Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Drain From Normal Infested Attacks

Snoeba11

It's a very poor design in my honest opinion, because it makes melee virtually impossible for focus builds, hell even in general for anyone wanting to try melee, and mods like Rage are now borderline worthless due to needing to be hit in order to gain energy, and in turn ruins a few great builds for frames.

It's honestly annoying and rage educing in a game I usually have loads of fun in. Anyone else agree/have a different side to tell? Because I just can't see the good in making normal infested mobs remove a vital resource so easily in missions just making gun-play more dominant over melee/abilities :L

Perhaps lowering the amount they suck away could make it less annoying?

Crimson Derpish Dakra Prime with Channeling right after coptering into the ancient face still get rid of them in a couple of hits though (single at first few minutes)

And with them dead, all the problems are gone! (until they respawn)

But really, I don't get why people say pure melee against infested used to be fun. Volatile runner wasn't dealing any damage. Mashing E could easily get you over 35 minutes.

Switch teleported from General Discussion.

Indeed, it's a plague for the Melee system. AGAIN.

Maybe deactivate the disruption drain when the melee mode in enabled would be in order.

Saving this thread in my collection for the Hot Topics.

Keep discussing this to give me the opportunity to raise it in the HT process.

Since when did infested normal attacks drain energy?  From what I can remember it was only disruptors that could drain, and even then I pretty much only use rage on my Valkyr since she's the only one I really have that might actually want to lose shields with.  And If anything, the infested come zerg rushing in such large packs that I have a harder time killing and see my health slowly go down and my energy shooting back up.

As for using melee for infested, I do that pretty much all the time, sure the lifesteal mod will help, but usually just mashing E seems to work out just fine, then again the frames I use usually allows me to deter aggro away from me.

Crimson Derpish Dakra Prime with Channeling right after coptering into the ancient face still get rid of them in a couple of hits though (single at first few minutes)

And with them dead, all the problems are gone! (until they respawn)

But really, I don't get why people say pure melee against infested used to be fun. Volatile runner wasn't dealing any damage. Mashing E could easily get you over 35 minutes.

The fun comes from that time wasting aspect afaik, just like kids who burn ants with magnifying glasses

But when the ant has to only bite you once to break your magnifying glass and then be swarmed by his posse, it turns more into a show of "WTF IS HAPPENING?" I assumed it was just Disruptors doing it, but I now get that it's the buffs they all get from ancients, which does make them much more of a priority, but they were still a priority before this with Healers doing what they do best, Toxics just ruining anyone's day who relied on shields or armor, and Disruptors with their infamous energy drain.

Since when did infested normal attacks drain energy?  From what I can remember it was only disruptors that could drain, and even then I pretty much only use rage on my Valkyr since she's the only one I really have that might actually want to lose shields with.  And If anything, the infested come zerg rushing in such large packs that I have a harder time killing and see my health slowly go down and my energy shooting back up.

As for using melee for infested, I do that pretty much all the time, sure the lifesteal mod will help, but usually just mashing E seems to work out just fine, then again the frames I use usually allows me to deter aggro away from me.

This V

Infested Faction Changes:

• All Crawlers move speed has been increased.
  • New animations for Infested Ancient reach attack.
  • Electric Crawler Attack range fixed, now more likely to attack with his lightning.
  • Lobber Crawler has new effects on his lobbed grenade, making it easier to see.
  • Infested Charger move speed increased.
  • Suicide Runners will no longer explode on death if killed by melee. The death explosion causes stagger, and damage scales up with their level.
  • Infested Leapers: Their leaping attack can be parried to nullify the stagger. Leap damage scales with their level.
  • All Ancients can pull targets (Pull can be blocked or dodged).
  • All Ancients - better anticipation of knockdown attack. It can now be parried to nullify damage and the knockdown.
  • Toxic Ancients - Do poison damage and gives all nearby enemies poison damage. Ancient and nearby enemies are resistant to poison and gas damage.
  • Healing Ancients - Links with nearby allies, any damage they take heals the Ancient up to 150% health, and it scales up to reflect having health > 100%. Also reduces damage that nearby allies take.
  • Healing Ancient now has Fossilized health, to be consistent with the other Ancients (was Infested Armour).
  • Leaper infested can dodge.
  • Disruptor Ancients - Aura that reduces radial and power damage taken by nearby allies. Attack damage energy, rather than completely drain it. Attacks of nearby allies have the same effect.

