Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector & Warframe Both Have A 66 Meta-Critic Score.

Mkilbride

btw:

Everytime someone calls Warframe p2w, my head hurts. a lot.

I've played a ton of f2p p2w games.... actually all f2p games I've played except TF2 and Airmech were p2w. heh... and Metin2 before being bought by GF...But it also sucked without being p2w heh.

I know what this is. And Warframe is NOT p2w.

You where heavily dependent on Platinum in the start. Slots could only be gotten through platinum and you pretty much needed it. Reactors, Catalyst could show up on alert but it was quite rare.  So in the start it was basically pay to win or grind to hell and back to get stuff.

Now with trading you can get platinum if you get some good mods it might get you a slot or a catalyst. But paying for platinum will increase the fun by so much in this game.

The game score might be a 70 at most because it's average. It's still mindless fun but not much more than that.

Also while the game had gotten a lot of stuff since then it still has a lot of problems that have yet to be fixed and with the latest UI they made various things worse.

I wonder what Yahtzee would make of Warframe in its current state.

Hes been expressing for weeks now that hes been running out of things to review, and it wouldnt be the first time hes covered a beta...

Probably make a few $&*^ jokes, say some stuff on how much of a grind it is and that if he wanted a grindy game he would go play a JRPG, and at the end, forget, once again, to give a star rating.

I st <-- what is this? how did this get here?

You where heavily dependent on Platinum in the start. Slots could only be gotten through platinum and you pretty much needed it. Reactors, Catalyst could show up on alert but it was quite rare.  So in the start it was basically pay to win or grind to hell and back to get stuff.

Now with trading you can get platinum if you get some good mods it might get you a slot or a catalyst. But paying for platinum will increase the fun by so much in this game.

The game score might be a 70 at most because it's average. It's still mindless fun but not much more than that.

Also while the game had gotten a lot of stuff since then it still has a lot of problems that have yet to be fixed and with the latest UI they made various things worse.

mhm... I also started around a year ago. That was before plat trading ...or basically trading was enabled.

Okay... I bought a gaming magazine once that included a code for ...350 plat in warframe... and I won 1000 plat once. But other than that I never bought plat.

hmm... Without plat trading , the slot thing might have become a problem sooner or later.

But skill/ performance/ output wise this shouldn't be a problem- especially now that plat trading is enabled.

I also never bought potatoes or forma.... only get my stuff thru alerts, and that's more than enough.

During that year a lot of new game modes were added...

F2p wise, this game is far above a score of 70.

and not p2w at all.... yes, pay-to-speed-things-up. and pay-to-fabulous. but not p2w.

In my opinion at least.

I will buy prime access stuff soon. Not because I need to - but because I know that I do not need to.

Edited by WEREsandrock

Huh, back when I started playing this you got a small amount of plat because it's dangerous to go alone. Spent it on slots ofc. No idea how it's now.

It's pretty much the same thing.

You also get free plats for referring a friend that also buys platinum.

You get 20% of the first platinum they buy.

Edited by Sutherland

Again with that post.

But geeze. No one else thinks it is odd that years apart, DE's only two games, got the some overall average score, despite their vastly different genres and once again, the years apart, the different reviewers?

I dunno, I just think it's reaaaaally strange.

Oh yeah I know what it means. That was directed at you thinking warframe is P2W

The difference between a fan and a fanboy is that a fan will admit the flaws in the things he likes. A fanboy will take mention of those flaws as a personanal insult, rabidly deny them at all costs, and attack/mock anyone that mentions those flaws.

The difference between a fan and a fanboy is that a fan will admit the flaws in the things he likes. A fanboy will take mention of those flaws as a personanal insult, rabidly deny them at all costs, and attack/mock anyone that mentions those flaws.

Wow, if only that meant anything!

lol.

Warframe has many flaws my friend but being P2W isn't one of them (Yet)

If you want to play some pay2win I recommend a look at Metin2...

edit:

Source:

http://wiki.metin2.co.uk/index.php/Item-Shop

Edited by Sutherland

You have to tell us how this game is P2W then. I'm not challenging you, and I recognise the grind is real in this game and there are many flaws.

But how are they related to spending money? Even if you think an X weapon or frame are the strongest thing around, you can still achieve them for free, investing enought time ofc.

You have to tell us how this game is P2W then. I'm not challenging you, and I recognise the grind is real in this game and there are many flaws.

But how are they related to spending money? Even if you think an X weapon or frame are the strongest thing around, you can still achieve them for free, investing enought time ofc.

Most of the trading ingame is done with real world money.  Even if you had to hunt rare cards to sell for platinum, that platinum had to come from somewhere.  The game's as close to P2W as any other game.

Most of the trading ingame is done with real world money.  Even if you had to hunt rare cards to sell for platinum, that platinum had to come from somewhere.  The game's as close to P2W as any other game.

The way I differentiate a pay 2 win game is as follows:

There are people in the real world who have to go to jobs. They'll have less time to spend actually playing the game but still want to play the game. Then there are others who may have extra time. More than others to spend on the game.

Whenever somebody purchases platinum. They're investing money which has been earned with time at wherever it is they've been working.

Whenever somebody sells an item in trade chat. they've spent hours farming for that item. They've invested time into the game which has earned them money.

The line I feel is drawn in free2play games when that money can be used to not just speed up there progress but provide stat increases that can dramatically make the person who invested money infinitely stronger than the person who didn't. The person who doesn't invest a cent will never be able to reach the same level as somebody who has paid with real money. This is where the line is drawn.

There are other times when I feel this is inappropriate. Now I will agree. The time wall they have in this game has little reason to be there. I will not defend that. I'll admit it's pretty awful.

That said. Item shop has to be there.

This game is free2play and servers cost them money. Unlike TF2. There are many cases and it has been proven many times that a purely cosmetic item shop can't actually work. It doesn't give enough revenue to be sustainable.

Edited by Sutherland