Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous Damage Resistance Of Ancient Disrupters

PeanutMonster

It seems like the Aura of Ancient Disrupters reduce all damage, exluding Corrosive and Heat, by 90%. For example, my Hydroid usually deals about 400 damage per tick, but when a Disrupter gets close, it only deals about 40 damage per tick. The Aura even nullifies the Gas damage type, which is supposed to be good against Infested! Same happens with Blast damage, it is supposed to be good against Fossilized units, but its damage gets greatly reduced after a Disrupter shows up.

I think that the damage reduction should be removed, because the Disrupters are already able to drag us with their hook and take out all our energy.

EDIT: It seems like Toxin Ancients reduce Poison and Gas damage, Healing Ancients give a small general damage reduction and Disruptor ancients give damage reduction to Warframe Powers and other radial attacks (Penta, Ogris, Angstrum, Castanas, TORID?).

^ Thanks for Neah for clearing that up!

Edited by PeanutMonster

I thought those were the Healers. I think the Healers reduce incoming damage of nearby units by a high percentage. I think the Disruptors allow units around them to drain energy upon hitting the Tenno.

Or I may be wrong. What color is the Ancient when it comes at you?

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Not Eximi... normal Disrupters... they have insane DMG resist that they give to their fellow Infested... i`ve run into this multiple times myself...

They do now? 

I swear every time I fight the Disruptors, they just seem to die quite quickly (and any other Infested within its aura) under my Strun. 

• Toxic Ancients - Do poison damage and gives all nearby enemies poison damage. Ancient and nearby enemies are resistant to poison and gas damage.

Healing Ancients - Links with nearby allies, any damage they take heals the Ancient up to 150% health, and it scales up to reflect having health > 100%. Also reduces damage that nearby allies take.

Healing Ancient now has Fossilized health, to be consistent with the other Ancients (was Infested Armour).

Disruptor Ancients - Aura that reduces radial and power damage taken by nearby allies. Attack damage energy, rather than completely drain it. Attacks of nearby allies have the same effect.

I thought those were the Healers. I think the Healers reduce incoming damage of nearby units by a high percentage. I think the Disruptors allow units around them to drain energy upon hitting the Tenno.

Or I may be wrong. What color is the Ancient when it comes at you?

DisrupterAncientDE.png

With blue auras.

Well the healers should normally do that, and they do it...

But for some reason if the ancient disrupter is above lvl 10 (and they all usually are) then my low-lvl weaps, or weaps not modded for insane damage are laughably weak.

And this has happened more than once to me...

• Toxic Ancients - Do poison damage and gives all nearby enemies poison damage. Ancient and nearby enemies are resistant to poison and gas damage.
  • Healing Ancients - Links with nearby allies, any damage they take heals the Ancient up to 150% health, and it scales up to reflect having health > 100%. Also reduces damage that nearby allies take.
  • Healing Ancient now has Fossilized health, to be consistent with the other Ancients (was Infested Armour).
  • Disruptor Ancients - Aura that reduces radial and power damage taken by nearby allies. Attack damage energy, rather than completely drain it. Attacks of nearby allies have the same effect.

Thank you for posting this!

Using the jump slam usually gives enough time for you to hit them while theyre down as to finish them, slash weps work to some extent too, but not as well as elemental / elemental combos.

We wanted more difficulty, and we got it, I dont like it too, but we can only wait till its changed

Edited by Somedude1000

Using the jump slam usually gives enough time for you to hit them while theyre down as to finish them, slash weps work to some extent too, but not as well as elemental / elemental combos.

We wanted more difficulty, and we got it, I dont like it too, but we can only wait till its changed

Difficulty and challenge should be possible to overcome with skill. You cannot overcome THIS with skill. Note that ancient eximi will have the base powers of ancient units + the power they get for being an eximus unit (life/energy drain, fire aura, poison aura etc..). In high-level survival or defence, you will have almost immortal enemies with one-hit fire auras.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Oh no! Infested do more than run into us and die now? 

Leave them be. They're fine. Infested are still in need of a buff and more variety.

If you prioritize your targets the resists won't ever get that high. Now the Infested can actually overwhelm a squad if they aren't coordinated. Working as intended.

Difficulty and challenge should be possible to overcome with skill. You cannot overcome THIS with skill. 

This is 100% entirely false. Don't be a mindless player. Pick and choose which targets have priority, which is generally the ancients. If your weapons aren't enough to down them in time and they build up, then you need to go to a lower level area and train some more.

