Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Change Mirage.

XenO-O

As mirage is now she is a very high damage frame with some utility and survivability. I have a feeling that she may be "nerfed" or "fixed" as most frames do. My primary concern is about Mirage's hall of mirrors. At the moment it has some really weird traits:

it amplifies damage- okay cool

it causes enemies to occasionally shoot at a clone instead of you- cool there's some survivability, and a great way to get behind shield lancers.

gives weapons the possibility to "red crit" with under 100% crit chance- wow, now that is a little crazy. I believe this happens when you and one or more of your clones hit a regular crit, and then the results are added together the game thinks its a "double/red crit".

uses your mods multiple times instead of multiplying their effect- O.o this one might take some explaining. If you use an electric+poison+heat build normally you would get corrosive+heat, but with hall of mirrors it uses your mods again, so now you have an electir+poison+heat+electir+poison+heat... ect. resulting in some new elements to pop up. Now your basic void build would have corrosive+radiation+poison.  I think the heat mods all fuse together for some reason (don't fully understand it) but it results in having mostly radiation damage with a bit of corrosive and poison.

Anyways to sum this all up, I think that the amount of thought that needs to be done when modding and using Mirage's Hall of Mirrors is enough to compensate for the utility and damage that this skill provides us with.

Edited by XenO-O

Its interesting that we anticipate that something that is strong or fun will be nerfed. As soon as a frame feels as easy to play as Rhino there is a probability it will get nerfed.

Nova is dead - I will never forget. ( MHO )

Edited by AdFinitum

yeah i tried doing damage with no mods

they do radiation damage

anyway i think mirage is perfect the way she is after the hall of mirrors hotfix

though it takes time for newbie players to get her....once they do they are allowed to use a frame that helps them keep up with some of the stronger players.....in terms of her usage and her abilities i mean

i think she is an extremely newbie friendly frame ( as long as they are able to hitch a taxi for certain mission nodes...though i prefer they unlock those nodes themselves )

i havent had this much fun with a warframe since nova first came out....i havent had this much fun in warframe since nova first came out.....

i do request that they fix many visual and animation issues regarding mirage though

Edited by sekushiiandee

She ll' eventually be fixed, but not nerfed. Don't worry.

I think she's already a really strong frame even without the red crits thingy, but she's shquishier than Nova. I guess it's balanced. She may be good at high level missions. In my opinion minus the two or three bugs she's perfect.

She ll' eventually be fixed, but not nerfed. Don't worry.

I think she's already a really strong frame even without the red crits thingy, but she's shquishier than Nova. I guess it's balanced. She may be good at high level missions. In my opinion minus the two or three bugs she's perfect.

i think youre the only moderator that i like right now.....

As mirage is now she is a very high damage frame with some utility and survivability. I have a feeling that she may be "nerfed" or "fixed" as most frames do. My primary concern is about Mirage's hall of mirrors. At the moment it has some really weird traits:

it amplifies damage- okay cool

it causes enemies to occasionally shoot at a clone instead of you- cool there's some survivability, and a great way to get behind shield lancers.

gives weapons the possibility to "red crit" with under 100% crit chance- wow, now that is a little crazy. I believe this happens when you and one or more of your clones hit a regular crit, and then the results are added together the game thinks its a "double/red crit".

uses your mods multiple times instead of multiplying their effect- O.o this one might take some explaining. If you use an electric+poison+heat build normally you would get corrosive+heat, but with hall of mirrors it uses your mods again, so now you have an electir+poison+heat+electir+poison+heat... ect. resulting in some new elements to pop up. Now your basic void build would have corrosive+radiation+poison.  I think the heat mods all fuse together for some reason (don't fully understand it) but it results in having mostly radiation damage with a bit of corrosive and poison.

Anyways to sum this all up, I think that the amount of thought that needs to be done when modding and using Mirage's Hall of Mirrors is enough to compensate for the utility and damage that this skill provides us with.

Balance is adjusted according to an option's max case.  Having to work to earn something overpowered doesn't stop it from being overpowered.

Its interesting that we anticipate that something that is strong or fun will be nerfed. As soon as a frame feels as easy to play as Rhino there is a probability it will get nerfed.

Nova is dead - I will never forget. ( MHO )

Nova is still ridiculously powerful, arguably more so.