Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Normal To Feel Sleepy Playing Endless Defense Or Survival?

Niryco

Something is wrong with me, after playing this game for more than a year and seeing all these changes, somehow or rather playing survival or endless defense makes me sleepy.

Usually i could go on to about 30 to 40 or 60 minutes a-ok pumped and ready to kill even more enemies, waves maybe 30 to 45. However as of late, even getting past 5 minutes for survival or 10 waves in defense, i start to yawn. Once it is 10 to 15 minutes i start to drift and there were times i just slept right in the midst of combat for about 3 minutes.

Although i keep trying to stay awake, so that i can end up to around 30 minutes as the standard time, going past 30 minutes is hard now simply because when i become sleepy everything becomes so sloppy and slow.

Is this like normal? To feel sleeply surviving? Even going survival solo i become sleepier even faster and having ventured through the solar system, playing each survival map again and again, I am starting to sleep faster and faster.

But what is even more odd, i am killing about 2 to 4 times more than i did O.O Last time kills ranged from 100 to at most 300 but now even at 30 minutes i am getting roughly 600 to 700 kills, i don't know what is happening but feeling sleepy, dying more but getting more kills..... 

Can't play survival anymore too since i usually request leaving at 15 minutes before i start dosing off infront of my keyboard, is there also anyway reduce the sleepiness or well to improve my mental stamina? Even sleeping for 10 hours straight, i would still zone out within the same span of time before going to sleep.

Help anyone?

Inject pure caffeine extract into your eyeballs.

Tried drinking coffee and tea and it only seems to work for just one mission before i start dozing off, but that is around 25 minutes before the effects wear off. Also how can i inject caffeine extract into my eyeballs?

Speak to a doctor about the problem. Even if it's just a contained incident, it could be the start of a sleeping or an attention disorder.

By no means am I a medical professional, this is just my suggestion.

Now i am scared, will try to ask my doctor on it.

Edited by Jacate

use less op wepons?

if your killing everything super fast and its really easy i can see how it would be boring, using a more challenging wepon could keep you awake

I use alot of weapons, from lanka, to my braton prime beloved, to newly built weapons and re-ranked, even my newly built atticus made me sleepy in about 10 minutes into apollodrous. Managed to get to 20 minutes but couldn't hold it any longer, but atleast gained about 11 levels.

Tried drinking coffee and tea and it only seems to work for just one mission before i start dozing off, but that is around 25 minutes before the effects wear off. Also how can i inject caffeine extract into my eyeballs?

Now i am scared, will try to ask my doctor on it.

I believe he was joking about the eyeball part. . .

Personally, you should see your doctor, because while it may not seem as apparent as it is, there are a /lot/ of problems that affect people the most when just playing a simple (And warframe's definitely the bane of an epileptic) video game. There's even instructions for health "If you start to feel fatigued while playing take a 15 minute break, take a 15 minute break at least every hour, see your doctor if you have any concerns."

My friend and I get that sometimes too. It's been only 20 minutes in but it seems like an hour has passed. I think I fell asleep as well during T3 or T4 Survival.

Granted it doesn't make us sleepy, but it gets boring.

Does this happen with any other game that you play for 30-40 minutes w/o breaks?

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol

This happens to me all the time. Has to do with repetitive actions/behavior being soothing. After a while your brain figures that it's repetitive enough that it doesn't need to maintain focus on it to actually do it. Sort of like autopilot in a sense.

It's an every now-and-then sort of thing too. Usually if I'm playing solo, don't have people to chat with over teamspeak, etc.

When you get really used to something, your mind has to work less and less to do it well.

Yes it is natural since it is really boring.

You should pay a try to Interceptions, at least you have to keep your mobility ^^

My speed sure becomes more usable in interceptions, but not really interested in interception.

This happens to me all the time. Has to do with repetitive actions/behavior being soothing. After a while your brain figures that it's repetitive enough that it doesn't need to maintain focus on it to actually do it. Sort of like autopilot in a sense.

It's an every now-and-then sort of thing too. Usually if I'm playing solo, don't have people to chat with over teamspeak, etc.

When you get really used to something, your mind has to work less and less to do it well.

My friend and I get that sometimes too. It's been only 20 minutes in but it seems like an hour has passed. I think I fell asleep as well during T3 or T4 Survival.

That is the exact feeling i get, but it is like combatting auto-pilot and performing all the dodges too.

Dude you have been playing a year and it is normal to get burned out.It is really normal. Go play something else or take a break from video games.

Now getting onto BF4 and borderlands, but the sleepiness sometimes pops up too, last time for another game world of tanks it was similar where i fell sleepy, but atleast the exhaustion is justified because i would have been playing 5 to 8 hours a day on average for WOT, for survival it is like the very first match i get on when i come home and i want to sleep.

Edited by Jacate

I have the same problem.  Most of them are pretty boring til at least 20 mins / wave 20

Does this happen with any other game that you play for 30-40 minutes w/o breaks?

Some times it does for BF 4 or borderlands, but it would be about a few hours maybe 5 hours to 10 hours before i feel like i want to sleep.

Warframe is different, the very first game even after waking up from a 10 hours sleep makes me want to sleep all over again.

Some times it does for BF 4 or borderlands, but it would be about a few hours maybe 5 hours to 10 hours before i feel like i want to sleep.

Warframe is different, the very first game even after waking up from a 10 hours sleep makes me want to sleep all over again.

The problem seems to be that these missions are the only ones you do (although I may be wrong). It helps to do alerts as they appear, and switch around your loadouts often that way you never really get used to anything.

The problem seems to be that these missions are the only ones you do (although I may be wrong). It helps to do alerts as they appear, and switch around your loadouts often that way you never really get used to anything.

I do those often too, since my cash levels are low and i need to sustain me two lovely Kubrows (well one at a time that is) but once i click survival or endless defense, it just starts again, also the reason i mostly do survival is to farm for rare mods to trade for plat and exp(efficient exp).