Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swirling Tiger + Winding Claws Causing All Status Procs Megathread

RElNHART

Swirling Tiger works as intended, it's the weapon which lacks "something" so it just takes all statusses.

I think it should work on the Dual Skana as well, since there is no known effect to them.

Swirling Tiger and Dual Heatswords are still be best to use in tandem.

Come to think of it, didn't paid much attention. I wonder if it also omni-procs during the Wall of Fire.

Ah wait. Come to think of it why this works.

Statuseffects are probably numbers, like

1 = Cut

2 = Puncture

4 = Impact

8 = Fire

and so on.

In binary representation, it should look like this: 00000001 = Cut proc, 00000010 = Puncture proc.

These can be combined: 00000011 = Cut and Puncture proc but does rarely happen.

This is used instead as a display below the enemy name to notice us of all procs the enemy inherits.

But:

If the code checks for a special ability of the weapon but it returns -1 (used as an error value sometimes),

which is 255 (8-bit) or 65535 (16-bit)

255 in binary is: 11111111

65535 in binary: 1111111111111111

Consider the learned stuff above in... and you understand what is happening here.

In other words:

Omni-proc causes all possible statusses of the game at once, since some code misinterprets -1 as 255.

Lets try out all weapons :D

Edited by NoSpax

Swirling Tiger also do hit very fast, so it is my preferred stance on any fast Dual-Wield Sword with proper channeling.

The omni-proc makes it even more appealing, even if it is a simple "signed / unsigned" glitch somewhere in the code.

Since it doesn't make huge damage (judged by your screenshots) except proccing all effects, it is not exploitable nor gamebreaking.

You might even just kill the enemy just before Omni-proc is able to do its effects at all, so it is just confusing.

(Thats why this topic exists in the first place, it felt "off" of normal gameplay)

If this gets fixed (in the wrong way), Swirling Tiger may lose its 100% proc capability, which is the first stance nerf, I guess. :(

(Which would in turn - after reading this topic - make Swirling Tiger unappealing, depending of why you want to use it)

Swirling Tiger without Omni-Proc? Nope. This is how we roll since U14, lol!

Edited by NoSpax

This has been happening to me to, it's a confirmed bug as of U14. Writing this from my phone so I can't post any pics. "As of U14, Winding Claws's last attack has a 100% chance to inflict all known procs at once.

More information in the Forums Swirling Tiger + Winding Claws Causing All Status Procs Megathread" - warframe wikia of swirling tiger in bugs section.

SOOOooo I was messing around yesterday with my beloved Dual Zoren, and I was noticing I was proc'ing EVERYTHING at once. This confused me at first, but then I just meh'd and moved on.

I just decided to try again, this time with the Dual Kamas as a control group to see if it was Swirling Tiger, or the Zoren doing the Proc'ing, and lo and behold, THIS happened!

4cvgCCZ.jpg

A slight enlargement for clarification:

5HCpauj.jpg

rofl. I have become Marlboro.

Fhw1l2x.jpg

I died laughing. RIP

• 2 weeks later...

So it works on all weapons where "Swirling Tiger" can be equipped.

It's not the weapon, it's the stance.

Accepted.

Something in the stance's code misinterprets a -1 (error code) as 255,

causing all status effects in a single variable instead of none.

This is probably the most logic explaination.

Has this been fixed yet? If not, this is intended.

AFAIK, this is not intended.

Sending these reports off to the appropriate people. Thanks for reporting! 

Can we have special stances that guarantee specific effect procs? Or maybe specific weapons on specific combos procing their own unique status effects? Seems like a pretty cool design produced in a bug.

Edited by matrixEXO

AFAIK, this is not intended.

Sending these reports off to the appropriate people. Thanks for reporting!

Please do not fix this. This is actually really cool, and I don't think it is a problem at all. I'm pretty sure no one here wants it fixed.

Can we have special stances that guarantee specific effect procs? Or maybe specific weapons on specific combos procing their own unique status effects? Seems like a pretty cool design produced in a bug.

Apologies for the double post but....

There are actually a few things out there like this. For example, one of iron Phoenix's "taking flight" combo has a last hit that has special effects for the heat sword, dark sword and plasma sword (100% heat, toxic, and electricity proc, respectively). It works best on the heat sword though. It make a graphic explosion of flames when you do it.

Actually that's the only one I know of. Hopefully there is/will be more.

Edited by RyanGo