The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Haz Wall Run Back?

Easymac

I missed the infinite wall run. It helped get to several locations, slowly but surely.
Please add it back D:
It can't be that detrimental to ruining game play to have to fix it.
And its fun to mess around with.
No harm in keeping it.
Pretty please? :3

I missed the infinite wall run. It helped get to several locations, slowly but surely.

Please add it back D:

It can't be that detrimental to ruining game play to have to fix it.

And its fun to mess around with.

No harm in keeping it.

Pretty please? :3

Plus, if we have the stamina, shouldn't we be allowed to actually parkour? It was great utility and awesome to use in all situations. 

DE please don't read this :P

Hold forward and jump to wallrun, at the top of the wallrun let go forward (this will make you fall down) then repress jump and forward, repeat = infinite wallrun.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

DE please don't read this :P

Hold forward and jump to wallrun, at the top of the wallrun let go forward (this will make you fall down) then repress jump and forward, repeat = infinite wallrun.

Enjoy while it lasts. This is already being fixed as we speak. ;)

Edited by Killerkarpfen

wow you guys are... Threatening to not pay any money for fixing exploits.

Yup I'm very saddened to see all my favorite aspect of the game removed or nerfed all the time, parkour and huge wall vaulting is the only thing keeping me playing after 1200 hours, I can't go on like this, it might not have been intended but neither is vaulting and that is the best thing ever, its been there for a year afterall Its WARframe not walkframe... I predict that next month wallrunning and coptering will be gone for good (not intended).

Wallrunning is in place as intended and designed (some bugs here and there still being squashed). All we did was fix an exploit that was never intended to be in the game.

Well then remove coptering as well. Also been an exploit that's never been intended to be in the game. See how much people would like that. Instead it got implemented as regular feature and even buffed since Melee 2.0. Now you fly through an entire room with a single button smash. It's still an exploit to get around the stamina system because I literally never run out of stamina and could copter as long as I want to. Rush/Marathon mods? Meh.

It's literally a precedent. There's no way to argue about the wallrunning thing to be an exploit while adding another one that's similar, if not even worse in "exploiting" as a permanent feature. Either have both or none of them. Both of the so called exploits are in the game for an eternity anyways... the Coptering is there as long as I can remember and the Wallrun glitches are there since 9 months and came with the Gas City tileset.

Edited by MeduSalem

Well then remove coptering as well. Also been an exploit that's never been intended to be in the game. See how much people would like that. Instead it got implemented as regular feature and even buffed since Melee 2.0. It's still an exploit to get around the stamina system because I literally never run out of stamina and could copter as long as I want to.

Yes, just as the wallrun slingshot was a bug turned feature because it was cool and not game breaking per se (its current absence is a bug as we already stated). Infinite wallruns up out of level bounds is game breaking and it has no positive gameplay impact. Hence its removal.

Yup I'm very saddened to see all my favorite aspect of the game removed or nerfed all the time, parkour and huge wall vaulting is the only thing keeping me playing after 1200 hours, I can't go on like this, it might not have been intended but neither is vaulting and that is the best thing ever, its been there for a year afterall Its WARframe not walkframe... I predict that next month wallrunning and coptering will be gone for good (not intended).

that's a @(*()$ exploit. Exploits =/= parkour. Parkour should be worked on but exploits should be crushed forever.

You should be happy they let zorencoptering be as it is even though it was obviously an exploit. Not the regular slide attacks, I am talking about supersonic slingshots into the void whenever you swing your copter, ichors or bo (even closer to speed of light when with volt). They are exploits because they are more useful than other ways of travel that were meant to be used for travel (including regular parkour), like zephyr, volt abilities, wormhole and so on.

Edited by Aure7

Wallrunning is in place as intended and designed (some bugs here and there still being squashed). All we did was fix an exploit that was never intended to be in the game.

Terrible decision, honestly, sorry.  As others have said, 'coptering was never 'supposed' to be in the game, but is now an accepted part of the game.  Infinite wall-run is exactly the same.  Removing it isn't going to make me get up walls 'the way it was originally intended', it's going to make me not bother, since I have a lot of difficulty doing it that way with a controller.

Enjoy while it lasts. This is already being fixed as we speak. ;)

Oh good, for a second people were almost having fun again.

Yes, just as the wallrun slingshot was a bug turned feature because it was cool and not game breaking per se (its current absence is a bug as we already stated). Infinite wallruns up out of level bounds is game breaking and it has no positive gameplay impact. Hence its removal.

I can understand that (thx for chatting with us btw) too bad you cant fix the bounderies instead of removing the wallrun thingy. Keep up the good work anyways.