Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Kubrow Incoming

(PSN)bobbyyug

IMHO, Kubrows are like boats, in the sense that a boat has been defined as 'a hole in the water which you pour money into'.  Kubrows are like that.  Again, IMHO, they're waaay too high-maintenance.

So having to tend to them once every four days is high maintainance? I would hate to see you own a pet of any kind.

So having to tend to them once every four days is high maintainance? I would hate to see you own a pet of any kind.

Well, so far I've spent a hundred thousand credits for stabilizers, and have absolutely nothing to show for it, nor will I-ever.  My Kubrow will always need me continue to buy stabilizers for it-forever.  If I leave the game for more than two or three days in a row, say to take a long weekend with my wife, my tamikubrotchi is designed to suffer because of it.

So having a Kubrow forces me to spend a ton of credits and spend time in-game just about every day ~ and I'm supposed to like this arrangemeeeent.....why?  It sounds like I'm not the one in charge of the relationship, the damn Kubrow is!

And please, please don't equate choosing to support, love and nurture a real living creature with being required to dump time and money into temporarily propping up a set of programming code.  One is a choice, the other is a waste.  I'll level my two current llamadogs for the mastery, then lock'em in stasis until my ship's reactor runs dry.

Now that I understand what's required to maintain them, they're a hole in the water.

Well, so far I've spent a hundred thousand credits for stabilizers, and have absolutely nothing to show for it, nor will I-ever.  My Kubrow will always need me continue to buy stabilizers for it-forever.  If I leave the game for more than two or three days in a row, say to take a long weekend with my wife, my tamikubrotchi is designed to suffer because of it.

So having a Kubrow forces me to spend a ton of credits and spend time in-game just about every day ~ and I'm supposed to like this arrangemeeeent.....why?  It sounds like I'm not the one in charge of the relationship, the damn Kubrow is!

And please, please don't equate choosing to support, love and nurture a real living creature with being required to dump time and money into temporarily propping up a set of programming code.  One is a choice, the other is a waste.  I'll level my two current llamadogs for the mastery, then lock'em in stasis until my ship's reactor runs dry.

Now that I understand what's required to maintain them, they're a hole in the water.

If your leaving for a specific period of time, just put it in stasis. Simple as that. 

If your leaving for a specific period of time, just put it in stasis. Simple as that. 

not that simple, things come up where you may not be able to log in, even missing a day causes decay. causes expense. guess what? this game isn't as important to some people as it is to you, they might not have all that free time to log in every day. things could happen where they are completely unable to do anything with the game.

storms, illnesses, pc dying, real life things get it? better to not even bother with kubrows. too much effort for too little return. and 3 hour recovery from stasis...so even if you do put them in, you won't be able to use one when you want to without waiting. you can defend it all you want, it's still a ridiculous system, a high maintenance system with the only real reward being mastery.

but hey, if this game is your life and you have nothing else...kubrows are no problem.

kubrows eat ingame cash

my lifes in tight situations in the battlefield eats plat

a good kubrow makes tight situations in the game much more lifesaving

let DE make their money now and when things come down in a few month im pleased for a sell button that i can have a good feeling instead of moving them into stasis :-)

and about design, the male kubrows look like this big wild pigs which lived a few thousand years ago :-P but hey, they are practical as said above ... ))

apropo buttons, even thats not the thread for, some dev promised a button for the annoying radio-voice in the background, i wish (im pleased) we can have this asap !!! (no smilie)

Edited by 7ENN0

To the PS4 players, first off I agree about the degradation of their genes and having to inject them, were the Oriken that dumb that they would engineer something that would require maintenance everyday, I don't think so. Sure you can put them in stasis but the point is you shouldn't have to if Oriken technology is that advanced. Secondly don't let anyone tell you they are not powerful because they are, they will pretty much one shot anything once modded correctly, granted their AI still needs some work, but I have found through experience that the Rakasa and Sahasa are the most aggressive of the four, but don't bother with the dig mod, not really worth having on till the mechanic is improved.