Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To The Game, And Man I Love It!

snu69le

Being a RTS and a MMO player I have often found that first person shooter games come up short on the one thing that I enjoy most about them, multiplayer co-op.

Lately ive been involved with a relationship to League of Legends.  I have played the game for a VERY long time and have several accounts. 

The game over time has become to stale for me and while I was complaining about it to my wife's sister, she told me about a game that she had been playing.  Until recently I thought the only two games she played was Starwars a new republic, and StarTrek.

The game she mentioned to me is of course, warframe for the PC. I shrugged it off at first becasue the way she talked about it didn't sound all that appealing. Than she mentioned towards the end of the "its a great game and you should try it" speach she mentioned something to me -

"I only played it a little and what I like most about it is that everyone helps each other, even if they are alot higher level than you are".

This got me thinking, in league your always playing with people of your own skill, when I was level 10 some time ago (years) I played with other level 10 people and it was surprising how bad habits are reinforced in those situations. 

So I went ahead and gave the game a shot, and low and behold after alot of downloading and patching etc. I installed the game exactly 1 day after its major patching to 14.1.etc.

I played for a few hours, though wow what a neat game, im glad im getting into it.

30 hours of game play later and I am thinking, wow what have I gotten into?  So here I am, certainly a noob going through all the motions, unlocking planets and what not, ive made a few friends, did some bad trades and simply want to say, Thanks for the game.  I will be playing it more and more.

If anyone is interested in playing with me, or has a large (my current clan of just local friends) clan to join and increase my game play altogether (I would like to get into PVP aspect of this game as soon as I get spec'd out to do so) please feel free, more than free, to send me a message and let me game with you more experienced (and glad to say, mature) players.

Thanks for the time and the effort of my bad English, though I am in America my first language is not English.

- Donne.

Good luck on PvP it's a blood bath out there with Tenno ripping Tenno apart, Me I prefer the comforts of home. A dark dingy corridor in a Grineer Galleon as the canons bombard on an unsuspecting ship, my blades sharpened against their armor and my own armor holding up as best it can, it's a tough life being a Ronin with no Lord to serve but it's a life I enjoy if you ever need help just ask, just don't ask about retreating once I begin to get into it. Also grab a stick they can save your life many times over.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

Here is something to keep in mind for a long and healthy relationship with the game!

1. Play for fun, never play to get something. When/if you get bored, take a break

2. The game is constantly getting updated, constructive feedback is always appreciated by the community and the developers!

3. Various things may upset you and if they do, point them out

Warframe is quite a fragile game for now because it has a lot of content but also missing a lot too, enjoy your stay!

EDIT: PVP is great fun but horribly balanced! I play LoL too as well as DotA and the new game mode is certainly great, do not rush into it because it is full of problems unfortunately :/

Edited by noveltyhero

Here is something to keep in mind for a long and healthy relationship with the game!

1. Play for fun, never play to get something. When/if you get bored, take a break

2. The game is constantly getting updated, constructive feedback is always appreciated by the community and the developers!

Warframe is quite a fragile game for now because it has a lot of content but also missing a lot too, enjoy your stay!

well said! You can be in my party and time!

Thanks for the posts. 

I will look forward to playing with some of you later when I can log on. 

I am also glad I started after the update, I don't know what the user experience was like before but its fluid for me now.  I sometimes feel like a kitten on ice or a over filled balloon in vines, but really the game design is good. I was talking with a friend when I got stuck before and the comment I had made was,

"I wish there is a button to press that allows a temporary phase, so that when you are stuck you now go through solid objects and displace slightly, or just respawn as if you jumped off a building into the abyss".

I am most pleased and will play some more tonight, I have a new frame cooking right now (valkyr I believe its called) and I have nearly everything for ember (except the morphics, why is it always the morphics?)

EDIT: PVP is great fun but horribly balanced! I play LoL too as well as DotA and the new game mode is certainly great, do not rush into it because it is full of problems unfortunately :/

Welcome snu, and you really should follow these rules. Everything is said!

