Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do My Eyes Deceive Me, Or...

Kappatalist

Is the Eclipse Alliance suddenly awesome?  Is this the same Eclipse?

If I recall, they used to run with 50% taxes or such, and a lot of people didn't like it... now they hold a Pluto node, and they levy no tax?

Bravo, folks.  Eclipse guys, if you're reading this, thanks.

They made a lot of people..... not like them.... for their high tax rates. So they probably just laid low for a while, give new players time to show up and not know the reputation so they'll support Eclipse. Then we'll see half the dark sector nodes at 50%+ taxes.

They made a lot of people..... not like them.... for their high tax rates. So they probably just laid low for a while, give new players time to show up and not know the reputation so they'll support Eclipse. Then we'll see half the dark sector nodes at 50%+ taxes.

hate to burst your bubble, but half the nodes out there already are..... and its not eclipse behind it.

If I recall, they used to run with 50% taxes or such, and a lot of people didn't like it... now they hold a Pluto node, and they levy no tax?

They always had some nodes for cheap and then others with high rates.

That was their "tactic."

Since it's clear the age of 0% taxes is done, can we at least get a consistent 100% tax rate from the controlling alliances.

Honestly it would be better if everyone could stop expecting credits/resources from dark sectors entirely; that way you can just go in expecting affinity and nothing else. No disappointment.

That said, anyone know if 100% tax is possible? Or is there some cap?

hate to burst your bubble, but half the nodes out there already are..... and its not eclipse behind it.

Oh are they? Hm. I guess I just don't really pay attention to dark sector nodes cause I farm the Void instead for credits. Prime parts, exp, and I dont have to worry about some random alliance/clan taking my resources and credits away.

The funny thing is that Eclipse's taxes were lower then what most alliances are putting as their taxes. Some nodes were 50% to begin with because people were unknowing of other people's reaction to that tax. Most of them averaged out to 15%credits 5%resources a lot lower then what some clans are putting up. On the last three nodes it went up to 70% tax because they were going to lose the rails any way.

Since it's clear the age of 0% taxes is done, can we at least get a consistent 100% tax rate from the controlling alliances.

Honestly it would be better if everyone could stop expecting credits/resources from dark sectors entirely; that way you can just go in expecting affinity and nothing else. No disappointment.

That said, anyone know if 100% tax is possible? Or is there some cap?

Yes it can go that high.

Edited by Postal_pat

From what I understand a number of current clans/alliances (i.e. ICE) were formed from members of Eclipse after their falling out and that the only people left in Eclipse are the non-greedy members.

Also, if Eclipse keeps their promise they'll be handing their Pluto node to SC (if they manage to get a rail up).

And on another note, Eclipse was never bad. They made many people very rich off their battle pays. It was only when they realized that there is no point to spend the time and effort in maintaining a rail and making people rich when all it does it make the community hate you with zero profits. (Clans literally make NOTHING off the rails, all the credits/resources go into their vault which can only go back into rails and/or clantech).

And on another note, Eclipse was never bad. They made many people very rich off their battle pays. It was only when they realized that there is no point to spend the time and effort in maintaining a rail and making people rich when all it does it make the community hate you with zero profits. (Clans literally make NOTHING off the rails, all the credits/resources go into their vault which can only go back into rails and/or clantech).

I don't think anyone understands this.

Back to the pitchforks/witchhunts/conspiracy theories.

Enjoy it while it lasts. LoTE is probably going to levy megataxes on it if they take it, and since they're contesting it now...