This is 100% entirely false. Don't be a mindless player. Pick and choose which targets have priority, which is generally the ancients. If your weapons aren't enough to down them in time and they build up, then you need to go to a lower level area and train some more.

Oh no! Infested do more than run into us and die now? 

Leave them be. They're fine. Infested are still in need of a buff and more variety.

If you prioritize your targets the resists won't ever get that high. Now the Infested can actually overwhelm a squad if they aren't coordinated. Working as intended.

The problem is this: damage types that are supposed to be good become absolutely S#&$ against Infested. Let's take Gas for example. In high-level Defence, there at usually at least 5 of each ancient unit near the pod simultaneously: 5 Toxins ones buffing each other and the other ancients, 5 Healers buffing each other and the other ancients and 5 Disruptors buffing each other and the other ancients.

Now tell me from which one should I start because EVERY enemy in that cluster has 90% resistance to Gas + the general damage resistance from Ancients healers. Note that the RADIAL POISON proc's damage is reduced by every ancient.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Difficulty and challenge should be possible to overcome with skill. You cannot overcome THIS with skill. Note that ancient eximi will have the base powers of ancient units + the power they get for being an eximus unit (life/energy drain, fire aura, poison aura etc..). In high-level survival or defence, you will have almost immortal enemies with one-hit fire auras.

How the hell can't you overcome this with skill? If you mean your skill, I can understand, but you can't generalize it like that.

How the hell can't you overcome this with skill? If you mean your skill, I can understand, but you can't generalize it like that.

The problem is this: damage types that are supposed to be good become absolutely S#&$ against Infested. Let's take Gas for example. In high-level Defence, there at usually at least 5 of each ancient unit near the pod simultaneously: 5 Toxins ones buffing each other and the other ancients, 5 Healers buffing each other and the other ancients and 5 Disruptors buffing each other and the other ancients.

Now, please, tell me from which one should I start because EVERY enemy in that cluster has 90% resistance to Gas + the general damage resistance from Ancients healers + 90% resistance to launchers and Warframe powers from Ancient Disruptors.

Edited by PeanutMonster

So this is all the fun there is? Shoot the support first? Booooring.

I prioritized ancients before U14 and I do the same now. New and buffed infested didn't make me do anything new unlike mutalist osprey. God, I hated that piece of **** but I learned to be more avare of enviroment and enemies/toxic clouds blocking my way, move out of osprey's way and gun it down.

What do I do with ancients? Shoot them. And sometimes dodge. Oh, and they give damage resistance auras, which means infested become damage sponges faster.

I try my best to get rid of the biggest threats if I can, and they're usually ancients. 1 hit fire auras though, sound extremely scary, especially with their ability to grapple. this is only a problem in solo though, because you can rely on teamates to help you up if you  go down in co-op

Healers give 90% (no jokes) damage resistance with their aura

Disruptors give Warframe power and AoE weapon & procs resistance, definitely something >70%.

Toxics have Gas & Toxin resistant aura, but instead of being resistant it just nullfies those damage types (seriously all you'll see is 0 pop-ups).

Mobs under Dusruptors (Disruptor itself included) aura can and will break Bastille.

Want it or not, that Infested buff was absolutely toward to force playes to evade Infested with all the methods they can (like... climb even higher).

And all that "diversity and tactics to prioritize Ancients" this update should have brought, will eventually turn to "You know what? Fck this, i'll just through all this... into Vortex and shoot it with any good non-AoE weapon with Punch Through, hoping that Ancients that somewhere inside will die, so i can finish the rest trash mobs easily".

Edited by Riccoshot

Now, please, tell me from which one should I start because EVERY enemy in that cluster has 90% resistance to Gas + the general damage resistance from Ancients healers + 90% resistance to launchers and Warframe powers from Ancient Disruptors.

Gas isn't very good against the infested anyway because the lesser infested die easily to anything and you'll want Corrosive+Blast or full Corrosive against them to kill the ancients.

Ancient Healers don't give their buff to other ancients. Not sure about disruptors and toxics.

Edited by Naftal

Gas isn't very good against the infested anyway because the lesser infested die easily to anything and you'll want Corrosive+Blast or full Corrosive against them to kill the ancients.

Ancient Healers don't give their buff to other ancients. Not sure about disruptors and toxics.

Blast does knock them down fairly easily, from there you can usually taarget and kill the ancients

They do, but the visual effect of that is not visible because Toxin and Disruptor ancients already have their own auras.

Well, they at least won't get any damage resistance or damaging them won't heal the other healers. Unless this was changed in the last hotfix.