The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Feedback [Megathread]

noveltyhero

I feel as though so far the progression on Kubrows is going well. But I have to say a longer bleed out time is a must. It is so frustrating standing literally next to my dying Kubrow but because I am stuck in a melee combo animation I can not revive him in time.

Just started leveling my first Kubrow and i had no problems with deaths. I am leveling everything (frames and weapons) from the start so i am facing level appropriate enemies. Went through several mission without adding health and experience no death. Even in an Interception mission in Merc with only one other player who was totally new. That mission is difficult with only 2.

The Kubrow i am using is Raksa so that may be the reason why it is staying alive? It howls and scares stuff away. Howl is mega useful cause it even stops mobs from hitting the alarms. It's slightly annoying when it comes to Extermination missions if your enemies run away, but it keeps people away that spawn behind out of view so that does balance that stuff out. 

The one problem i have with Kubrow is that when performing stealth attacks the Kubrow also attempts to attack but since you are already engage it performs it's howl ability which is sucks cause he spend the ability on nothing. And if there are other units around he will then go on and attack them so you cant continue with stealth because it's all a big mess. I think Kubs should be added to stealth attacks. If you have a Kub and you perform a stealth attack a unique animation should play includes the warframe and the Kub so he wont waste abilities.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

You know what the worst thing is about your Kubrow dying? Its the fact that you don't know its happening until you're either too late or you spent some time figuring out how it works. I didn't know what the DNA thing was for so i neglected it. Then my Kubrow status told me its dying. If i hadn't logged in or simply overlooked that small piece of text i wouldn't be in time to put my Kubrow in stasis and save her from dying. Also i used one of the DNA things to heal/feed/whatever my Kubrow but it only brought it up to 40% and i couldn't use it again for 24 hours.

I am a Warframe player who tends to play mostly in the weekends as i don't have the time to play during the week. You know... work, social life, all that hassle. That's why Alert missions are pretty much useless to me and i do not often get the chance to play hour long defense/survival missions. But hey at least those alerts are random so nobody can really prepare for them.

With the Kubrow its like saying: Hey players! Here's a new patch filled with content you cant use because you're not a spending enough time in our game! 

Kubrows are combat companions. That said they should be able to fend for themselves and be able to be of actual use to the player. Right now they are basicly annoying companions who needs to be babysat in the battlefield. They should be an asset that is important for the player's playstyle and the idea of the 4 kubrow type is very interesting.

There is one thing I really want to see in the game and that the kubrows could potentially do and that is: Kubrows can revive the owner. (If it really happens make it so that the kubrow licks your face in order to revive you :3)

If the kubrows had the possibility to revive the owner then that will make a powerful distinction between sentinels and pet kubrows. The sentinels would be used for focused player protection (Sanctuary and Leak coolant are very good ways to protect the player) and the kubrow are obviously offensive assets.

"DNA Decay rate halved", a nice gesture but not good enough, still waiting for it's removal or replacement with "loyalty" rather than "debuff and eventually permadeath". Make it happen DE, stop with the tamagochi nonsense. :/

It's a step in the right direction, keep in mind that there are countless bugs to fix, lots of things to change and add. I mean when the update came out it burned them out and whilst passion is enough to keep you from sleeping days on end it is not enough to keep your mind fresh and your attitude positive. DE has a lot on their plate and this thread is designed to make it easier for them, I understand how they feel.

Sorry this was not directed at you but rather people who expect miracles and magic from DE :S

I feel as though so far the progression on Kubrows is going well. But I have to say a longer bleed out time is a must. It is so frustrating standing literally next to my dying Kubrow but because I am stuck in a melee combo animation I can not revive him in time.

Yep, even if there is a mod. Mods should not feel like "ugh I have to do use this" but rather make you want to use it. That is an entirely different discussion though however the Loyal Companion mod should not be a must, even 10 base seconds would make a huge difference.

Just started leveling my first Kubrow and i had no problems with deaths. I am leveling everything (frames and weapons) from the start so i am facing level appropriate enemies. Went through several mission without adding health and experience no death. Even in an Interception mission in Merc with only one other player who was totally new. That mission is difficult with only 2.

The Kubrow i am using is Raksa so that may be the reason why it is staying alive? It howls and scares stuff away. Howl is mega useful cause it even stops mob from hitting the alarms. It's slightly annoying when it comes to Extermination mission if you enemies run away. But keep people away that spawn behind out does balance that stuff out. 

The one problem i have with Kubrow is that when performing stealth attacks the Kubrow also attempts to attack but since you are already engage it performs it's howl ability which is sucks cause he spend the ability on nothing. And if there are other units around he will then go on and attack them so you cant continue with stealth because it's all a big mess. I think Kubs should be added to stealth attacks. If you have a Kub and you perform a stealth attack a unique animation should play includes the warframe and the Kub so he wont waste abilities.

Could you give more details? We know the AI and combat precepts of Kubrows need some more depth so it fits the playstyle of every player. i.e I never have any of my Sentinels attack (obv. except for Dethcube) because that's how I feel comfortable playing, but seeing my Sahasa ignore enemies when I expect her to attack is indeed frustrating.