And this is why infested are impossible to fight now.

Edit: Now that Volatile Runners explode when you shoot them, they make defense impossible. Every time you kill them you just watch as the health of the cryo pod drops. Also the ancients rope has some crazy long range and it's basically instant death. Healing Ancients are seriously...wtf. And seriously, make Chargers actually do weak damage as in their description. All this is wtf...

Edited by Octoknightx

the toxics alone were  dangerous - now everything around them does direct hp damage.

And the heavy energy drain. They often wot'n drop nearly enough energy orbs to recover from what they drain.

they needed a buff, I think this new change is what they needed, personally the only issue I have with them is the insane range on their pull, perhaps if it was the same range as their knock back and they could use it a bit more intelligently, as in when they're in the middle of a crowd so as to screw you over, especially when they're toxic ancients, it'd be put to better use and a bit more balanced and less annoying.

In other words, I kind of want OP to cry a bit more by having toxics gang up on him more.

Edited by Dalis918

they needed a buff, I think this new change is what they needed, personally the only issue I have with them is the insane range on their pull, perhaps if it was the same range as their knock back and they could use it a bit more intelligently, as in when they're in the middle of a crowd so as to screw you over, especially when they're toxic ancients, it'd be put to better use and a bit more balanced and less annoying.

^

Also,

>People complain about infested not being challenging and being too easy

>DE Buffs Infested to make them a proper challenge compareable to Grineer and Corpus.

>People complain infested are too tough.

LOGIC!

Seriously though, they aren't that much more of a challenge, I can still hack my way through the hoards with minimal issues - sure, I can't do it mindlessly now, but if you want a mindless game to play, this isn't it.

In other words, I kind of want OP to cry a bit more by having toxics gang up on him more.

Not crying, just voicing my opinion on the change, and I even asked to see the other side of it.

Am I crying for being curious how the community thinks?

^

Also,

>People complain about infested not being challenging and being too easy

>DE Buffs Infested to make them a proper challenge compareable to Grineer and Corpus.

>People complain infested are too tough.

LOGIC!

Seriously though, they aren't that much more of a challenge, I can still hack my way through the hoards with minimal issues - sure, I can't do it mindlessly now, but if you want a mindless game to play, this isn't it.

I would be fine with the fact if the normal mobs got a simple health beef up and damage increase, because their gimmick is swarming, which sucked once a tenno had a well built melee weapon, and their HP melted away, regardless of how many jumped you.

But now they're all mini-Disruptors and Toxics without their tentacle range, but have the numbers. 

I can see why people enjoy it now, though. What with the people who have double digit forma weapons needing something to fight besides the T4 void enemies.

Edited by 5n0-b411

Honestly to solve the problem they need disrupter ancients to spawn  less frequenty. you get 4 or 5 and you are pretty much screwed, and on wave 15+ on xini you'll see 10 or more on the screen easy; and i agree the pull has some insane range...

honestly if they would give us decent consumables it wouldn't matter, but those $&*&*#(%& pod things you drop just don't give enough boost in a game that doesn't really allow you to stand in place.

What?

It's fairly easy to dodge the EMP strikes, just block and use a good melee weapon. Disruptors aren't much of an issue at all in Warframe, just learn how to fight them. Of course if you're using a terrible melee weapon like the skana, you're going to get your &#! handed to you. Which is why you carry something like the Nikana, Ichors, hell even the Venka can drop Disruptors pretty quickly.

I don't understand how "infested are impossible to fight now" or "infested are OP", boo hoo, they're no longer the joke race that everybody farmed off for being incapable of even killing you like the Grineer or Corpus could. Now they're actually a good fight, not the defenseless cattle they used to be.

