The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sechura And Heiracon Are No More

Nijuroku

The "good guy Greg" clan alliance known as Space Confederation has lost both of their rails in Pluto. Our high-credit and XP days are sadly over. 

Sechura

U4D5BjS.jpg

Heiracon

v7SEEjf.jpg

I fear for what happens next to our beloved solar rails and the good-guy Space Confederation.

Lords of the East is mobilizing against Space Confederation in Assur.

b8HUr5r.jpg

Soon, we might lose our last possible "free" solar rail. 

What may have caused the loss of the Dark Sectors in Pluto was the gameplay change and the coincidental DDoS attacks. 

Now, look. I'm not pointing fingers in here. Don't blame me if I sound like I am. 

We must stay vigilant and defend Assur. We have no idea what Lords of the East plans to do with Assur. 

If it's at all still possible, Space Confederation might be able to retake the Pluto Dark Sectors. 

Cheers to the good-guy Gregs!

Point in fact, when they (Space Confederation) first took over the rail, they sighted it was time for the previous owners to relinquish the right to Dark Sector and "pass the torch." giving others a chance to carry. As they did not hold true to their own philosophy of passing the torch to others, I have no sympathy for their loss.

Edited by Austerity

We must stay vigilant and defend Assur.

You can't defend. That's a big part of why SC fell.  With no capacity to defeat an attacker, dark sector conflicts are completely one-sided. It's like a modern simulation of why long range artillery made fortifications obsolete; if one side is doing damage and the other isn't, the battle is decided as soon as it starts.

The other big part of course, being those players who chase short term profits instead of long term stability.  The more rails an alliance controls and taxes, the harder it will be to get rid of them because they'll just funnel all of their bloody money to wherever they are under attack.  I hope everybody that flocked to the highest battle pay on offer enjoys the 75% taxation they fought so hard to support. I just wish I didn't have to be punished for their idiocy.

Last night there was a pretty epic throwdown for Sechura on the PS4 side, with Legendary TennOs defending after they set the tributes to 100%.

I got a screen shot of hundreds of millions in battle pay in reserve, with up to 300,000 credit battle pay offerings - many of which actually paid out at the conclusion of the mission.

Made over three million on those last night.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

You can't defend. That's a big part of why SC fell.  With no capacity to defeat an attacker, dark sector conflicts are completely one-sided. It's like a modern simulation of why long range artillery made fortifications obsolete; if one side is doing damage and the other isn't, the battle is decided as soon as it starts.

The other big part of course, being those players who chase short term profits instead of long term stability.  The more rails an alliance controls and taxes, the harder it will be to get rid of them because they'll just funnel all of their bloody money to wherever they are under attack.  I hope everybody that flocked to the highest battle pay on offer enjoys the 75% taxation they fought so hard to support. I just wish I didn't have to be punished for their idiocy.

QFTW

I agree with you, and honestly. :3

I will be supporting Lords of the East in their goal of wiping out the last white knight alliance rail.

Next time you're down in a mission, I hope nobody tries to "white knight" and help you in any way. Or ever again. Remember kid: On the internet, doing something for others is "white knighting" and discouraged. 

At least, according to this guy, who doesn't know what "White Knight" really means. 

Next time you're down in a mission, I hope nobody tries to "white knight" and help you in any way. Or ever again. Remember kid: On the internet, doing something for others is "white knighting" and discouraged. 

At least, according to this guy, who doesn't know what "White Knight" really means. 

Surprise surprise i play with people who are good at the game. So its very rare that i go down because i have teammates that are worthwhile to have around. Also not a kid if youd checked my profile youd see my age.

I will be supporting Lords of the East in their goal of wiping out the last white knight alliance rail.

So trying to provide a helpful service to the community without asking anything in return is a behavior that deserves to be punished?

I don't follow the logic here. Please explain.

Edited by Hortonman

I'm not trying to point any fingers; I'm just genuinely confused and curious as to why so many people seem to think free rails are a bad thing.

I am referring to replies. Your question addresses a matter of personal taste, I think. Some people are very open in their mindset about free rails, others believe that taxes are a fair trade off for putting effort and resources into building a rail for people to run on.

In my mind, it's like asking why people like Marmite. You either love it or you hate it. There may not be logic behind it.

How come in both conflicts, ICE had 100% health all the way through? Is there no way to damage an attacking rail? Also according to deathsnacks, SpaceConfederation spent 0 credits defending the rail and ICE spent a whopping 350+ million on this attack. Is death snacks being wrong with its data again?

How come in both conflicts, ICE had 100% health all the way through? Is there no way to damage an attacking rail? Also according to deathsnacks, SpaceConfederation spent 0 credits defending the rail and ICE spent a whopping 350+ million on this attack. Is death snacks being wrong with its data again?

Deathsnacks is right. Attackers rail health cannot go down. There's no point. You have to either destroy the defender rail or you can't put the new rail up.

If you think about it the amount of credits you get as battle pay isn't close to the amount you can just farm on the node, it's also a less of a hassle dealing with infested than overpowered people in Dark Sector conflicts.

Nahhh...

100k+ in 3 minutes. Sechura? Nahhhh.