Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rwby

FrostWolf

Huh.

Then what I read from the local wiki before was wrong (I read Ruby's Aura, from the wiki about 2 months ago, was said to be the Roses around her, but they do came out almost out of nowhere in her trailer, which does spur me some speculation).

Darn those outdated misinformation. >:l

Well, its not entirely clear on the relation of semblances and Aura, but semblances seem to be a more personalized subset of Aura. In that way, technically yes, the roses are from her Aura, but specifically from the use of her unique ability. The presence of the petals indicates the use of her semblance, but the absence thereof says nothing about aura usage in general.

What you read was almost certainly from the initial introductions of aura and semblances--there was a lot of unreliable information on the wiki for a bit, as overzealous speculators presented their theories as fact. The two do seem to be related, but how deep that connection goes has yet to be explored.

Edited by Siubijeni

The storyline has not yet determined if what was really her aura to begin with? If you're still on the topic of the rose petals, those are confirmed to be from her semblance, a visual side-effect similar to the color-change of Yang's eyes when she goes super-sayan. The only mystery is, like I said before, how deep the connection between semblances and Aura goes. Even that is probably not a very significant worry.

To elaborate on that, the semblances are clearly in some way connected to the Aura, because they don't manifest in Grimm and only those trained in the use of Aura really seem to understand or utilize semblances (evidence: Jaune and the detectives shown in the Vytal Festival episodes; everyone has an aura, and probably a semblance, or the potential for one. But your average joe doesn't have the sort of moves/training these students do). But different people have different strengths of Aura--Jaune's is noted as remarkably strong. So will he have a more powerful semblance ability, or does that not make a difference? Does the degree of control and training one has with their Aura carry directly over to the semblance, or since the semblance would seem to be a more unique manifestation of their core personality (the innermost workings of their soul), is it more intuitive than that? The only real mystery is a matter of degrees.

Edited by Siubijeni

Personally from a setting standpoint it is interesting that Faunus have Aura and Semblance, which means they certainly aren't Grimm. Which does lead to a question why the humans were trying to force and contain them in the Menagerie region. Not that humans need reasons to be amazingly brutal, its just interesting what the excuse for it was to begin with.

Also, if so "Aura" is used in order to increase the power output of an individual person, do you think it is actually an essence of Dust to begin with? :3

Actually the answer to question is answered right in the first episode. Mankind was made from Dust to fight the Grimm. It easily follows that Aura is the power of Dust in human form. Which brings up an even more interesting question about Penny. Its still confused if she had a magic backpack or if that was some kind of hatch.

If Penny isn't Human or Faunus does she have an Aura? If Mankind can be made from Dust can other sentient or non-sentient things be made from it? So far only humans and Faunus have appeared and seem to be most common, but what about other things? Perhaps Faunus are the result of ages past tinkering with Dust and its creative nature.

Edited by Brasten

Personally from a setting standpoint it is interesting that Faunus have Aura and Semblance, which means they certainly aren't Grimm. Which does lead to a question why the humans were trying to force and contain them in the Menagerie region. Not that humans need reasons to be amazingly brutal, its just interesting what the excuse for it was to begin with.

Racism.

Racism.

I did say humans don't need reasons to hate each other. The 'story' is in the details. The excuses given that are telling about the mindset of a society. Why Menagerie specifically? Why containment and not extermination or enslavement?

Edited by Brasten

Brasten, it's not the same dust. Mankind was made from lower-case dust, the dust of the earth (maybe a biblical reference?). I don't know if it's literal or not. The intro states that the power humanity discovered to fight the Grimm was named after this fact ("this power was appropriately named Dust"). So Aura is not the power of dust in human form--as Pyrrha states, it is a manifestation of their spirit, their soul. The two are most likely completely unrelated.

Edited by Siubijeni

I wonder if Warframe has a dust-thrower that comes with completely different effects than the Damage 2.0 effects. Firing at a distance of 15 meters, almost Ignis range.

For example:

(1) Installing Fire mods will allow Pyrotechnic explosions instead of actual flames bursting out.

(2) Freeze mods will turn thrower into an Icicle shower, dealing tiny spikes instead of actual flames, comparing Ignis.

I don't know much of the rest. :3

Btw Sixty what would you think about Huge long bow able to morph in to a colossal two handed sword able to be split two swords.

And how about fusion of Polearm and sword when morphed it comes high fire rate and large magazine semi and/or automatic fire shotgun.

Edited by Revel72

Btw Sixty what would you think about Huge long bow able to morph in to a colossal two handed sword able to be split two swords.

And how about fusion of Polearm and sword when morphed it comes high fire rate and large magazine semi and/or automatic fire shotgun.

No

Why would a butterfly knife be not welcome to RWBY if every weapon actually that has the ability to transform originated from said weapon. :3

Cause they didn't originate from said weapon. It's a knife. A dinky little knife, that the handles can swing shut around. That's arguably not a transforming weapon, seeing as the 'stored form' is neither a weapon nor very useful in combat.

I'm not Sixty, but it sounds interesting. I'm just not sure how well it would work out. A sword of that size would probably better come from a Yumi than a European Longbow, but even then you have some real mass issues getting a very big sword out of any bow.

What exactly do you mean by a fusion of a polearm and a sword? Like a polearm with a sword on the end? A sword-staff?

Cause they didn't originate from said weapon. It's a knife. A dinky little knife, that the handles can swing shut around. That's arguably not a transforming weapon, seeing as the 'stored form' is neither a weapon nor very useful in combat.

Nada, the Balisong is great for self-defense, since it is concealed in a tight place. Just like Ruby's Crescent Rose for example. :3

I guess it could work...

Actually yeah I can see how I'd do it.

To clarify, I'd split it vertically at the pommel, so the handle stays as a handle. The length would be tricky since the bow will basically be twice the swords length, possibly have a collapseable section in the middle.

If I wasn't on my Phone id get a pic of how I'd imagine it.

Ruby Rose is my waifu now.

And I'm a girl.

And I don't care.

Maybe because I can relate to her.

So I'm guessing you are now running a red and black mag with Hate equipped?

If not you will be now ;D

Edited by Sixty5

So I'm guessing you are now running a red and black mag with Hate equipped?

If not you will be now ;D

I have a Nova with a color scheme in red, running circles around Grineer with Hate (Scythe), while carrying Aklex (Sniper) and a Strun (Gun)...

23u3no4.jpg

Yeah, too much. :l

Also, Merry Christmas. :3

Edited by Freelancer27

Bah, if only the Stalker would drop it. Though I could settle for the Kama. My Mag's colors had been black and red long before I discovered RWBY. Plus her energy is red and from what I can remember I have the Asa Syandana equipped on her. Maybe that's another reason why I fell in love with Ruby. I'm a huge dork for those colors. xD

Poor you. I have spare Bps for all his weaps.

Just coz I sold the dread and it might become appealing to me in future.