What level were the missions you were running? With mid-level content it is hard to kill a Kubrow well modded.

Also how did you acquire the egg? If farmed, was it hard? As a new player (fresh account-I am guessing) does the Kubrow feel appropriate for you? Costs, maintenance, utility as opposed to a Sentinel? If you have the time look at the proposed suggestion for how the quest should be (under Aquisition) 

You know what the worst thing is about your Kubrow dying? Its the fact that you don't know its happening until you're either too late or you spent some time figuring out how it works. I didn't know what the DNA thing was for so i neglected it. Then my Kubrow status told me its dying. If i hadn't logged in or simply overlooked that small piece of text i wouldn't be in time to put my Kubrow in stasis and save her from dying. Also i used one of the DNA things to heal/feed/whatever my Kubrow but it only brought it up to 40% and i couldn't use it again for 24 hours.

I am a Warframe player who tends to play mostly in the weekends as i don't have the time to play during the week. You know... work, social life, all that hassle. That's why Alert missions are pretty much useless to me and i do not often get the chance to play hour long defense/survival missions. But hey at least those alerts are random so nobody can really prepare for them.

With the Kubrow its like saying: Hey players! Here's a new patch filled with content you cant use because you're not a spending enough time in our game! 

Balance between casual and hardcore players, noted.

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the diverse feedback, good to see this from different perspective and situations :D

Kubrows are combat companions. That said they should be able to fend for themselves and be able to be of actual use to the player. Right now they are basicly annoying companions who needs to be babysat in the battlefield. They should be an asset that is important for the player's playstyle and the idea of the 4 kubrow type is very interesting.

There is one thing I really want to see in the game and that the kubrows could potentially do and that is: Kubrows can revive the owner. (If it really happens make it so that the kubrow licks your face in order to revive you :3)

If the kubrows had the possibility to revive the owner then that will make a powerful distinction between sentinels and pet kubrows. The sentinels would be used for focused player protection (Sanctuary and Leak coolant are very good ways to protect the player) and the kubrow are obviously offensive assets.

Actually I understand that feeling. With my Carrier I never had to constantly think if its going to die or trying to avoid situations. It does connect the player to the Kubrow but in the wrong way, as when my Carrier dies I think "Ohh darn, one less ally" but with Kubrows its like "Ohh darn, I'll avoid bringing it next time".

In terms of your suggestion, I thought of that too but it needs to be balanced somehow as if you think about it, Kubrows would then change the balance of Solo-play which is usually if you die, revive or forfeit, nobody assisting you.

So, I saw today's hotfix hit while I was reading a thread in which people were asking for on-the-fly color customization of their kubrow.  I saw the notes about reduced decay rates and an idea (not necessarily a good idea) hit me, a compromise that could be made in which everybody gets a little bit of what they want (expect perhaps DE, who wants you to spend money on plat).

Basically, make it so that's there's a difference between "breeding" a kubrow and "cloning" a kubrow. Stealing an egg and hatching it the natural way gets you a beast with a more or less random appearances but stable DNA, no decay and no ongoing maintenance costs. Using imprints to modify your kubrow while incubating would let you force an appearance that you want, right now (the incubator would need to be able to show you what your kubrow will look like *before* you actually start the incubation process), but the kubrow would require occasional shots of the DNA stabilizing agent or it'd lose effectiveness (even die?) over time.

New players that just want to experience the kubrow content can (more easily) afford it, players that want the bling can pay for it, and if you're patient, you'd be able to eventually get the 'perfect' kubrow that has the appearance you want and no maintenance costs through a lot of RNG breeding.

This gives DE another thing to sell in the market too: "designer genes" that give your kubrow appearances that would never naturally occur in the wild. Like, intricate fur patterns and tatoos (similar to what we already have with the lotus face mark) that can ONLY be added to a kubrow via cloning/imprinting. To use the designer genes, you'd have to incur the ongoing maintenance cost of DNA stabilizers, but people who don't need the bling don't have to pay for it.

Edit: I suppose with zero-maintenance kubrows being a thing, we'd absolutely *require* a way to release unwanted kubrow.

Edited by beangonz

Welp, kubrow is on ice and breeding program is shut down.

Want to try out new kubrows with different features and appearance.  I have a really awesome imprint, but imprinting is a  completely unexplained feature that gives you no indication  what the result would be. So it's a gamble. So I can't use (i.e. almost certainly waste) the imprint. And hatching random kubrows to see what I get is gambling with platinum because if I don't like what I get I can't chuck the thing out the airlock. I would be forced to buy some indeterminate number of additional freezers until I got something nice. Same mechanics as the color scrambler but with multiple days of wait time between pulls of the lever.

It's been two weeks since the introduction of a major new feature, with no documentation about how it works and little two-way discussion about improving its core shortcomings. Frustrating. Disappointing. Sad-facing. Nowhere to go from here.