But if you're having problems, just level up some more. Get the ichors, nikana, soma, dread, penta, etc. I fight infested all the bloody time and never have a problem with them, and that's not when I'm just sitting at the top of the level and dropping frags on top of a defense objective for an hour.

I agree with the consumables, Stick some straps on them. Backpacks for everybody! Perhaps, decrease the spawn rate of repeat ancients in favour of having varied ancients, but if you do that, have somewhat larger masses of chargers/leapers and larger auras? I'm uncertain on the radius of the auras on the ancients.

Also 5n0-b411, sorry for the toxic comment, (double pun) but personally, I find them worse than disruptors, so yeah, get ganged up on by toxics, then see which you favour. ^^

What?

It's fairly easy to dodge the EMP strikes, just block and use a good melee weapon. Disruptors aren't much of an issue at all in Warframe, just learn how to fight them. Of course if you're using a terrible melee weapon like the skana, you're going to get your @$$ handed to you. Which is why you carry something like the Nikana, Ichors, hell even the Venka can drop Disruptors pretty quickly.

I don't understand how "infested are impossible to fight now" or "infested are OP", boo hoo, they're no longer the joke race that everybody farmed off for being incapable of even killing you like the Grineer or Corpus could. Now they're actually a good fight, not the defenseless cattle they used to be.

But if you're having problems, just level up some more. Get the ichors, nikana, soma, dread, penta, etc. I fight infested all the bloody time and never have a problem with them, and that's not when I'm just sitting at the top of the level and dropping frags on top of a defense objective for an hour.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

They still don't get through my Saryn's insane tankiness (edited to remove gloat), but it's annoying when you want to Miasma with 150 energy and 2 seconds later you have 20.

Also, the Ancients use Scorpion's pull leash, funny but stupid - and also, Chargers are the most OP melee unit ever! Forget their description and be scared of these things! :C

Edited by Els236

Honestly i think its a good balance

Focus on ancients

Its better than losing everything like before

Using QT rage valkyr felt like wasting 3 slots on something more useful since Disruptes were always all around and impossible to avoid when using pure melee

I mean... I still went 40 ish minutes cause valkyr is so tough but its nice to be able to keep energy too

Going to see how much energy is drained

If youre not a melee frame you can probably get away with never getting hit

If you are melee youve got to prepare for the worst

Unless youre an ember

Just spam accelerant ._.

Edited by Azawarau

Smashing the melee button while things die against me is not what I'd consider fun. I stopped fighting the infested for awhile because they simply weren't challenging anymore, instead preferring Grineer and Corpus who actually fight back. An easy victory is a pointless one. 

I once read 100 threads saying "this game is too easy"

:P

I think infested  are great fun, yes... you can't mindlessly afk at odd now, but I like it the way it is now.

Making subtle changes to make the game more challenging and straight out buffing every enemies to ridiculous levels are two very different things.  These changes don't make the infested more "challenging", they just make them infuriating and cheap.  I was fine with them before, but will never do any node with them now unless it's a special occasion like a "Gift from the Lotus" until things get balanced out.

I like the idea of DE trying to make the infested more on-pare with the other factions, and yes they were the easiest to deal with, but now they're not so much more challenging, as they are annoying, anyone who has played high level endless missions knows that ancients become extremely numerous, so making them a high priority target (they were already high priority to begin with) is almost pointless as it will just be replaced almost instantly, the whole aura and pull abilities just seem like lazy quick fixes, the pull especially, its just a ripoff of the grineer scorpion unit... And aura just feel way to unbalanced, maybe if they had a smaller radios or could only effect "X" number of units, and my last thought, why on earth would DE make infested immune to gas damage (via toxic ancients), gas isn't good against any other faction other then infested, and to be honest I always preferred corrosive>blade>fire>gas, but now I see no reason for any player to even use. 

I really think DE needs to figure a more creative way to make them a more formidable faction, but with the currant ideas that they have implicated. 

Disruptor Ancients - Aura that reduces radial and power damage taken by nearby allies. Attack damage energy, rather than completely drain it. Attacks of nearby allies have the same effect.

What exactly do they mean by this? Because Disrupters can still completely drain people's energy.