Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I Still Dont Understand About U14

bones7056

(sorry if not GD read the guidelines didnt seem to not fit here but not 100% sure where to post this if a better place then by all means move it) 

Something that was said in the dev stream right after the release of U13 "kubrows are 90% done" At the time it seemed like they were going ot be the biggest part of U14 so i was unclear why it would be 2 months+ for something very near finish, now as we all know there is much bigger things in it.

Theres no doubt that the kubrow system is flawed at best but this isnt a feedback post. 3 months of work after something is 90% done to me just doesnt add up. So what else was done in that time? The ship, the HUD, solar rails, and prologue? The first three we indeed a huge project fro them no doubt, but (again not feedback more from what i have read general feelings of the majority of players) havnt gone so well. We all know the problems so i wont bring them up because the question i want to ask is, How did it take them 3 months for this? 

Not to mention the bugs that still affect just about every match any player is in not even related to U14.

TLDR what has DE even been doing? 3 months of work for a handful of things that each themselves seem about half finished even now. 

(sorry if not GD read the guidelines didnt seem to not fit here but not 100% sure where to post this if a better place then by all means move it) 

Something that was said in the dev stream right after the release of U13 "kubrows are 90% done" At the time it seemed like they were going ot be the biggest part of U14 so i was unclear why it would be 2 months+ for something very near finish, now as we all know there is much bigger things in it.

Theres no doubt that the kubrow system is flawed at best but this isnt a feedback post. 3 months of work after something is 90% done to me just doesnt add up. So what else was done in that time? The ship, the HUD, solar rails, and prologue? The first three we indeed a huge project fro them no doubt, but (again not feedback more from what i have read general feelings of the majority of players) havnt gone so well. We all know the problems so i wont bring them up because the question i want to ask is, How did it take them 3 months for this? 

Not to mention the bugs that still affect just about every match any player is in not even related to U14.

TLDR what has DE even been doing? 3 months of work for a handful of things that each themselves seem about half finished even now. 

Do you know how much time it takes to model, texture and program stuff? it takes a long &#! time.

There will always be problems with it. 

As a developer, I can tell you that the testing and ctrl phases of development can easily be double or triple the amount of time it takes to develop something.  That's often why you never see perfect rollouts - we devs hate testing.  I'm a huge fan of community QA where a separate environment is opened and users can go in and try to break our updates in as many creative ways as they can.  A few weeks of community testing is FAR more valuable and productive than devs testing their own work.

Well, of course it takes a long time to make all this stuff you see in U14. They had to reanimate the liset stuff, add in Mirage, add in Kubrows, add in the new melee weapon, redo the whole UI, redo the sounds, and do QA stuff. DE released it buggy because they used the excuse that this game is in "beta" and wanted to get out the content out ASAP so they can fix the bugs they have missed.

As a developer, I can tell you that the testing and ctrl phases of development can easily be double or triple the amount of time it takes to develop something.  That's often why you never see perfect rollouts - we devs hate testing.  I'm a huge fan of community QA where a separate environment is opened and users can go in and try to break our updates in as many creative ways as they can.  A few weeks of community testing is FAR more valuable and productive than devs testing their own work.

That explains a lot of things... :) (I did some Java stuff,so I feel this a little,even if it's just a beginning for me)