Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Or Sentinel?

James-1

Question

18 answers to this question

i have endless fun watching my Sahcha.Kubrow   eat grineers alive

i mean... its orgasmik

also , i can deny the rage , when some grineers finaly kill it, i go berserk and avenge my loyal companion, forgeting the very mission itself

if yu go for sentinelle i sugest helios.. its like a Flying Kubrow :3

Edited by Tsoe

Sentinels are much more efficient, but I kinda like Kubrows just for fun.

In terms of what? utility... maybe, vacuum is great, but now, that is pretty much all that sentinels have over kubrows now...

In terms of combat, tell me, can a sentinel kill 2 of the grustrag 3 guys and then just rip apart every other enemy that's left standing?

Edited by double0gamer

Sentinels are better at ranged combat, with numerous weapons to use with elemental damage. However, their regen mod is a bit lackluster.

Kubrows, with pack leader mod, are much more durable since you can regenerate their health with melee strikes. Their health and shield links are a bit odd to work with because low stats on a frame (Loki, Mirage, etc.) will mean lower stats on your Kubrow. Also, they are melee only, and you can ony change their crit chance and damage. I've personally been having a lot of trouble getting their AI to comply too. They won't attack unless I attack, even when everyone is shooting at us. Sometimes my Kubrow has just sat right next to a grineer shooting at us and it would do nothing.

Edited by R34LM

Honestly, I'd go for the sentinel now I have a kubrow... it's so hard to keep (when you are poor like me), you have to farm mods to make it stand a chance in game and it'll cost you 100k credits at regular times.

Personally pref my kubrow, my sahasa digs stuff for me, is a killing machine and if she falls, i can revive her...

Sentinels are easy to loose in a grineer fight (OS by high lvl napalms) but they have an adventage ; they can shoot flying targets that the kubrow can't reach.

In terms of what? utility... maybe, vacuum is great, but now, that is pretty much all that sentinels have over kubrows now...

In terms of combat, tell me, can a sentinel kill 2 of the grustrag 3 guys and then just rip apart every other enemy that's left standing?

>Vacuum

>Won't get stuck in level geometry as often

>Won't circle around enemy forever

>Can shoot bullets

>Oh that guy who's running up behind you? Your Sentinel just shot him.

As for your question, a Sentinel can do better; it can shoot them.

I've seen a dog shot by a .270 WCF.

It probably was painful, but it sure as hell was fatal.

This is one of those things that is personal preference. Sentinels are certainly less trouble and the Carrier is hard to beat for pure utility. Kubrows are more interesting to play with, but require a LOT more time and upkeep.

Depends what you want.

its a hard question with the right mods the kubrow has way better survival rates and get a good damage, but they will only battle in melee so they cant touch flying units and while you can put guardian to any sentinel to get better survival rates for yourself only one kubrow can use a similar ability and none has a sacrifice replacement, and kubrows are more permanent companions cuz you need 3 hours to switch.

for comparisons

huras - shade

both cloak you and huras has a better attack since hes got area damage and shade only attacks after youre attacked

raksa - dethcube / wyrm

have a short range stun attack, raksa also gets protect which makes it the only kubrow to emulate the guardian sentinel behavior

sunikais perhaps the most battle oriented kubrow, he can pin down bosses,leaders and targets and has a finisher mod, theres no sentinel like that as far as i know perhaps a modified version of what a djin would do

sahasa has the unique mod dig which lets him get items where theres no other way to find them but im not sure if any kubrow can fetch items for you like a carrier vacuum

Edited by Edgedemon

Guardian, Coolant Leak, and Sanctuary are all far better utility than the Kubrow's offer. Raksa isn't bad with his decent shield restore and Howl, but the fear mechanic can be annoying when it's not needed.

Sentiles are really helpfull with helping the tenno with shields and other players and with loot drops(Guardian mod and spare parts, and also can slow nearby targets with coolant leak mod) But Kubrows do lots of dmg, are revivable, and can dig up loot, open unopenable loot lockers, can find hidden enemies and can tackel VIP targets etc, which is really helpfull. decreases the amount of bullets being fired at you, plus the kubrow is fast and dodges the line of fire.

Edited by Darealslenderman