Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's (Small) Step Toward Pw-Like Business Strategy

fractal_magnets

Customizing a Kubrows colours will set you back 10p... No biggie yeah? One problem... The patterns are completely random and cannot be kept for later use.

This is like charging a player 10p every time they hit 'random' on their colour option for their warframe/sentinal/weapon.

Has it gone too far?

PSA: The OP of this megathread is several pages in due to thread merging. This smaller thread has taken over the original megathread. For the OP, please look on page 4 for the post with around 275 +1's. Thank you Tenno.  - TheStag

Jump to Original Post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267403-des-small-step-toward-pw-like-business-strategy/page-4#entry3102078

Edited by fractal_magnets

This is clearly a PWE-tier money draining mechanic.

I knew PWE wasn't out of the picture yet.

PSA: The OP of this megathread is several pages in due to thread merging. This smaller thread has taken over the original megathread. For the OP, please look several pages in for the post with around 275 +1's. Thank you Tenno.

Edited by TheStag

Customizing a Kubrows colours will set you back 10p... No biggie yeah? One problem... The patterns are completely random and cannot be kept for later use.

This is like charging a player 10p every time they hit 'random' on their colour option for their warframe/sentinal/weapon.

Has it gone too far?

Yes, they had: We spend money in WF to ignore the RNG, not to deal with it even more.

If they are going to do it, I think we should have the option to choose between a small amount platinum or a big amount of credits (Similar to ME3).

For 10p, we should be able to color our kubrows how we want, but if we want to change it pay another 10p. I hate the random generated color schemes.

Not only that, it's just silly to add RNG to the premium part of a Free to play game.

So the amount you have to pay for the Kubrow is a huge amount, you have to farm the egg (Not a big deal unless you have the luck of me... 20 runs so far). You have to create the core. 50,000 credits for the blueprints + 100,000 credits for the construction of the thing. 100,000 for upkeep. Must I go on? I am trying to stay positive but it's really hard. You also have all the resorces you have to spend on and AND the breeding needed to get it the way your want AND the huge amount of time you have to wait just to use the god dam thing AND you can't  take it on every run... I want one don't get me wrong what I don't want is a ****ing grind fest.

Edited by rex41043

I'm not alone in sayin: Already saw this coming! Why are you guys even surprised? Kubrows are so obviously DE's way of trying to make the players overly emotionally hooked to the game... which means a LOT of potential profit due to all these sinister mechanics surrounding them.

Has it gone too far?

In the stream they said you could trade color patterns...so does that mean when you put your space dog in the grinder you get it's genetics back?

Or did they scrap the whole trading thing?

Why don't they just sell the color palettes and skins for Kubrow like they did for Warframe. They can even double the price like 150p. It's not a big deal for who really want to customize their pets. But nah, DE just love RNG too much. I want white color with dark patern for my male Kubrow cause it reminds me of my dog. I love my Kubrow enough to throw plats for it. And guess what, after 70 tries, I'm still got F#@#K by RNG. Yayyy F@#%KING F@$#K RNG !

P/S : Sorry for bad language... 

Don't forget that your pet will die if you don't login and waste credits every 3 days or so.

After hours of grind, i finally got the egg, but guess what? I'm not going to make a kubrow, because he will die anyway, so why bother? 

Don't forget that your pet will die if you don't login and waste credits every 3 days or so.

After hours of grind, i finally got the egg, but guess what? I'm not going to make a kubrow, because he will die anyway, so why bother? 

What if you are unable to login? The world being as uncertain as it is, anything can happen in 3 days that could disable your from logging in.

I think thats only if you dont put him in stasis or something. not sure tho.

What if you are unable to login? The world being as uncertain as it is, anything can happen in 3 days that could disable your from logging in.

Worst part that all plat you have wasted on a pet will be gone too. Sentinels are far better, if you craft them and buy a cool wings or mask, it will stay this way forever. 

Worst part that all plat you have wasted on a pet will be gone too. Sentinels are far better, if you craft them and buy a cool wings or mask, it will stay this way forever. 

Friend, I want you to be absolutely sure that what you are saying is 100% accurate, or I will be very angry. Are you sure this is true, or is this what you believe? And I want to see your sources.

Any platinum you spend on a Kubrow will be lost if you get rid of the Kubrow or it dies.  That's just common sense.

Now, if you don't want to use it, you can freeze it instead of letting it die (or if you are going on a trip), but you have all sorts of credit sink mechanics required to keep it going.  No idea on the time frame on it dieing off, but three days or so sounds like it might be right if you don't feed it in that long.

Any platinum you spend on a Kubrow will be lost if you get rid of the Kubrow or it dies.  That's just common sense.

Now, if you don't want to use it, you can freeze it instead of letting it die (or if you are going on a trip), but you have all sorts of credit sink mechanics required to keep it going.  No idea on the time frame on it dieing off, but three days or so sounds like it might be right if you don't feed it in that long.

Again, I want solid proof before I believe that, because I don't want to believe it.

Again, I want solid proof before I believe that, because I don't want to believe it.

Dude, dev himself said that dog will die if you don't feed it. Just craft it and let it idle for sometime, you will notice that pet's hp is decaying.