Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's (Small) Step Toward Pw-Like Business Strategy

fractal_magnets

I don't know whether PW has any involvement in this decision, but...

The playerbase can only stop this in one way, don't pay for an RNG dice roll.

I never will, unfortunately reading the threads I see that some have.

Unfortunately this is not a recent practise, look at Mod and Key packs.

You bring up a good point with the mod and key packs. I actually forgot those existed. Those do have some restrictions to how random they are though. With the mod packs, some have guaranteed rares and such.

Yeah, the keys and mods were slightly different, a guaranteed T3 and a guaranteed Rare.

To get back on topic (sorry for slight derail) the Kubrow thing is another step in the wrong direction.

Have a +1 for the original post, I forgot earlier :)

Because it isn't like there was any randomness with platinum purchases before, like the mod packs and such...

[EDIT] Oh, I see that others have beaten me to this point... I suppose I should read more of a thread before replying to it. XD

Edited by RyojinOrion

You bring up a good point with the mod and key packs. I actually forgot those existed. Those do have some restrictions to how random they are though. With the mod packs, some have guaranteed rares and such.

Furthermore there are so many other free ways to obtain specifically the ones you want without having to pay a dim. But we're comparing a gameplay mechanic to customization here so it might not be fair.

But regardles this aspect of paying for random colors is disgusting, like you said they can increase the price if they want as long as we have can decide how will the Kubrow look, otherwise this is truthly the first time I can say DE doing a dirty moneygrab here.

I don't know whether PW has any involvement in this decision, but...

The playerbase can only stop this in one way, don't pay for an RNG dice roll.

I never will, unfortunately reading the threads I see that some have.

Unfortunately this is not a recent practise, look at Mod and Key packs.

This is why DE still carries on in this way. You will always have that minority that is impatient and thinks "Oh, it's just 10 Platinum". They then get a colour that they didn't want for their Kubrow and then it starts a vicious cycle in which the player will keep purchasing Platinum whenever they want something immediately. I think it's becoming evident that DE are becoming greedy.

Look at Blacklight Retribution, it has so much promise yet it is ruined by it's p2w properties. PWE anyone? 

This is why DE still carries on in this way. You will always have that minority that is impatient and thinks "Oh, it's just 10 Platinum". They then get a colour that they didn't want for their Kubrow and then it starts a vicious cycle in which the player will keep purchasing Platinum whenever they want something immediately. I think it's becoming evident that DE are becoming greedy.

Look at Blacklight Retribution, it has so much promise yet it is ruined by it's p2w properties. PWE anyone? 

DE should be raking in enough money through the ever prevalent purchases of the Kubrow starter kit and the Mirage bundle. I see no reason in which they should become greedy enough to make something involving platinum have a random reward. I completely agree with you. If I had the meme "Its a trap!" I would totally post it. That kubrow appearance change is a trap.

I loved U14 until I found this. Immediately thought of PWE(in some very rude words). +1

Same here. I joined WF last May when update 8 had just come out. That got me hooked. But as the game has gained popularity, it seems DE has become either; power-hungry or money-hungry. It's very sad, I just wish they would respond to our queries about RNG and grinding and the increase of having to use platinum for everything now.

I'm not going to pay for a chance to get a ugly looking Kubrow and have to pay who knows how much plat to make it look decent. I have always supported DE,but this is dumb. I would rather pay more plat to make my Kubrow look the way I wanted instead of RNG. If you want this feature changed or even tweaked SPEAK up DE has always said that squeaky wheel get the grease and if enough people complain about it they will change it.

If the majority of players are saying they would rather have  their Kubrow look exactly how they wanted (hot pink? lime green? etc), I am happy to pass this along to dev to seek and consider possible alternatives for this cosmetic outlet.

Your issues with this are in DE decisions, no one elses, so do not derail feedback and discussions with fearful claims of outside influence when no such thing as taken place. 

I absolutely get that it's the 'random' element in exchange for Platinum that is rubbing people the wrong way in the case of this cosmetic option. 

Real world: putting a quarter in a gumball machine, wanting a pink one, and getting a blue one. You still have a gumball, but it's not the exact flavour you wanted. Put in another quarter to get a chance at a different gumball, but you're paying for the gumball every time. 

Warframe's case: You're getting the gumball, and the gumball machine, for free, with wait times on delivery. If you think you want one free gumball to look different, you can throw a few quarters in the machine. 

But again, will pass along to dev to see what their thoughts are. 

If the majority of players are saying they would rather have  their Kubrow look exactly how they wanted (hot pink? lime green? etc), I am happy to pass this along to dev to seek and consider possible alternatives for this cosmetic outlet.

Your issues with this are in DE decisions, no one elses, so do not derail feedback and discussions with fearful claims of outside influence when no such thing as taken place. 

I absolutely get that it's the 'random' element in exchange for Platinum that is rubbing people the wrong way in the case of this cosmetic option. 
Real world: putting a quarter in a gumball machine, wanting a pink one, and getting a blue one. You still have a gumball, but it's not the exact flavour you wanted. Put in another quarter to get a chance at a different gumball, but you're paying for the gumball every time. 
Warframe's case: You're getting the gumball, and the gumball machine, for free, with wait times on delivery. If you think you want one free gumball to look different, you can throw a few quarters in the machine. 

I agree!

One: "Life's like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get"

Two: The interesting part of having the DNA blueprints for certain fur patterns and colors was that you could trade with friends and mix and match.

Three: This also encourages having multiple Kubrows, which DE was so kind as to give us 2 free stasis spots already.

I like the way it is, and I don't want to see a bright pink Kubrow with purple poke-dots.

It's not about outside influence, it's about similar decisions.

So it's working as intended? Paying real money for a chance?

Its more like you pay a quarter for a random gumball and get one you dont like. But if you want a different one you cant keep the original one but instead have to pay another quarter to have that one taken away and given another random one instead, my tastes might change and i might want to eat that first gumball that i paid for some day. You should at least let us keep every random color scheme we pay for instead of losing it.

Edited by spacedkadet

I get what you are saying...but in this instance we are paying real world currency for a virtual cosmetic that we have no control over.  We can't even use the color pallets that we have paid for.  I can understand fur pattern being random that is somthing that happens in a real world setting, but we can choose our hair color...why are we paying for that here?  

The problem with this logic is that in the real world, if I spend 2000 quarters (platinum) on gumballs, I get a ton of gumballs.

With this system, I still just have the gray fur I didn't want in the first place and now I'm out of quarters :(

Thanks so much for hearing us out and responding to this - I'm really happy that we've got this kind of transparency from you guys.