The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do People Feel About Quickening(Corrupt Mod) Usefulness?

JacobLittle

How do people feel about this mod.

Is -80% too harsh?(Seems that way) Should it be 25% or less?

How would you improve this mod?

How fast do you run out of energy? Extremely fast or fast or moderate? How many seconds?

What do ye think?

Edited by JacobLittle

All the channeling mods with negative effect on channeling efficiency, excluding life strike and corrupt charge, are pretty much useless.

I have to disagree here. On a weapon like the scindo or a the fragor/magistar quickening definitely earns its keep. Also parry and warriors grip work well together too. It really depends on the player/weapon what you can do with mods.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

^whats the aspd one? i think you forgot to add that one

aspd on crit

anyway back to OP

i never use channeling....never....ever...and i do massive damage without it already

so i dont mind the negative channel efficiency

true punishment works well with crit mods/berserker.

I'm not a fan of channeling in general. Even with good channeling efficiency I don't feel like the damage boost warrants the loss of energy. i think the utility of most powers outweighs the single target damage boost. If channeling took energy over time I think it would be more useful than energy per hit, but that's just me. 

And I think quickening exemplifies this problem. It boosts your attack speed but drastically increases the amount of energy you use per hit, and if your going quantity over quality (in terms of hits) the damage boost of channeling probably isn't going to be that great. So you hit a bunch really really quickly and then you're out of energy and can't do anything. 

aspd on crit

anyway back to OP

i never use channeling....never....ever...and i do massive damage without it already

Beserker isn't a channeling mod. Also, referring to what Peanut said, Parry does not have a negative effect on channeling efficiency, and neither does Berserker.

Also, I'd rather take Berserker + True Steel on a weapon with 10% crit than take Quickening. Sure you are "counting on a crit" but a single crit with Berserker is more attack speed than Quickening gives, and it stacks up to 3 times.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I'm not a fan of channeling in general. Even with good channeling efficiency I don't feel like the damage boost warrants the loss of energy. i think the utility of most powers outweighs the single target damage boost. If channeling took energy over time I think it would be more useful than energy per hit, but that's just me. 

And I think quickening exemplifies this problem. It boosts your attack speed but drastically increases the amount of energy you use per hit, and if your going quantity over quality (in terms of hits) the damage boost of channeling probably isn't going to be that great. So you hit a bunch really really quickly and then you're out of energy and can't do anything. 

I guess it is good for that one hit of that super slow hardhitting weapon....also lifestrike all of the things.

quickening is pretty much only useful for coptering since u dont spend energy so long as u arent hitting anyone. i find it particularly useful on corpus planet maps since theres alot of ravine tiles that r just a little bit too large for a fury zoren

Edited by lkkie

aspd on crit

anyway back to OP

Berserker, and it's not a corrupt mod. It doesn't have a drawback just increased attack speed on crit for x amount of time.

Beserker isn't a channeling mod. Also, referring to what Peanut said, Parry does not have a negative effect on channeling efficiency, and neither does Berserker.

Also, I'd rather take Berserker + True Steel on a weapon with 10% crit than take Quickening. Sure you are "counting on a crit" but a single crit with Berserker is more attack speed than Quickening gives, and it stacks up to 3 times.

^whoops good catch on that

just checked the mod

I like to use Fury + Berserker + Quickening to be able to copter with slower melee weapons as well as speeding up combos/finishers, chain hit multipliers.

The only downside is that when used on fast weapons, sometimes I end up traveling really far while doing a combo.

It's really nice when used together with Energy Vampire or with warframe builds that spend little to no energy on abilities.

I never build for channeling. I typically run without Flow and if Im using Flow, I am using QT or extremely high power strength chars like my Saryn ( i have not switch to a - aura yet)..

So I don't need to channel unless life striking and my Ichors already go fast enough...

ZWejrr4.jpg

Edited by fatpig84

*edit - berserker is not a corrupt mod.

anyway back to OP

Bonuses of Channeling mods do not apply when you are not channeling.

How do people feel about this mod.

Is -80% too harsh?(Seems that way) Should it be 25% or less?

How would you improve this mod?

How fast do you run out of energy? Extremely fast or fast or moderate? How many seconds?

What do ye think?

I'd really tone that down as is. But then again, at its current rank (according to WFBuilder), since heavy weapon are so darn slow, I would boost max attack speed to 80 for 40 percent(the channeling efficiency of maxed out focus energy). I really do not like quickening at all, and wish they would revert fury back to 60 percent at max rank, with quickening being for those that need/want more speed, but at a higher cost energy-wise.

I really do not like relying on channeling for anything - that's just asking for trouble and makes the assumption you'll have energy on-hand at all times - not the best way of thinking when fighting the infested, for instance, and those cursed disruptors. I prefer pure damage over channeling - channeling, I believe, should be used for extraordinary things like swinging a massive hammer (for instance) inordinately fast or doing very high damage in emergency situations.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3