You're absolutely right! Two weeks and no input on anything with kubrows. I saw DE Steve apologizing to the ps4 community for the delays (and he did seem sincere) but ps4 players shouldn't be that mad....I mean look what they 're missing:)

So, I saw today's hotfix hit while I was reading a thread in which people were asking for on-the-fly color customization of their kubrow.  I saw the notes about reduced decay rates and an idea (not necessarily a good idea) hit me, a compromise that could be made in which everybody gets a little bit of what they want (expect perhaps DE, who wants you to spend money on plat).

Basically, make it so that's there's a difference between "breeding" a kubrow and "cloning" a kubrow. Stealing an egg and hatching it the natural way gets you a beast with a more or less random appearances but stable DNA, no decay and no ongoing maintenance costs. Using imprints to modify your kubrow while incubating would let you force an appearance that you want, right now (the incubator would need to be able to show you what your kubrow will look like *before* you actually start the incubation process), but the kubrow would require occasional shots of the DNA stabilizing agent or it'd lose effectiveness (even die?) over time.

New players that just want to experience the kubrow content can (more easily) afford it, players that want the bling can pay for it, and if you're patient, you'd be able to eventually get the 'perfect' kubrow that has the appearance you want and no maintenance costs through a lot of RNG breeding.

This gives DE another thing to sell in the market too: "designer genes" that give your kubrow appearances that would never naturally occur in the wild. Like, intricate fur patterns and tatoos (similar to what we already have with the lotus face mark) that can ONLY be added to a kubrow via cloning/imprinting. To use the designer genes, you'd have to incur the ongoing maintenance cost of DNA stabilizers, but people who don't need the bling don't have to pay for it.

Edit: I suppose with zero-maintenance kubrows being a thing, we'd absolutely *require* a way to release unwanted kubrow.

I am afraid you would have to elaborate on the mechanics of that. I can sort of see what you mean but how would you pay? Would it not turn pay to win? Why can't your first Kubrow be the ever loved one? <-Constant disadvantage when compared to the advanced ones.

Would it not turn into basically the poor kids with cheap chinese dolls that can't turn their head vs rich kids with actionmen?

Ah, thanks for adding my idea here, I'm glad to have it preserved somewhere that it might get read instead of getting shoved off the thread list. And good job shortening it, the original actually was a bit longwinded now that I look at it ;)

Ah, thanks for adding my idea here, I'm glad to have it preserved somewhere that it might get read instead of getting shoved off the thread list. And good job shortening it, the original actually was a bit longwinded now that I look at it ;)

No problem buddy! I am here to help :D

I am afraid you would have to elaborate on the mechanics of that. I can sort of see what you mean but how would you pay? Would it not turn pay to win? Why can't your first Kubrow be the ever loved one? <-Constant disadvantage when compared to the advanced ones.

Would it not turn into basically the poor kids with cheap chinese dolls that can't turn their head vs rich kids with actionmen?

All kubrow still need to go through an incubation process, so you pay still have to pay for incubator power cores. If you want lots of kubrow, you still need to buy stasis slots. For genetically modified kubrow, you'd pay credits for stabilizers the exact same way you do now. In those respects, payment for everything is exactly the same as the current system. The only change is that people who don't use imprints don't have to keep buying stabilizers.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about people's first kubrow being "the ever loved one." I can only assume you're talking about people who are attached to their first ever kubrow puppy and want it to be immortal. In my case, I didn't use imprints on it, so under the proposed system, it'd be genetically stable with no recurring maintenance costs. I suppose people who immediately bought imprints and applied them to their first puppy would be shafted in that respect.

As for pay to win, I don't really see it (of course that doesn't mean it isn't there).  For a good many people, kubrows become _cheaper_ and more attainable.  You'd only be paying extra for cosmetics or to rush to a specific kubrow nature, which is pretty much how DE has operated their market from the get-go. It's already the case that people who don't shell out plat don't have all the fancy bling for their warframes (colors, armor pieces, syandanas). Players who don't care to pay for cosmetics just pick up and egg and hatch it, and then that's it - they've a kubrow forever (or until they release it).

Edited by beangonz

It's probably already been said, but it would be nice if, while we're in the dojo or a mission, we could point at our Kubrow and press X for some random "Good boy"-interaction (ruffle its fur, scratch it between the ears - small stuff, no cutscene like in the Liset). This wouldn't count towards the 3 daily interactions or refill loyalty, but it's just to give us the feeling that this is actually our pet and not some random animal that chose to follow us, to increase immersion. BINGO!

And another thing: The imprint gallery should not only show a picture of the Kubrow, but the saved traits as text.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Actually I understand that feeling. With my Carrier I never had to constantly think if its going to die or trying to avoid situations. It does connect the player to the Kubrow but in the wrong way, as when my Carrier dies I think "Ohh darn, one less ally" but with Kubrows its like "Ohh darn, I'll avoid bringing it next time".

In terms of your suggestion, I thought of that too but it needs to be balanced somehow as if you think about it, Kubrows would then change the balance of Solo-play which is usually if you die, revive or forfeit, nobody assisting you.

