Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Most Charitable Thing You Have Seen/done In Warframe?

Mirriky

Please do not derail. Bragging can be pinned to anything, even if you are saying something like "I got a [drink] at that store, it's really good". Your perception of what may be bragging may not actually be bragging. It isn't encouraging for you to brag, it's encouraging you to post about charitable things.

For truth.

Your (Plasma's) attitude can be described as a "holier than thou" attitude.

Please do not derail. Bragging can be pinned to anything, even if you are saying something like "I got a [drink] at that store, it's really good". Your perception of what may be bragging may not actually be bragging. It isn't encouraging for you to brag, it's encouraging you to post about charitable things.

Yep, bragging would be if i was going to look for my thread to post it here. Most of people are just saying what they did because OP asked what they did, and he is getting an answer.

If someone started a thread about doing this for charity to show off his goodwill, i would call that bragging. People in this thread? Commenting on their good deeds.

For truth.

Your (Plasma's) attitude can be described as a "holier than thou" attitude.

If I had a holier than thou attitude I'd be bragging about every little thing I've done. I don't think you know what that means. 

I just don't like threads that encourage bragging. 

Edited by Plasmaface

If you want me to post, I'l post. I just don't feel comfortable talking about how much I've given away. It feels scummy in a way. 

On multiple occassions I've given away significant sums of my plat to other players so they could buy things like the stalker pack.

There. Happy now? 

It still doesn't feel right to flaunt things like this.

Edited by Plasmaface

When I was still a newb. I was playing a defence, because I heard if you stay longer you get better rewards. After 10 or so waves two others left and it was me and this other excalibur who was a few MR's higher and had good gear was left. Around wave 13 I began to get swarmed pretty hard. I got knocked down eventually, and this excal, from across the entire map, dashed and sprinted his was towards me, just to revive me. But the instant I got back up the core got destroyed. And he quickly said "we fail together comrade".

And since then I've never left a Tenno behind.

When I was still a newb. I was playing a defence, because I heard if you stay longer you get better rewards. After 10 or so waves two others left and it was me and this other excalibur who was a few MR's higher and had good gear was left. Around wave 13 I began to get swarmed pretty hard. I got knocked down eventually, and this excal, from across the entire map, dashed and sprinted his was towards me, just to revive me. But the instant I got back up the core got destroyed. And he quickly said "we fail together comrade".

And since then I've never left a Tenno behind.

That was heartwarming. ;~;

If you want me to post, I'l post. I just don't feel comfortable talking about how much I've given away. It feels scummy in a way. 

On multiple occassions I've given away significant sums of my plat to other players so they could buy things like the stalker pack.

There. Happy now? 

It still doesn't feel right to flaunt things like this.

I didn't say you had to post about your oown experiences if you feel uncomfortable, just that it was encouraging the posting of nice deeds and not bragging. 

Still, the Stalker pack I thought almost no one bought. I'm surprised you'd be able to find more than one person that would.

I didn't say you had to post about your oown experiences if you feel uncomfortable, just that it was encouraging the posting of nice deeds and not bragging. 

Still, the Stalker pack I thought almost no one bought. I'm surprised you'd be able to find more than one person that would.

Then perhaps we've both misunderstood each other. Oh well, we are human and are bound to make mistakes. 

And when it comes to the stalker pack, yeah most people don't buy it because it's so expensive and you're really only geting 3 weapons. Not a lot of value for the money there. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Some stranger was raging on Region chat about losing his Boltor Prime receiver due to mission data not being saved. He was farming for it for a long time, but to no avail and I told him that I would give it to him for free.

I don't remember who he was, but I'm sure he is happy with a Boltor Prime now.

I'm not going to brag about things I've done for people. That invalidates the etire point of being nice and doing favors without expecting a return.

This thread doesn't need to exist. It just encourages bragging. 

If you want to talk about things you've seen other people do, I fully support that. but self-praise is just sad and pointless. 

Great, now I feel bad for answering the question OP asked.

Great, now I feel bad for answering the question OP asked.

Don't feel bad. 

Imo, it's nice to see people helping out others or their experiences of being helped by someone else. 

I don't really hear or see it happening all too often only things I hear about are bad experiences with people. 

Don't feel bad. 

Imo, it's nice to see people helping out others or their experiences of being helped by someone else. 

I don't really hear or see it happening all too often only things I hear about are bad experiences with people. 

I would have bet that among Warframe community there is 2 decent players for every bad one. But vocal majority often tends to complain, and decent people just play the game and do things.

Don't feel bad. 

Yeah, people tend to be very vocal about bad experiences. Especially when a buggy new update launches. 

Most charitable thing I've done, in Warframe, so far, is STAY at the terminal on Mob D. Then when the hallway Hero's die half a map away, I watch them bleed out, all the while screaming in chat for a Rez. Then I explain to them about staying near the point so we all get XP AND they wouldn't die... They never listen, yet I continue to try. :)

Most charitable thing I've done, in Warframe, so far, is STAY at the terminal on Mob D. Then when the hallway Hero's die half a map away, I watch them bleed out, all the while screaming in chat for a Rez. Then I explain to them about staying near the point so we all get XP AND they wouldn't die... They never listen, yet I continue to try. :)

That is kind of, for lack of better words, justifiably evil. 

I'm not going to brag about things I've done for people. That invalidates the etire point of being nice and doing favors without expecting a return.

If you want to talk about things you've seen other people do, I fully support that. but self-praise is just sad and pointless. 

I was hoping for more stories about people helping them, andnot them helping others. It's always good to see, but better to recognise it in others.

Then I suppose we should praise bad behavior. You have a twisted concept of morality. See, it doesn't matter if it was from your heart or not, it's that you went out of your way to do it. Hell if everyone was an ego maniac and tried to claim glory for good deeds, wouldn't you want to do more good deeds?

The more we promote and praise good deeds, the less people feel un noticed and turn to bad deeds.

Then I suppose we should praise bad behavior. You have a twisted concept of morality. See, it doesn't matter if it was from your heart or not, it's that you went out of your way to do it. Hell if everyone was an ego maniac and tried to claim glory for good deeds, wouldn't you want to do more good deeds?

The more we promote and praise good deeds, the less people feel un noticed and turn to bad deeds.

A twisted conept of Morality?

I don't think you know what that means. 

You completely missed the point of my post and then proceeded to twist it into something bad. All you did was put words in my mouth. 

A gift given out of kindness has meaning because the person gave it without expecting praise or any other sort of return. They gave it because they wanted to give it. A gift given just to brag about it has no meaning. It turns giving into a contest, not an act of kindness. 

That's not to say that this was the OP's intention or the intention of most of the commentors, but it doesn't change the fact that threads like this have a tendency to encourage bragging.

THAT was the point of my post. A point that you somehow managed to miss entirely. 

Edited by Plasmaface