The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

It's gonna be amazing until the novelty wears off as it'll be introduced as an (amazing) unfinished project.

/Kubrows

/Melee 2.0

Don't forget guys, we're beta testers. We get the privilege to not only play content as it is being refined and produced, but we also get the privilege to see our input heard and taken into account as we mould and shape the future of the game.

The one thing I wish I could do is forget everything about this game, start a new account, and be awed once again. Always look at new content from the perspective of a new player seeing all of it for free!

It's gonna be amazing until the novelty wears off as it'll be introduced as an (amazing) unfinished project.

/Kubrows

/Melee 2.0

Both kubrows and melee 2.0 were revealed way too early to the community and were rushed under pressure. Now this... this looks well cooked. 

Sees 15 seconds of montage, say well cooked. We will see, fellow Tenno. We will see.

The next devstream will have more info supposedly. The way I see it, this could be either excellent or disastrous, and there's very little way to tell which one right now. I really want it to be excellent though. 

Still, would be more awesome if there were actually wings like this:

Instead of this:

Still, pretty awesome.

With all the customization Warframe has, we could get different wings too. The ones they showed remind me of moth wings.

With all the customization Warframe has, we could get different wings too. The ones they showed remind me of moth wings.

I was wondering about that as well. maybe we can choose different kinds of wings and weps for Space combat. Maybe make a speed wing unit, a power wing unit, and a endurance wing unit. This will also be very interesting in PvP.

Edited by Yazeth

I was wondering about that as well. maybe we can choose different kinds of wings and weps for Space combat. Maybe make a speed wing unit, a power wing unit, and a endurance wing unit. This will also be very interesting in PvP.

We only saw two weapons. There better be more.

I went through a lot of odd phases when I saw this, the ? phase, the o.0' phase, the o.o and '.' followed by a -.- and even -_- phase.  I've settled on the tried and true ^_^  at this point in time, curious, and happily oddly optimistic.

Current personal speculation on my part leads me to these thoughts on how Archwing stuff will work.  I figure all three of these will be things;

- Chance as a random mission change.  We already have missions that swap type midway through, this would just be a further extention of that.

- Invasion related.  Why walk from one ship to another when we can fly there?  Fight off invaders on one ship, blast off, then land on another ship and wreck someone's day.

- Sometimes mission specific;  An Assassination which would inevitably lead up to fighting some giant spaceship boss thingy.

Anyways that aside it looks like it'll be on-rail style rather than open world and, while jarring as Warframe is generally played openly, I'm okay with this potentially being on-rail.  The main thing I'm curious of currently is actual loadout usability in comparison to this feature.  Are our guns/melee weapons going to play any part in this, or will just our mods of the weapons just directly apply to the temporary Archwing weaponry?  How would frame powers work, if at all?

Edit; Can't believe I forgot this point;  Would it have a separate loadout section entirely with unique weapons?

Depending on how it all pans out in accordance with loadouts it'll be interesting for sure one way or another.  The only part that literally did not like was where Excalibur actually used the sword... that stiff janky slashwork just didn't look elegant or fluid at all.

Edited by (PS4)Bobtm0