Thinking about it, to be able to balance the kubrow revives player is not as hard as it seems. If you play solo then I can see the kubrow being able to revive you and if you play with other players then depending on the amount of players that are with you then the revive will only replendish a percentage of your hp.

1 player = 100% hp

2 players = 75% hp

3 players = 50% hp

4 players = 25% hp

Now the deal is, when will the kubrow make the decision to revive you if you have friendlies nearby? Well, if the kubrow revives you by his own self then you get the hp debuff but if your teamate revives you while you're kubrow revives you then you receive no penalty.

Edit: And if you don't want to be revived by your kubrow for whatever reason then make the revive thing a command you can give to your kubrow. That way the kubrow will know wheter to ignore you or help you.

Edited by Kiraii

I was in the middle of making a topic that I was hoping would become a megathread-- then I saw this.  So I am just going to Copy/Paste what I wrote here!  I hope that is ok :-)

First thing's first-- I am asking you all nicely to Please not turn this thread into an argument or heated discussion even, its just a game and really isn't worth all of that.  I am interested to hear people's idea's though, and I think alot of you probably have better ideas than me!

My "General thoughts" of Kubrow as of the latest PC hotfix

1.Making the decay rate slower was a step in the right direction for Kubrow functionality all together - for newer/people that cannot play alot-- and even for veterans-- to be viable "pets" (In my opinion)

2.There DOES however need to be a simple quick way (even if it was implemented via a small re-doable quest or something) to dispose of an unwanted Kubrow, however.  You can sell sentinals straight up to free up slots.. you can even sell warframes straight up for credits to free up slots.

again this is just (My opinion)

Given the nature of the way Kubrows work, I personally would like to see Something along the lines of a pretty non time consuming way of releasing your Kubrow to free a slot... instead of him just dying off-- (which SHOULD still be able to happen in my opinion) -- but if you do want to free up a slot for one and more crossbreeding etc.. you should be able to - whenever you want.  I think they should make it so the kubrow atleast has to hatch and then mature before you can sell it though.

--I would even be ok with being able to click inventory and being able to just outright "sell the kubrow for credits" as well-- although I would like to see alittle more effort put into getting rid of them as a quest- with maybe an increased reward of getting SOMETHING in return.  Anything.  There are a million ways they could spin this!

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts/opinions- plz post them below!

BTW:  I stressed the opinion thing so much because I feel that it will keep people from becoming irritated.  I want to hear EVERYONE's Opinion on the matter.  I am sure DE does too.  Threads as of late have just been getting out of hand to the point where it's not even fun to read them.

So please-- if you strongly disagree with me-- awesome! I can't wait to hear about it! -- Just remember-- everyone has an opinion and they all stink!-- even mine! :-) I Look forward to seeing some posts about this.  (Feel free to discuss all things Kubrow) - not just Decay rate/Releasing them/killing them

Customization and everything!  Have at it guys!

Let's give DE a proper thread they can really get good feedback from on this and potentially implement a good "opinion" or idea :-)!

EDIT: oh and after just skimming  the OP & taking the poll-- +1000 to OP!

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

I never chose my kubrow over my sentinel because plainly put, they're bad and have near 0 utility Sentinels do, especially with their strength being tied in to the strength of your frame, plus the whole really bad AI thing and the fact they could really use commands such as "stay" "attack" and the like. They require too much maintenance as well. The maintenance is annoying, serves no purple other than "money plz", and makes me want to do nothing more than stuff it into stasis for future selling once I max it for mastery, especially because they lose effectiveness with each death.

The only way I want to see more pets in the future is if they don't end up similar to the atrocity the Kubrows are.

Oh, a little extra feedback? The stasis wait is unacceptable. Waiting to switch out your gear is a step in the very wrong direction.

Edited by Gryffinhart

It's a step in the right direction, keep in mind that there are countless bugs to fix, lots of things to change and add. I mean when the update came out it burned them out and whilst passion is enough to keep you from sleeping days on end it is not enough to keep your mind fresh and your attitude positive. DE has a lot on their plate and this thread is designed to make it easier for them, I understand how they feel.

Sorry this was not directed at you but rather people who expect miracles and magic from DE :S

I'm not quite sure how is any of that relevant to kubrow's DNA Decay, but I'll have to disagree, it's a step in the wrong direction. Imagine having your warframe and weapons degrade, then you have to buy a certain special oil to manage them along with their own cooldown timers and whatnot. What's fun about that? How does the tamagochi style micro-managing system serve ANYONE in a TPS arcade shooter game other than making you grind even more so you can get it all over again if you happen to lose it, (as if we don't have enough grind already)?

Halving the DNA decay rate is pretty much telling me that we should put up with it and they will try and make it more bearable while all the feedback on the matter I've been seeing consists of "make it go away! It's more stressful than fun!" or "it's fine! I love my super special exclusive pet I keep pouring my credits and resources into that you can't have!", as far as I'm aware not that many asked for slower decay rate and they seem to be trying to sweep it under the rug by doing this.

Edit: Ahem, I'm sorry, I actually thought this was a feedback thread, not a DE praise/thank you thread. My bad.

