Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Grenades Need More Utility? Rework - Flashbang, Concusion, Emp

OrphanMaker

Sup, I have been playing and notice how funny it looks when an enemy throw a grenade. It's funny because you know it will never hit you. What I have been thinking is it needs more utility. The enemy grenades should not be about dealing damge because we easily avoid them. I think enemy grenades should be wide radius utility devices.

The enemies should have flashbang, concussion, and maybe EMP, radial disarm and force tenno to melee only for 10 seconds, grenades I think these type of grenades will help the corpus and grineer better with their cover tactics

Please post any other grenade ideas if you have them.

PS please add a red blink animation to them the flash faster and faster to detonation, and a sound effect the beep with each flash. This will warn players of the position of the grenade. Also the grenades can flash a different color depending on the type of grenade. Green - flash, yellow - concussion, and red - EMP.

Grenade is a thrown grenade with hud and sound cues

Box is a boxed placed on the ground by an enemy. This box have an area of effect cloud that affect enemies in it radius. This box will be placed by a higher up enemy to support themselves and lesser enemies.

+ means I am sure about this idea

x means I am not sure about this idea

+Flashbang 3 secs - screen white: Blast radius

+Concussion 5 sec - slowdown: Blast radius

+EMP 10 sec - melee only: Blast radius

+Smoke 7 sec - obscure vision: Creates large cloud of black smoke- moving through it procs obscure: Aoe cloud

+Impact - completely remove shields, no timer it will go back up as usual

xEMP2 5 secs - can not use powers and will stop all powers/ does not leech energy: Create radius of effect - for 10 seconds         where grenade detonated: Aoe cloud

+Molotov cocktail - Explode into big aoe fireblast.

xLeech grenade - creates area of effect, last for 10 seconds - when tenno is in aoe player energy is drained: Aoe cloud

xShield/armor grenade or shield/armor box increases enemies shields/armor by 10x in grenade aoe - grenade last for 10s - enemies glow eximus color, become like valkyr: Aoe cloud

xHealth grenade, or health box -heal enemies in small bursts of 50: Aoe cloud

Maybe combine shield/armor grenade with health...

xDamage grenade or box. Enemy places box down and every enemy in the aoe cloud have an enemy buff.

xInvisibility grenade or box - Enemy places box down and every enemy in aoe cloud become invisible. Slightly see able.

+Arc trap land mind, flicker red light, beeps before detonation - arc energy for 3 seconds then disappear.

Edited by OrphanMaker

I like the idea of concussion grenades, at least mainly following how they act in other games, which is drastically reducing speed and panning speed. I think this mechanic would be a new challenge to players, as it has yet to be seen.

The grenades really require a better indicator than just the metallic clang. It can be impossible to hear while the game music is playing at default settings.

So now you post your ideas in General Discussion?

Should this thread not be in General Feedback?

Actually, Fan concepts is probably where it belongs. On topic, I like the idea of utility grenades that won't 1 shotyou in a t4 defense even when you are in a snow globe. Edited by Imaru12

Actually, Fan concepts is probably where it belongs. On topic, I like the idea of utility grenades that won't 1 shotyou in a t4 defense even when you are in a snow globe.

If it in the wrong place I do not mind it being moved. That up to the moderators. I just wanted the feedback area to see it first. Because it is feed back on the enemies grenades.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Post on topic or do not post at all

Sorry, but I have to point out how ironic that is. >.>

Actually, Fan concepts is probably where it belongs. On topic, I like the idea of utility grenades that won't 1 shotyou in a t4 defense even when you are in a snow globe.

This really seems to be the most OP part of defense missions. The fuse and range is too short to reliably dodge them, and they can spam throw those things down range. I hadn't thought of utility grenades helping to allieviate that.

If it in the wrong place I do not mind it being moved. That up to the moderators. I just wanted the feedback area to see it first. Because it is feed back on the enemies grenades.

I do not know if you know this, but General Discussion is not the feedback section at all. I know it may seem that way at times.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Post on topic or do not post at all

Well, it would take off the stress of the moderators to post in the correct section, for one. 

You have to ensure that the different grenade lights and sounds are distinctive and visible (or audible, for sound) enough, or else it is going to be quite a bad day trying to differentiate which grenade is which (or even see where is it), with all the powers being used and particle effects and whatnot. 

