Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Genders. Why Should They Change?

chaosbleeds91

Am I the only person who thinks that the option to change a Warframe's gender is really stupid and can possibly be sexist?

inb4 "Yes, you are."

No, I don't want a male Valkyr, or Ember. I think they are badass bee-oches right now as is. How long would it be before someone uses a female Rhino and is put down because of it? (considering Rhino is the perhaps the manliest frame of the bunch). What's wrong with having certain frames being male and others female? I get it's one more added customizable feature but why is it such a must that everyone is flipping tables over?

I had a friend that wouldn't play any of the female frames just because they were chicks. Does that seem fair? The way I see it, if that's the type of person you want to be, then you shouldn't deserve to play those frames. Valkyr is one of my favorites and I like her how she is. Why wouldn't you?

I'm actually really curious for a legit arugment for sex changes, because right now, I just can't understand it. It would be interesting for someone to try to sway me on this.

Edited by chaosbleeds91

Sexist? Nah. Everyone has their own preference as to what Sex a frame should be.

Like I personally think ember would've been just fine as a male and that Ash as a female isn't that appealing.

Also, I prefer to play as a male. Does that mean I don't deserve to play as the female? No. It just means I feel a bit more comfortable playing as a male character rather than a female.

Edited by TheErebus

Am I the only person who thinks that the option to change a Warframe's gender is really stupid and can possibly be sexist?

inb4 "Yes, you are."

No, I don't want a male Valkyr, or Ember. I think they are badass bee-oches right now as is. How long would it be before someone uses a female Rhino and is put down because of it? (considering Rhino is the perhaps the manliest frame of the bunch). What's wrong with having certain frames being male and others female? I get it's one more added customizable feature but why is it such a must that everyone is flipping tables over?

I had a friend that wouldn't play any of the female frames just because they were chicks. Does that seem fair? The way I see it, if that's the type of person you want to be, then you shouldn't deserve to play those frames. Valkyr is one of my favorites and I like her how she is. Why wouldn't you?

I'm actually really curious for a legit arugment for sex changes, because right now, I just can't understand it. It would be interesting for someone to try to sway me on this.

The fact that you think it's sexist means you're an idiot.

Having both genders for each frame is the exact opposite of sexist.

YEaaah no. The majority of them look very ugly and I wouldn't use any of them

Besides…if you make my ash a female, I'll rip your throat out.

As an Ash main, Ash would be the only one i'd be okay with getting turned into a female.

I mean, he WAS meant to be female originally!

Ash_Female_Concept.png

I'm a guy, I like to play guy characters. I'm big on roleplay, so it helps with the immersion; despite this game not really allowing roleplay, I still play it. 

I don't play any of the female frames. I just can't get into the character. I don't even play with any frames that I feel are just too ugly. I didn't even touch Loki until Loki Prime (he's now my most used Frame). 

With that being said, I'm not for or against the idea. It gets implemented? Awesome, more frames for me to play. It doesn't? Oh ok. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Edited by Rexlars

As an Ash main, Ash would be the only one i'd be okay with getting turned into a female.

I mean, he WAS meant to be female originally!

Ash_Female_Concept.png

Yes but as I've said. It's down to personal preference. I prefer ash as a male, not as a female.

Sexist? Nah. Everyone has their own preference as to what Sex a frame should be.

Like I personally think ember would've been just fine as a male and that Ash as a female isn't that appealing.

Also, I prefer to play as a male. Does that mean I don't deserve to play as the female? No. It just means I feel a bit more comfortable playing as a male character rather than a female.

Says the person with the mirage avatar.

Should there be male/female version for each frame, no. Does there need to be one, no.

There is nothing wrong with being given a good option horde of frames both male and female. Each unique, no counterpart. The problem is people whine about it. I want my cake AND to eat it too. 

Now if on the off chance they ever implemented this like they were originally thinking. I expect little to no re-design for the frame. If I want to play a female Frost for example. She'd better not be in a tight body suit colored like his overcoat. I expect her to have his costume, just tailored a bit more for properly for a female. As for the guys, I don't expect them to have more weird body coverings in the counterpart to the female costumes. Just suited properly for a male (kind of like Excalibur/Nyx being counterparts for the most part. Very little difference in design). Their stats/movement also had better be exactly the same. Else, just no. a male/female THEMED the same. Yeah, okay. I can see that being working better.

We've got a great variety of frames, as to which with money, or patience/farming/time can get a hold of and play all we want. So it's good now.

Had this happen in a video game I used to play. People complained so vocally about male/female they implemented it into a game in the series. It broke the mechanics of the rest of the game, just to appease a few who couldn't suspend their belief and just have fun. So yeah, I always associate it with bad Mamba Jamba.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Says the person with the mirage avatar.

I like her appearance. It's cool. Doesn't mean I hate her and would never play as her.

What are you trying to say?

All I've seen is the down syndrome reply of "So".

I guess Grand Masters only have money and no brains.

Seems like you have a grudge against grandmasters.

I don't see what points you are trying to make.

Yes I know ash was a female.

Yes I know ember was a male.

I prefer ember as a male, and I prefer ash as a male.

What point are you trying to make?