That is a non-issue, it can't be too hard to add a "remove/recycle kubrow" button somewhere in the stasis.

Edited by CapricaSix

Could you give more details? We know the AI and combat precepts of Kubrows need some more depth so it fits the playstyle of every player. i.e I never have any of my Sentinels attack (obv. except for Dethcube) because that's how I feel comfortable playing, but seeing my Sahasa ignore enemies when I expect her to attack is indeed frustrating.

How does it ignore enemies?

I've noticed that before entering combat the "attack sphere" the kubrow has is sort in the short/medium range so they dont actually enter combat until you are close to the enemy. 

you can see how close you need to be for the kubrow to attack. Is this what you mean? Or it may be that the Sahasa arent as effective because they are not made for combat? The Raksa with the howl ability pretty much always end up hitting all targets anyway so in combat i have not seen him not attack targets.

What level were the missions you were running? With mid-level content it is hard to kill a Kubrow well modded.

Like i said, i started everything fresh. I started from Mercury cause everything was unranked and new. The first group of missions i did didnt have any health mods and he didnt die once. The one time i thought it was going to happen didnt in the interception mission were i was with one other new player. Being a Raska and having howl may have helped. I can see that if others dont have some sort of AOE attack they can end up in sticky situations. Specially in defense type missions because in that interception mission he did disappear from view several times. Specially since i was being mobbed i had to worry about staying alive.

Also how did you acquire the egg? If farmed, was it hard? As a new player (fresh account-I am guessing) does the Kubrow feel appropriate for you? Costs, maintenance, utility as opposed to a Sentinel? If you have the time look at the proposed suggestion for how the quest should be (under Aquisition)

The first couple of eggs i got quickly, within a handful of missions. The next two i ended up buying cause it was taking longer and i had the plat from sales. The next one i got in my first attempt. RNG was truly RNG in my getting the eggs, some came very quick, some came rather quick, and some i gave up on. 

And I am not a new player but i think the Kubrow is not really a new player starter pet at all. People say that because the quests starts early it means something but the quest acquiring really has nothing to do with the result from it.

If they are going to change the quests to where you are guaranteed an egg at the end of the mission then i agree that it should be mega hard. Move everything to later stages to make it clear on everyone that this is a later game thing. 

Well. here is my two cents on kubrow feedback.

To re affirm a point made in this megathread aquisition is an issue. RNG for eggs is really bad right now. i mean dens only? youd think a momy kubrow might dash for the hills with an egg and might drop one... ONLY ONE EGG AT A TIME. REALLY? >_> *twitch* can you tell im fustrated with the system yet? let me put this out there before my rage munster gets the better of me. i love kubrows. do i like how there implimented? NO. i freaking hate it. i know that there had to be a gap  between kubrows and sentinels. but red tape under the guise of money making is horrid.

as far as breeding/aquisition  goes, IMO kubro classes should NOT be random and be pickable. just like getting a warframe or sentinel. maintain a level of consitancy for gameplay. ive burned about 200- 300 plat trying to get other classed kubrows than a hurtas. and... yeah. i got hurtas and one other one i wasnt really interested in. if you keep anything random. keep the body type, the fur pattern and anything else BUT THE FREAKING FUNCTIONAL PART OF THE DOG random. *twitch* for me. it helps keep things "warframey" 

i cant judge the all the classes other than hurtas, so i wont pull feedback for that.

the expsensive - ness of kubrows has only been mildly adressed, yes the health decay rate has been improved but what about what was stated earlier about RNG and egg capacity?

a way to release your kubrow into the wild kinda makes sense, and also on that note your kubrow shouldnt die from dna degridation. ive had long hosptial stays before and i think its messed up i could get sick and i could come back to my kubrow being dead. >_> im just saying Real life happens.another note is cryo. 3 hours in AND out for statsis? i mean really? at the MOST 1 hour BOLTH WAYS ( meaning 30 mins to pull out, 30 mins to put back).

In my final thoughts, Im at the point where there really is no other point than afinity to get kubrows. it feels like a gigantic scam every time i get past the point where i wanna use and collect one of each class, i go to look at the cost and go "de just wants my damn money. like all of it" there is no pracitcal way to do what i want to do with them. one of each class. i dont really care too much on the fur pattern most kubrows look bad &amp;#&#33; as is. id be nice to have purchasble fur pattern geno codes you could add to the egg... but meh...  i just keep them in stasis. and im probaly done with them untill further improvements are made... end of the day current state of kubrows is really unplayable unless you have ALOT of plat and ALOT of patience to get into them. no options to set up as a breeder. way to damned inconveient to use them. impractical because some of my sentinels already out perform them. and way to exspensive. oh and forced puppy blender unless you pay plat or dont want to dedicatedly breed is also just plain sick and disgusting. // endrant.