And I rather have different enemies use different grenades than have every enemy that can throw a grenade have a chance to throw any type of grenades (e.g.: Grineer Lancers will throw both Plasma or Concussion grenades, Commanders [if they do throw grenades] throwing both flash and EMP grenades). At least there would be a bit of predictability with these enemies (from the unpredictability of choosing which type of grenade to throw). 

Flashbangs are a no, it's already frustrating enough when G3 does it so there's no reason for regular cannon fodder to be able to do it as well.

The concussion grenades would be interesting, same with the EMP ones. I assume those would only scramble vision/HUD, energy drain grenades would be terrible. A grenade indicator would be a must with these changes. The disarm grenades are a cool idea, it would be interesting to see how those affect gameplay. These could also be roller types as well, it would make those a little more dangerous. I'm still hoping Nervos comes back.

Also, GD isn't a feedback area btw.

I would support this if the idea were fleshed out a bit more.

I would even go so far as to say that I would personally prefer grenades being used instead of Eximus mobs. Fire wave grenades with a long fuse and a flashing HUD marker, allowing Tenno to take cover behind barriers, would be heaps better than having Arson Eximus mobs that are mowed down anyway. Electric Shield-creating grenades on short timers would do wonders for the enemy as opposed to Arctic Eximi who are a moveable annoyance requiring little challenge with an AoE weapon, but actively annul gunplay, to propose a few short examples.

Current grenade: No indicator, no sound, no color, took half a second to explode after hitting the ground, oneshot you(yay difficulties), oneshot your teamates trying to revive you, oneshot you again after you use a revive, oneshot your dog, oneshot your sentinel, oneshot your pod, oneshot your mobile system.

It's awesome

I would support this if the idea were fleshed out a bit more.

I would even go so far as to say that I would personally prefer grenades being used instead of Eximus mobs. Fire wave grenades with a long fuse and a flashing HUD marker, allowing Tenno to take cover behind barriers, would be heaps better than having Arson Eximus mobs that are mowed down anyway. Electric Shield-creating grenades on short timers would do wonders for the enemy as opposed to Arctic Eximi who are a moveable annoyance requiring little challenge with an AoE weapon, but actively annul gunplay, to propose a few short examples.

Yeah, having a grenade for all that stuff would look better and be more immersive. I mean having a big fireblast or enemy-snowglobe coming out of no where reaks "Beta!" And it looks terrible too. So hmm... That's your idea "the shield grenade?" If so I will post it!

Edited by OrphanMaker

Current grenade: No indicator, no sound, no color, took half a second to explode after hitting the ground, oneshot you(yay difficulties), oneshot your teamates trying to revive you, oneshot you again after you use a revive, oneshot your dog, oneshot your sentinel, oneshot your pod, oneshot your mobile system.

It's awesome

There is a sound when they land.

Yeah, having a grenade for all that stuff would look better and be more immersive. I mean having a big fireblast coming out of no where reaks "Beta!" And it looks terrible too.

... with a long fuse and a flashing HUD marker...

If that was a point of criticism. I couldn't tell.

I'm all for utility grenades, but only if the system gets actually implemented in as a feature, not as an afterthought as it currently is. Having dedicated HUD elements to mark out grenades, and more ways of reacting to them (such as kicking them back) would ideally come before all these ideas.

Could use a grenade indicator if that occurs.

1) EMP = 100% magnetic proc and drain all energy

Yes

2) Concussion = 100% knock down, movement slow by 85% for 5 seconds.

Yes.

3) Flash bang = 100% chance to blind for 5 seconds

Yes.

4) Life tap = Enemies that shoot you, go straight to your health AND heal themselves.

Yes

5) Incendiary = 100% chance to proc fire.

Yes 

Could use a grenade indicator if that occurs.

1) EMP = 100% magnetic proc and drain all energy

Yes

2) Concussion = 100% knock down, movement slow by 85% for 5 seconds.

Yes.

3) Flash bang = 100% chance to blind for 5 seconds

Yes.

4) Life tap = Enemies that shoot you, go straight to your health AND heal themselves.

Yes

5) Incendiary = 100% chance to proc fire.

Yes 

I don't think people would like the energy zapping. It would most likely make people mad. That why I said it would radial disarm you, or take away your ability to use your abilities for 10 seconds.