something simple and enjoyable try and build on that instead of trying to please everyone but ends up pleasing no one. "SIMPLICITY" is such a key factor in enjoyment. there are just too many back and forth in that ship and too much glare clashing with the textbox, cant invite or loin void mission with friend, starting void mission of one type and getting session unavailable while animation screen is running, back to nav screen and getting rewarded for a different mission type other than the one you've picked.

I could go on and on it would literally be a book. great effort bad update way too many complaints from the player base (pc), but you do get praises from the console kiddies.

I now just basically sit in region chat of the game with no desire to play the game,>>> finds a dark spot to read text..

Edited by ranks21

This is what happens when they rush to put out an update. If people would stop threatening DE to push out content at unreasonable rates and allow them a bit more time to do testing on their side, then the testing done by PC players wouldn't be as painful.

The release of this update speaks directly to this problem. If they want to release an update on a given Wednesday, it better be 100% done by the Friday before at the very latest, or else you run into timing problems and problems with bugs that cause serious issues for the beta testers.

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

U14 is U13+(broken)new features.

The only thing different is the UI. And it's only a few extra clicks.

If anything, bugs are the worst thing, althoughh I'm pretty sure there are no bugs that prevent getting non-nav segments anymore, and new players  are the only ones that should affect.

But... The console kiddies don't even have the update yet...

There's this baseless impression going around that the new UI was streamlined to be easier to navigate with joysticks. Which is probably true, as a lot of people use controllers. My mouse still works fine, however. I click on things and those things still happen. Not sure where the PC Master Race butthurt is coming from, really. 

I play on PC, with a mouse and keyboard, and greatly prefer the new UI. 

You can hit ESC to access every part of your ship, btw. You don't have to physically run to each bench. 

this... i find no issues navigating through the new ui -_-

I have found some annoying bug, like the ones you mentioned. However, this happens every time they rush an update. (I am kinda curious how many lines of code this update was. I am assuming 50,000ish.) And finding every single error in that code, the hidden ones too, is a huge task. I would give it a week or two until most of the annoying bugs are fixed.  

this update is good, but with lots of annoying bugs

I am literally opening the game to see if some of the positioning is fixed or any of the hotfixes allows you to continue the quests. I expected bugs, but this massive change is a bit too overwhelming and confusing. The ne UI although a good one in some ppls eyes is really bad. lets face it rubbish is rubbish. I've taken screenshots of what I am looking at on my screen when I go to the nav council with the rolling chat of either region or trading overlaying the nav box and trigger. annoying is just a way to sound acceptive.

This is what happens when they rush to put out an update. If people would stop threatening DE to push out content at unreasonable rates and allow them a bit more time to do testing on their side, then the testing done by PC players wouldn't be as painful.

The release of this update speaks directly to this problem. If they want to release an update on a given Wednesday, it better be 100% done by the Friday before at the very latest, or else you run into timing problems and problems with bugs that cause serious issues for the beta testers.

You are forgetting, this IS the Beta. There is no huge base of players testing this before we get our hands on it. We are doing the testing, and we get the content pretty raw.

The PS4 may have a bit better of a buffer, though. Since we PC players are testing everything for a couple months before you get it.

I'm not denying that there are a few touches and improvements that need to be made here with the UI, among many other things. But for fairly untested content, it all works pretty darn well.

So I decided to time myself in the new menu, from standing at the nav console, seeing an alert, changing my loadout, and into the mission.

All together, it took 40 seconds. Using the ESC menu, it took 25. On both of those, about 5 seconds can be attributed to something that can be easily fixed. 

Now I don't know about you, but less than a minute to get into a level seems okay to me. I recall it taking about the same amount of time in our last UI.

The only thing different is the UI. And it's only a few extra clicks.

Yep. I'm just imagining the new frame, the new intro, the new quest system, the new kubrow systems, etc. Obviously nothing about U14 is different except the UI.

There's this baseless impression going around that the new UI was streamlined to be easier to navigate with joysticks. Which is probably true, as a lot of people use controllers. My mouse still works fine, however. I click on things and those things still happen. Not sure where the PC Master Race butthurt is coming from, really. 

Yep.

It really doesn't help that the players pushed DE to release this update without more polishing...

I love the new UI for one. I find it immersive, intuitive, and welcoming. Also if you're so annoyed with the back and forth, just press escape. It's a good button. Gives you just as much back and forth as U13 UI.

Seems that you're playing with some different UI, much better than the one I have now.

As example, try to count, how many moves you need to do to change your loadout while you're in squad. Hint: in old UI you need exactly one click to reach your arsenal.

Or, try to read an info about current alerts, written with white letters on light color background. Or try to see tiny little white icons above planets on... yeah, light color background. But hey, shiny "diegetic" UI!..

Considering that in-mission UI issues, which were reported in numerous feedback threads, are still with us, I would not hold my breath. 

Edited by Khranitel