All kubrow still need to go through an incubation process, so you pay still have to pay for incubator power cores. If you want lots of kubrow, you still need to buy stasis slots. For genetically modified kubrow, you'd pay credits for stabilizers the exact same way you do now. In those respects, payment for everything is exactly the same as the current system. The only change is that people who don't use imprints don't have to keep buying stabilizers.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about people's first kubrow being "the ever loved one." I can only assume you're talking about people who are attached to their first ever kubrow puppy and want it to be immortal. In my case, I didn't use imprints on it, so under the proposed system, it'd be genetically stable with no recurring maintenance costs. I suppose people who immediately bought imprints and applied them to their first puppy would be shafted in that respect.

As for pay to win, I don't really see it (of course that doesn't mean it isn't there).  For a good many people, kubrows become _cheaper_ and more attainable.  You'd only be paying extra for cosmetics or to rush to a specific kubrow nature, which is pretty much how DE has operated their market from the get-go. It's already the case that people who don't shell out plat don't have all the fancy bling for their warframes (colors, armor pieces, syandanas). Players who don't care to pay for cosmetics just pick up and egg and hatch it, and then that's it - they've a kubrow forever (or until they release it).

Hmm that would be a very fine line to walk, noted nonetheless.

It's probably already been said, but it would be nice if, while we're in the dojo or a mission, we could point at our Kubrow and press X for some random "Good boy"-interaction (ruffle its fur, scratch it between the ears - small stuff, no cutscene like in the Liset). This wouldn't count towards the 3 daily interactions or refill loyalty, but it's just to give us the feeling that this is actually our pet and not some random animal that chose to follow us, to increase immersion. BINGO!

And another thing: The imprint gallery should not only show a picture of the Kubrow, but the saved traits as text.

Yeah I agree, it is weird that interacting is only for loyalty but the problem is that the animations are not fluid. They are rather sticky, noticed stealth animations? That little half of a second where you character get's teleported is really awkward as well as the Kubrow interactions being in cinematic.

Thinking about it, to be able to balance the kubrow revives player is not as hard as it seems. If you play solo then I can see the kubrow being able to revive you and if you play with other players then depending on the amount of players that are with you then the revive will only replendish a percentage of your hp.

1 player = 100% hp

2 players = 75% hp

3 players = 50% hp

4 players = 25% hp

Now the deal is, when will the kubrow make the decision to revive you if you have friendlies nearby? Well, if the kubrow revives you by his own self then you get the hp debuff but if your teamate revives you while you're kubrow revives you then you receive no penalty.

Edit: And if you don't want to be revived by your kubrow for whatever reason then make the revive thing a command you can give to your kubrow. That way the kubrow will know wheter to ignore you or help you.

Problem there then comes with the AI of the Kubrow. As it stands currently it is way too simple for such advanced feature and whilst I certainly wouldn't mind it we need more depth to the Kubrows. Either way feedback noted! :)

I was in the middle of making a topic that I was hoping would become a megathread-- then I saw this.  So I am just going to Copy/Paste what I wrote here!  I hope that is ok :-)

First thing's first-- I am asking you all nicely to Please not turn this thread into an argument or heated discussion even, its just a game and really isn't worth all of that.  I am interested to hear people's idea's though, and I think alot of you probably have better ideas than me!

My "General thoughts" of Kubrow as of the latest PC hotfix

1.Making the decay rate slower was a step in the right direction for Kubrow functionality all together - for newer/people that cannot play alot-- and even for veterans-- to be viable "pets" (In my opinion)

2.There DOES however need to be a simple quick way (even if it was implemented via a small re-doable quest or something) to dispose of an unwanted Kubrow, however.  You can sell sentinals straight up to free up slots.. you can even sell warframes straight up for credits to free up slots.

again this is just (My opinion)

Given the nature of the way Kubrows work, I personally would like to see Something along the lines of a pretty non time consuming way of releasing your Kubrow to free a slot... instead of him just dying off-- (which SHOULD still be able to happen in my opinion) -- but if you do want to free up a slot for one and more crossbreeding etc.. you should be able to - whenever you want.  I think they should make it so the kubrow atleast has to hatch and then mature before you can sell it though.

--I would even be ok with being able to click inventory and being able to just outright "sell the kubrow for credits" as well-- although I would like to see alittle more effort put into getting rid of them as a quest- with maybe an increased reward of getting SOMETHING in return.  Anything.  There are a million ways they could spin this!

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts/opinions- plz post them below!

BTW:  I stressed the opinion thing so much because I feel that it will keep people from becoming irritated.  I want to hear EVERYONE's Opinion on the matter.  I am sure DE does too.  Threads as of late have just been getting out of hand to the point where it's not even fun to read them.

So please-- if you strongly disagree with me-- awesome! I can't wait to hear about it! -- Just remember-- everyone has an opinion and they all stink!-- even mine! :-) I Look forward to seeing some posts about this.  (Feel free to discuss all things Kubrow) - not just Decay rate/Releasing them/killing them

Customization and everything!  Have at it guys!

Let's give DE a proper thread they can really get good feedback from on this and potentially implement a good "opinion" or idea :-)!

EDIT: oh and after just skimming  the OP & taking the poll-- +1000 to OP!

Well, thanks! I just hope the system get's improved or at least half way by the time it get's released on PS4.

