Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Avalanche Event Is On Mars?

Chaosdreamer

From a quick google search:

1. On average, the temperature on Mars is about minus 80 degrees F(minus 60 degrees C). In winter, near the poles temperatures can get down to minus 195 degrees F (minus 125 degrees C). A summer day on Mars may get up to 70 degrees F (20 degrees C) near the equator, but at night the temperature can plummet to about minus ...

I'm still wondering about that why avalanche A.k.a ice event being on mars which is quite hot planet? not sure what to think anyone care to explain?

Max surface temperature: 35*c

Mean surface temperature; -63*c

Minimum surface temperature: -143*c 

Mars appears to be ridiculously cold, excluding very limited areas. 

A. The event revolves around the Arctic Eximus, therefore the theme is based on those units instead of their surroundings.

B. Realistically, if Mars were to be habitable by any Corpus at all, they would either have to have really good suits for containing heat OR raise the temperature of the planet to tolerable rates.

Additionally, that's just the temperature of the ground! Mars has very little in the way of atmosphere, so if you were standing outside even at one of the places that was 35*c, you would freeze to death from exposure, since there aren't enough atmospheric molecules around to transmit that heat to your body. And you'd obviously suffocate.

*Looks out window, sees grass* I'm sure it will turn into a freezing tundra soon :D

Of course it will! We're about due for another Ice-Age anyway.

Greenland says 'Hi' with permafrost and lots of snow. 

Is there any actual reason its called "GREEN"-land? I mean, does it even have any... "GREEN" or is it all tundra and frozen wasteland?

Its the equator where I live, we have no seasons

Also, Ninjad on the mars being cold thing. The red colour comes from Iron rusting. This iron came from volcanic rocks that had sulphur, iron and chlorine combined in them. The winds on mars then blew it across the planet

Dont quote me though, I havent read about mars in ages