Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Take Out The Stasis Cooldown Mechanic.

dancingknight

The requirement to wait three hours before you can use a kubrow after it comes out of stasis flies in the face of everything that made Warframe fun. Imagine if they implemented the same mechanic for switching sentinels or god forbid, warframes?

I would have thought that this would be the most controversial aspect of kubrows but people seem pretty cool with it. I am okay with all the other microtransactions from getting the egg and leading up to actually taking your kubrow out on missions. They are okay in my book because they are one-time transactions that are in line with what has been seen before i.e. wait time for building warframes, weapons etc. The stasis cooldown, however, is going too far in my opinion. 

I feel like this move is a dangerous step towards the monetization practices seen in some other unsavoury F2P games. I shudder to think that someday, you might need to wait three hours to clean your Flux Rifle after you take it out of the weapons rack before you can use it in place of what you have equipped. 

To the mods: Please feel free to move the topic to a more appropriate section. I just wished for it to appear in General Discussion first to gain traction. Apologies for this underhanded tactic.

I am well aware of the pay for convenience method being employed by DE. I've never had a problem with this until now. If you read my post, I actually covered this. Monetizing wait times for building frames, weapons and other items is okay with me.

I think monetizing the act of switching equipment that you've already built (which already uses the pay for convenience structure) is going a step too far. 

No. You chose to stasis it knowing that this would happen. You could have planned around it by pulling it out before bed or something, but your poor planning has led you to a wait.

I for one thank DE for attempting to teach you patience , as this is a valuable lesson in todays society.

I will not dignify your post with a long reply. Please refrain from making wild assumptions about a character of an individual that you know nothing about. Stick to the discussion. This is about the monetization of the basic act of switching equipment.

No. You chose to stasis it knowing that this would happen. You could have planned around it by pulling it out before bed or something, but your poor planning has led you to a wait.
I for one thank DE for attempting to teach you patience , as this is a valuable lesson in todays society.

I thought they added this so people can't stasis kubrow, get daily reward, then take out kubrow (thus avoiding the health drop) without some kind of punishment.

Doesn't seem that bad to me, what situation have you gotten in that you requires your Kubrow ASAP after you froze em?

I thought they added this so people can't stasis kubrow, get daily reward, then take out kubrow (thus avoiding the health drop) without some kind of punishment.

Doesn't seem that bad to me, what situation have you gotten in that you requires your Kubrow ASAP after you froze em?

Health decaying is one of the worst possible mechaincs that DE could think of. In the first place.

Well they should at least reduce it to something like 15 minutes.. (15minutes to take it out and 15 minutes to store it back to the fridge or so) so you can at least take it on random alerts or something... Waiting 3 damned hours is much longer than most people even play daily.. Most people log in for an hour or two and then log out and do something else.

They really designed this to be a Veteran toy or a huge Plat sink for convenience.

This is just driving average players away from even using Kubrows. ^^

And the combination of having the degrading health bullcrap on top of that... It's designed to be as annoying as possible for everyone not piling up on Credits and Resources... or having plenty of time.

Edited by MeduSalem

They implemented it to stop people exploiting stasis, not monetizing switching. Please consider all sides carefully before making assumptions like I've seen in this post by some users.

Edit: I do however agree that it is too long.

Edited by Evanescent

Keoul, thank you for keeping it civil.

The kubrows, like all other weapons, frames etc. in the game, are specialized. One is for stealth, another is geared towards survivability and so on.

As such, one breed is better at a specific kind of mission. This would entail that to maximize its usage, you would switch whenever a missions calls for it. 

I may be making too big a deal out of this but I truly feel that this is a step in the wrong direction. 

There's quite a few people who enjoy the heath drain mechanic. It ensures that you can kill it off if you dont want it as an added bonus.

Takes too long to kill them imo. Would love to have some mechanic that allows me to get rid of my unwanted Kubs.

They implemented it to stop people exploiting stasis, not monetizing switching. Please consider all sides carefully before making assumptions like I've seen in this post by some users.

Edit: I do however agree that it is too long.

Please don't tell me you truly believe that its purpose is to stop exploits. Everything is stored server side. There is no reason that a fix couldn't be implemented wherein stasis can't be abused even without the wait times. 

There's quite a few people who enjoy the heath drain mechanic. It ensures that you can kill it off if you dont want it as an added bonus.

That's why DE should have added the quest for releasing the Kubrows to the wild from the very beginning. It wouldn't have needed any fine missions and animations stuff yet if they haven't had enough time to do it... just a simple button saying "release to the wild" would be enough for most people currently. They can always work out a real quest for it the coming weeks/months.

Edited by MeduSalem

Change the way DNA degradation works and remove the need for the recovery. Why punish others because some are too cheap to buy injectors and would rather abuse the system to avoid it. I change sentinels all the time for different missions. Don't see why I shouldn't do the same for Kubrows.

That's why DE should have added the quest for releasing the Kubrows to the wild from the very beginning.

Yea, that's totally just as fun as slowly watching it starve to death as you peer into the very depth of its soul as it takes it last breath, all the while trying to hide how happy you are that its finally dead.

Totally as fun.

Maybe impkement an ol yeller mechanic.

Edited by Lira_515

What about for picking the right breed for the right job? Say you have a raksa kubrow and you are about to do a capture so you want to take a sunika, what then? Or if you want to be stealthy and want to bring a huras?

I don't see why DE have implemented this feature. It may may the stasis feature seem more grounded in reality but Warframe is obviously far from reality.

With all of the talk on previous Dev streams about caring for Kubrows the 3 hour wait, health degeneration and patting only when you need to gain loyalty really makes users just stasis them over night, bring them out in the morning and never pat them unless needed.

Sorry but the cooldown makes sense. Kubrows are a more combat powerful companion and as such come with disadvantages because they are actual living creatures. I'm fine with the cooldown. Maybe shorten it by an hour but over all if you can't wait 3 hours or prepare yourself ahead of time for when you need your kubrow then don't bother with kubrows.

You try being prepared to run a marathon after being put on ice for a while. They need time to recover.

Sorry but the cooldown makes sense. Kubrows are a more combat powerful companion and as such come with disadvantages because they are actual living creatures. I'm fine with the cooldown. Maybe shorten it by an hour but over all if you can't wait 3 hours or prepare yourself ahead of time for when you need your kubrow then don't bother with kubrows.

You try being prepared to run a marathon after being put on ice for a while. They need time to recover.

Valid points there. However, in reply to this, I will echo Medusalem in saying that all that it achieves is annoy people and drive them away. Not everyone has time to play the game for hours each day. 

Edit: Further, as I mentioned before, the kubrows are specialized and as such, favor quick switching.

Edited by dancingknight

Kubrows need to be as convenient to switch between as a Sentinels, otherwise why use them?

Until then Kubrows will remain nothing more than Mastery XP. Build, rinse, discard.

The cooldown needs to be reduced.

An option to delete\retire\blend unwanted duplicates is also needed.

Please don't bring real life comparisons into this. If they ever intended for it to be that way they wouldn't include a function to speed up the process by paying plats. So if I give the runner $10 suddenly he'll be able to run the marathon immediately? I don't think so. This is just a game. No need for realism here that serves only to annoy people.

Why can't people grasp the concept of switching between the Kubrows regularly for different purposes? Yeah, I'll go ahead and prepare ahead of time and let out my Sunika for that Capture alert that will appear tomorrow when I play. Well this can totally be settled by not using them and stick to sentinels instead. I'm sure DE would love the fact that one of the features they worked hard on releasing is not being used at all out of sheer annoyance.