Guys,say hello to the new recruit...

tumblr_myc3cqpc6P1t7q7elo1_1280.jpg

"Hi tenno!"

Star Wars: A New Republic?

Nevermind. Welcome to Warframe, mate.

What, you never played SWANR?

To OP. Wow, you basically told my story of getting into Warframe. Well, except for my wife has no sisters.

Edited by modavs

Welcome snu69le. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game :) There are some top fellas in the community to be sure. As with all online gaming communities there is an elitist minority (frankly quite laughable in a game like this), but they thankfully seem to remain just that.

*EDIT* If you need help looking for materials, mods, or just need an extra person in the team, feel free to drop me a line. I'm online most evenings.

Edited by Dualice

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so fast forward into time and space about a month..... I am now lvl 5 and I have learned a thing or two.  Like the Glaive prime is awesome, when its not bugged but getting the stance...well now that the new back to school thing is going on, Friday here I come!

But that all aside as to just say, im getting along well in the game. I have joined a large group of players, called a clan.  This clan is part of a large alliance.  So I am happy to report that I have found doing void missions or getting help is easier than previous experiences.

So now I am moving onto using items like Forma and orokin cell's.  This is a good thing, I like to make my gear Awesome! So I just forma'd my Latron Prime, which is my style of gun and the best all around weapon I have (I do have a paris prime but its.... not what I am after) and instead of using my lvl 30 volt or lvl 30 ashe, im going to level my newly made nyx, after all, all I need to do is use redirection and not play stupidly right?

So Lvl 10ish Latron Prime I go into a level 17-23 Griner level to get some weapon XP, since I hace a maxed +damage to griner mod and can make a decent corosive build.  About half way through this extermination mission I get a flicker... a black tenno comes on my screen.... "You can't escape your past...."  Wth..... this guy is literally kneeling right in front of me... now he is beating the crap out of me... now I am dead?  WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE? LOL The stalker is real, his timing is perfect and he hates me because im a new player.

That was a joke. I referred to OP's mistake in the name of online game Star Wars the Old Republic (SWTOR), which he wrote down as Starwars a new republic (SWANR). 

You are probably right here on this, I don't know the name of the game that she is playing, but it is a combination of MMO and 3rd person shooter.  It could very well be any of the Star Wars games since I don't know much about them.  If there is no game such as New Republic, it is probably the Older, less agile Old republic.

Welcome snu69le. Glad to hear you're enjoying the game :) There are some top fellas in the community to be sure. As with all online gaming communities there is an elitist minority (frankly quite laughable in a game like this), but they thankfully seem to remain just that.

*EDIT* If you need help looking for materials, mods, or just need an extra person in the team, feel free to drop me a line. I'm online most evenings.

Thanks for that, I will add you and perhaps we can get along.

What, you never played SWANR?

To OP. Wow, you basically told my story of getting into Warframe. Well, except for my wife has no sisters.

Awesome, im glad we have something in common other  than being upright monkies that both happen to consume food and breath plant breath.  I am sure we have other things in common, especially when you get a wife. Add me and we can kill things together.

Hey dude need help just hit me up ingame

IGN: Z-Sync

I will add you and Hopefully we can get along! I look forward to killing polygons with you.

hey man i know how it feels to be a noob, at least i remember back in the day, but ill be glad to play with u, and i have 1 thing to say, with ur first fifty play get 1 orokin reactor and one warframe or weapon slot

IGN: lashakanisgod

I apreciate this information!  I was fortunate enough to actually win 40 plat from a warframe streamer on twitch.tv.  His name is blagbare and I have had the opportunity to play with him some and with his winnings I did exactly what you suggested. 

I can say however I didthe ultimate in mistakes, I rushed the making of my first kubrow. I have now decided that rushing things might be the way to go for others, but for me its to costly while I can just be patient. 

I will add you and hopefully we can get along!