Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way For De To Monetize Kubrows Without Involving Rng

Brynslustafir

Now that DE has removed the terrible scrambling system, I suggest letting us buy gene injectors on the market(for plat) for specific fur patterns and then apply them to our Kubrows to give them that pattern. 

As for colors, why not just let us buy a Kubrow color pack?

I ran into a glitch that allowed me to me color my Kubrow, and I took a screenshot before it fixed itself:

8OmNHgE.jpg

You know you wish you could make your Kubrow look like this.

Edited by Plasmaface

Because, according to the developers themselves, they do not want pink, lime-green and shocking yellow (and other weird colours) on the Kubrows (although it would not be out of the reason to make a separate colour palette just for Kubrows).

Problem solved. A separate, less saturated Kubrow color palette would suffice. 

Although I still want a deep blue Kubrow, as shown in the screenshot. 

Because, according to the developers themselves, they do not want pink, lime-green and shocking yellow (and other weird colours) on the Kubrows (although it would not be out of the reason to make a separate colour palette just for Kubrows).

As you already pointed you could make kubrows specific palettes and patterns

You can do that and still give players free will on how they want to do it within set limitations.

As you already pointed you could make kubrows specific palettes and patterns

You can do that and still give players free will on how they want to do it within set limitations.

Yes, but I was answering to PlasmaFace's question about why not just let our Kubrows be coloured the same way as our equipment, with the developer answer, then giving another side.

which is dumb. they sould really give the community the choice of having their Kubs look like neon puffballs if we want to. seems like a case "my vision my rules" syndrome that too many game developers have.

which is dumb. they sould really give the community the choice of having their Kubs look like neon puffballs if we want to. seems like a case "my vision my rules" syndrome that too many game developers have.

I agree with this. 

A game that places such emphasis on customization should not contradict itself by setting such limited parameters for customization. 

I want my dark blue Kubrow. 

Edited by Plasmaface

True, but neon puffballs are a little bit of a strain to the eyes, in my own opinion.

If the developers do decide to allow the original colour palettes to customise our Kubrows, maybe tone it down a bit. 

True, but neon puffballs are a little bit of a strain to the eyes, in my own opinion.

If the developers do decide to allow the original colour palettes to customise our Kubrows, maybe tone it down a bit. 

or at the very minimal allow us to have neon colors for the small features. Bright green glowing eyes, paw pads, nose, etc. then maybe the fur colors are toned down as too keep it more natural and "normal looking"

Even if the color picker was a one time thing that you chose when you began to incubate your egg, I'd be quite satisfied.

I wouldn't. I like to have everything i use match, and I change my colors very frequently. so that would ruin it for me.

or at the very minimal allow us to have neon colors for the small features. Bright green glowing eyes, paw pads, nose, etc. then maybe the fur colors are toned down as too keep it more natural and "normal looking"

A good suggestion! +1

Now that DE has removed the terrible scrambling system, I suggest letting us buy gene injectors on the market(for plat) for specific fur patterns and then apply them to our Kubrows to give them that pattern. 

As for colors, why not just let us buy a Kubrow color pack?

I actually made a really long post on a possible system to do that: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/268982-kubrow-scrambler-replacement-gene-therapy-warning-long-post/

I agree, we do need a way to get specific patterns and colors we want.  It's a bit more fun though if it is left up to trade instead of buying stuff on the market.

Right now, almost every Kubrow in existence that hasn't had the scrambler used on them seems to be white or light gray.  A lot of people reported different colors on the B appearance preset, mine was pink and green (which isn't really easy on the eyes).  If these exotic colors were just rarer, it'd be just fine.  Though, personally, I'd be fine with anything that lets me get a scarlet red Kubrow.

This guy posted some awesome colors he happen to bug out..( Credit to Azureorak) Here is the thread:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/269171-kubrow-paint-jobs-bug/#entry3118430

3c05b1cf14.jpg

This dark body but bright white stripes are just freaking awesome.. Id be happy to make kubrows being that bright

a5711954f6.jpg

This red and dark brown? Freaking awesome too!

Have the ability to buy fur patterns from the market and from there, just customize certain sections of fur with both selective Bright and Dark Colors.

Why not?

For us not to have the option to do this? is just sad :(

Edited by Magnagar

Yeah, my blue kubrow with a symbol on his head is much more realistic!

Look at that!! That's freaking amazing! yellow on dark blue!

Explain to me how allowing us to use color pallets wouldn't give us our "unique" personal characteristic on our Kubrows? Its not anybodies but mine. I claim it and no one else. Making it special to us. DE doesn't want this, they want us to "scramble" the patterns and somehow throw In some random color combo that's completely out of our control.

That's a terrible idea if we want our pet to be how we want him or her to be.

Yes slapping paint on.

In the real world(not that I would do it) but some people do end up hair dying their pets coat. I've seen it done before, I dont totally agree with it since its seem somewhat of an animal cruelty, but in this futuristic world where we manipulate genetics, we should be able to do what we want since it is a game after all.

Edited by Magnagar