The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst For Tysis?

DFliyerz

Question

I initially got the Tysis simply for mastery, but have found while leveling it that it seems to have amazing potential. You can proc any status guaranteed every shot, so I can only imagine how a Corrosive/Viral build would work at high levels. I have a Catalyst that I was saving for a Marelok (can't make it for four days due to research), but I'm thinking it might be great on my Tysis. Thoughts?

EDIT: Additionally, in said four days I will probably be able to afford another Catalyst.

Edited by DFliyerz

9 answers to this question

I'd save it for a Marelok because it's a good gun without a forma and I could one shot T4 enemies pretty easily with the exception of heavies. But I'd say wait for Marelok to be finished and try it out first, than see which one you prefer more.

Tysis is a terrible horrible weapon in my opinion. Status effects are pretty bad, and because of its low damage, poison bleed damage will be extremely low (if you can even have poison damage because of the corrosive base damage).

Do you even Blast proc bro?

No but, addressing the thread starter, I'd say go for it. Tysis is great, and when modded for blast procs you can use it to CC pretty much everything (barrel diffusion and lethal torrent give you 80% chance to fire 3 shots and 100% for two, each of which have their own proc chance). It's proc can get up to 98.5% if I'm not mistaken.

And of course radiation proc turns it into like a mini-chaos maker.

Marelok also has a very high status chance with the correct mods and still has a huge bite. While it will proc Impact/Slash/Puncture some of the time instead, the damage more than makes up for it. Also, the Impact proc is just as useful as a blast proc (and less distracting) and the Slash proc does Toxin's job due to the massive base damage. 

Edited by Cynick

Don't bother with Tysis, Marelok can have 90% proc chance AND very high damage.  

Having said that, need to note that Tysis has useful procs all the time, while Marelock will prock physical effects too.

Edited by Monolake

I would go Tysis If I were you, due to Proc Ability.

Go with a Corrosive, Gas and Electric build. This means with your 100% proc, you can do Toxic damage (through shields), to most enemies in range of the Gas, and Electric will jump and stun enemies, meaning you can make an Awesome CC build. It's what I do with my AkMagnus, and my Boar Prime uses Blast and Electric most of the time.

Corrosive will also reduce the armour of any enemy (which has armour, including ancients), making them easier to kill. Electric will do more damage to robots and machinery, so is good against those damn Fusion Moas... and Gas... well AOE Toxic with 100% chance of poisoning... why not?