Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

Before they didn't have real red, for example. It looked more like cherry than red because too bright. Now they reversed the problem, everything too dark and you can't differentiate between brown, dark blue and black itself.

I've already proven what's wrong with the colors. The problem is that there was no problem with the current colors. It's one thing to say that the game doesn't currently have a real red, and needs a real red added to the game. It's another thing to change the way all colors look just to get a real red. These colors are darker and oversaturated. If they wanted oversaturated colors, they should have just introduced a new color pack.

Before they didn't have real red, for example. It looked more like cherry than red because too bright. Now they reversed the problem, everything too dark and you can't differentiate between brown, dark blue and black itself.

Halloween palette had the best red. Valentine, 4th of July, and the France one also had REAL red.

Edited by DarkD3filer

Thank you. They applied a blanket change to all colors when only a few colors weren't showing right. I don't think there was any bug with the majority of the colors, only with the Kubrows (the reason all of them appeared white). I've submitted a ticket because the color are seriously way too dark. As I've been trying to explain to people, and the same as you've said, the colors now don't match the ones in the palettes. Yes, anyone who doesn't recognize this needs to get their eyes checked.

Errr.. quite awkward and ironic, since I was stating the opposite.

I've already proven what's wrong with the colors. The problem is that there was no problem with the current colors. It's one thing to say that the game doesn't currently have a real red, and needs a real red added to the game. It's another thing to change the way all colors look just to get a real red. These colors are darker and oversaturated. If they wanted oversaturated colors, they should have just introduced a new color pack.

Completely agreed, old colours should remain because people very sensitive when it comes to they individuality and colours of their avatars in game is a part of it. I bet now everyone feels like someone mess their room or something. It is not that hard to add new "right" colors without touching old ones, that is why I call completely shifting all existing colours awful decision.

Completely agreed, old colours should remain because people very sensitive when it comes to they individuality and colours of their avatars in game is a part of it. I bet now everyone feels like someone mess their room or something. It is not that hard to add new "right" colors without touching old ones, that is why I call completely shifting all existing colours awful decision.

But the colors aren't right. They were probably wrong all along, in order to compensate for the bug. But they didn't fix the colors, only the bug.

Looks like this also fixed the alt helmet colors being off?

And I'm baffled by the amount of people complaining. Sure, i'll have to go over all of my frames, but the colors look so much better now, with more variety and depth.

Default colors from here on until I get my normal, beautiful colors back. If this was a bug they should've fixed it LONG ago, not after everyone has grown to love them.

It was a bug, but the colors obviously were changed to compensate for that bug. The colors should actually look like the selections in the packs.

@Nainsidh, the colors look wrong though. That's the issue. They don't look right.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I'm sorry, but you didn't fix anything with this. If anything you just broke it, there was nothing to fix to be honest. Colors sure don't look like they do on the menu now. It might have been the case before as well, but now it's worse. Each and every of the darkest colors, from any palette, looks absolutely the same now. All of them are just black pretty much. Pretty much all of my equipment now looks awful and frankly I can't be bothered to find the correct colors for everything again, therefore I don't really feel like playing this anymore. The free color pack doesn't solve that much of the problem. We still need to change all colors again and it's only a solution to the default color palettes. What about all the other palettes that simply look way too colorful now and there's no way to get back the colors we used to love?! Whatever...

Looks like this also fixed the alt helmet colors being off?

And I'm baffled by the amount of people complaining. Sure, i'll have to go over all of my frames, but the colors look so much better now, with more variety and depth.

No they didn't. My Tenno Palette says otherwise.

What about the dark colors that were condemned because of this? I no longer have the nice purple and blues from the tenno color that i loved with how saturated and dark they were. Or perhaps i am misunderstanding some information. A color set attributed to dark colors would be cool to buy someday too! Not to be a hat of the unwanted kind in the midst of all this.

Thx for the fix steve, made my frames more vibrant and alive in colors even with subtle (almost white) color. The most gold like color has been shifted to saturated classic, and smoke colors now offer darker grey colors. Dont use the tenno pack so cant really complain.

EDIT: ALSO MOST IMPORTATNT, they no longer looks like they are made from paper

Edited by Adaptor-Face