I never chose my kubrow over my sentinel because plainly put, they're bad and have near 0 utility Sentinels do, especially with their strength being tied in to the strength of your frame, plus the whole really bad AI thing and the fact they could really use commands such as "stay" "attack" and the like. They require too much maintenance as well. The maintenance is annoying, serves no purple other than "money plz", and makes me want to do nothing more than stuff it into stasis for future selling once I max it for mastery, especially because they lose effectiveness with each death.

The only way I want to see more pets in the future is if they don't end up similar to the atrocity the Kubrows are.

Oh, a little extra feedback? The stasis wait is unacceptable. Waiting to switch out your gear is a step in the very wrong direction.

Noted! Thanks :)

With more pets idea, if the base system is fleshed out and balanced now we shouldn't have a problem in the future.

I'm not quite sure how is any of that relevant to kubrow's DNA Decay, but I'll have to disagree, it's a step in the wrong direction. Imagine having your warframe and weapons degrade, then you have to buy a certain special oil to manage them along with their own cooldown timers and whatnot. What's fun about that? How does the tamagochi style micro-managing system serve ANYONE in a TPS arcade shooter game other than making you grind even more so you can get it all over again if you happen to lose it, (as if we don't have enough grind already)?

Halving the DNA decay rate is pretty much telling me that we should put up with it and they will try and make it more bearable while all the feedback on the matter I've been seeing consists of "make it go away! It's more stressful than fun!" or "it's fine! I love my super special exclusive pet I keep pouring my credits and resources into that you can't have!", as far as I'm aware not that many asked for slower decay rate and they seem to be trying to sweep it under the rug by doing this.

Edit: Ahem, I'm sorry, I actually thought this was a feedback thread, not a DE praise/thank you thread. My bad.

That is a non-issue, it can't be too hard to add a "remove/recycle kubrow" button somewhere in the stasis.

Not insanely praising DE, just saying things take time. [but let's not derail the purpose of the thread]

-probably meant to say something else rather than "It's a step in the right direction" though :S

As Nipponsei mentioned, there needs to be a very stable balance for casual players and hardcore players, so each side is happy and I think that's where this system is hard, I am not sure if Steve realized that. Hopefully stuff will get ironed out in the next couple of weeks.

In terms of the DNA decay, as I mentioned in OP, swapping around the functions of DNA decay would drastically improve the current system. So you aren't punished for not being on but for the Kubrow dying in the mission itself, that said AI needs to be improved a lot too and many other things, changing one thing will not fix the various issues people have found. 

However, I personally think the system does need some depth to it to differentiate sentient companions to your mechanical sentinels.

There really should be a release button, to make the farmers more happy.

Also, how do you like the quest and the acquisition of your egg? (If applicable)

How does it ignore enemies?

I've noticed that before entering combat the "attack sphere" the kubrow has is sort in the short/medium range so they dont actually enter combat until you are close to the enemy. 

you can see how close you need to be for the kubrow to attack. Is this what you mean? Or it may be that the Sahasa arent as effective because they are not made for combat? The Raksa with the howl ability pretty much always end up hitting all targets anyway so in combat i have not seen him not attack targets.

Like i said, i started everything fresh. I started from Mercury cause everything was unranked and new. The first group of missions i did didnt have any health mods and he didnt die once. The one time i thought it was going to happen didnt in the interception mission were i was with one other new player. Being a Raska and having howl may have helped. I can see that if others dont have some sort of AOE attack they can end up in sticky situations. Specially in defense type missions because in that interception mission he did disappear from view several times. Specially since i was being mobbed i had to worry about staying alive.

The first couple of eggs i got quickly, within a handful of missions. The next two i ended up buying cause it was taking longer and i had the plat from sales. The next one i got in my first attempt. RNG was truly RNG in my getting the eggs, some came very quick, some came rather quick, and some i gave up on. 

And I am not a new player but i think the Kubrow is not really a new player starter pet at all. People say that because the quests starts early it means something but the quest acquiring really has nothing to do with the result from it.

If they are going to change the quests to where you are guaranteed an egg at the end of the mission then i agree that it should be mega hard. Move everything to later stages to make it clear on everyone that this is a later game thing. 

What I meant is that Sahasa was too defensive for my personal way of playing. Enemies are 5m away, fully alerted and shooting at me whilst my dog stands by me looking at nothing. Combat precepts would be nice

Nice video I will link it in, was that the Sahasa?

I feel like Kubrows and due to their maintenance should be pushed up a bit because starting on Venus is seriously way too soon, that is almost 8 hours into the game and most people will not be able to hold the up-costs.

Well. here is my two cents on kubrow feedback.

To re affirm a point made in this megathread aquisition is an issue. RNG for eggs is really bad right now. i mean dens only? youd think a momy kubrow might dash for the hills with an egg and might drop one... ONLY ONE EGG AT A TIME. REALLY? >_> *twitch* can you tell im fustrated with the system yet? let me put this out there before my rage munster gets the better of me. i love kubrows. do i like how there implimented? NO. i freaking hate it. i know that there had to be a gap  between kubrows and sentinels. but red tape under the guise of money making is horrid.

as far as breeding/aquisition  goes, IMO kubro classes should NOT be random and be pickable. just like getting a warframe or sentinel. maintain a level of consitancy for gameplay. ive burned about 200- 300 plat trying to get other classed kubrows than a hurtas. and... yeah. i got hurtas and one other one i wasnt really interested in. if you keep anything random. keep the body type, the fur pattern and anything else BUT THE FREAKING FUNCTIONAL PART OF THE DOG random. *twitch* for me. it helps keep things "warframey" 

i cant judge the all the classes other than hurtas, so i wont pull feedback for that.

the expsensive - ness of kubrows has only been mildly adressed, yes the health decay rate has been improved but what about what was stated earlier about RNG and egg capacity?

a way to release your kubrow into the wild kinda makes sense, and also on that note your kubrow shouldnt die from dna degridation. ive had long hosptial stays before and i think its messed up i could get sick and i could come back to my kubrow being dead. >_> im just saying Real life happens.another note is cryo. 3 hours in AND out for statsis? i mean really? at the MOST 1 hour BOLTH WAYS ( meaning 30 mins to pull out, 30 mins to put back).

In my final thoughts, Im at the point where there really is no other point than afinity to get kubrows. it feels like a gigantic scam every time i get past the point where i wanna use and collect one of each class, i go to look at the cost and go "de just wants my damn money. like all of it" there is no pracitcal way to do what i want to do with them. one of each class. i dont really care too much on the fur pattern most kubrows look bad @$$ as is. id be nice to have purchasble fur pattern geno codes you could add to the egg... but meh...  i just keep them in stasis. and im probaly done with them untill further improvements are made... end of the day current state of kubrows is really unplayable unless you have ALOT of plat and ALOT of patience to get into them. no options to set up as a breeder. way to damned inconveient to use them. impractical because some of my sentinels already out perform them. and way to exspensive. oh and forced puppy blender unless you pay plat or dont want to dedicatedly breed is also just plain sick and disgusting. // endrant.

I understand that, I am keeping mine in stasis except for leveling until the system get's ironed out so I can mess around with more things but be less punished in the long run.

EDIT: In terms of your acquisition problem, is the suggested quest change good? If not what would you change/improve?

Thanks a lot guys! Any more feedback on the acquisition of the first egg as well as the quest would be greatly appreciated! :D

Edited by noveltyhero

Not insanely praising DE, just saying things take time. [but let's not derail the purpose of the thread]

-probably meant to say something else rather than "It's a step in the right direction" though :S

As Nipponsei mentioned, there needs to be a very stable balance for casual players and hardcore players, so each side is happy and I think that's where this system is hard, I am not sure if Steve realized that. Hopefully stuff will get ironed out in the next couple of weeks.

In terms of the DNA decay, as I mentioned in OP, swapping around the functions of DNA decay would drastically improve the current system. So you aren't punished for not being on but for the Kubrow dying in the mission itself, that said AI needs to be improved a lot too and many other things, changing one thing will not fix the various issues people have found. 

However, I personally think the system does need some depth to it to differentiate sentient companions to your mechanical sentinels.

There really should be a release button, to make the farmers more happy.

Also, how do you like the quest and the acquisition of your egg? (If applicable)

Fair enough, they indeed need to do something about the whole DNA decay, I wouldn't oppose adding some depth to the whole system but that shouldn't necessarily mean we need to micro-manage in the most inconvenient way to keep our stuff intact. As you've said they need to reward the players that use these items, not punish the ones that don't care for tamagochi mechanics.

As for the quests, I love the system itself and think it should be expanded so that it would include all the RNG-based exclusive items that you need to go farm through endlessly, which would both eliminate the frustration and stress the RNG causes, and replace the suggestion of adding a "ticket system" which would cheapen the game to be honest.

For the kubrow quests in particular, I agree with you, they could've made it more complex and more enjoyable, but it's off to a good start I'd say seeing as the update was rushed and seemingly half-finished.

Fair enough, they indeed need to do something about the whole DNA decay, I wouldn't oppose adding some depth to the whole system but that shouldn't necessarily mean we need to micro-manage in the most inconvenient way to keep our stuff intact. As you've said they need to reward the players that use these items, not punish the ones that don't care for tamagochi mechanics.

As for the quests, I love the system itself and think it should be expanded so that it would include all the RNG-based exclusive items that you need to go farm through endlessly, which would both eliminate the frustration and stress the RNG causes, and replace the suggestion of adding a "ticket system" which would cheapen the game to be honest.

For the kubrow quests in particular, I agree with you, they could've made it more complex and more enjoyable, but it's off to a good start I'd say seeing as the update was rushed and seemingly half-finished.

Let's not jump to a whole other extreme. RNG is good in many games just not when everything is based upon it. That said some stuff can remain behind RNG but future stuff really should be pushed with quests. The void cannot take any more primes and maybe we could have void quests and whatnot for end-game.

Also, for the Kubrow quest, do you like where it is at now? Should it be made harder/for end-game?

Specifically speaking, what would you add to the quest?