The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Some Underwater Things You Think Would Be Awesome To See?

jennibear

I was out and about looking for cat statues when I got to thinking about the new things that the swimming feature would bring. I was wandering around in ODC and I saw this:

odcunderwater.png

odcunderwater2.png

I was thinking how cool it would be to have that be a tunnel underneath to the next area, or have us swim down underneath to click a button to open the door to the next area. Or have an infested octopus come out and try to grab people who run by, making the team have to shoot the tentacle to free them.

So many cool things i could think of!!

So I ask, what are some things you can think of that would be awesome to have in the water levels?

Edit: Also really want to see this guy put into the game in some way more... (as seen in Orokin Derelict windows):

mouth.png

Edited by jennibear

Fish AI.

fishmoveout4mu4w.gif

No but seriously I would love to see:

-Enemies swimming underwater too

-Corpus water robots?

-Plants and wildlife? Plants that react to you when you get to close

-Dangers like, volcanic holes that release harmful steam etc

Overall I expect all water to receive an overhaul, on Earth the waterfalls should bounce off you etc :/

Edited by noveltyhero

Personally would think coral doors would be interesting. That is, in the natural state, many coral animals are puffed out of their shells, but can crawl back inside when scared.

So, it'd be entirely possible to have "doors" to secret areas that would require you to scare the coral in front of them to make them retreat, revealing the way forward.

There supposedly is this huge creature with tentacles that lives in the Derelicts. In one of the windows, you can briefly see a tentacle pass by.

It'd be awesome if they added an expansion to the derelicts with water levels, and this creature as a bossfight.

Maybe it comes as the hinted J3 Golem! :O

There supposedly is this huge creature with tentacles that lives in the Derelicts. In one of the windows, you can briefly see a tentacle pass by.

It'd be awesome if they added an expansion to the derelicts with water levels, and this creature as a bossfight.

ODA II? =)

it would be boss if they did tiers in Orokin Derelict like they do in void, but the II would be more water focused

A new type of shark-like companion that can replace your Kubrow when you go underwater. And submarine sentinels. 

Forget a shark companion. Just put scuba gear on your kubrow. They are dogs after all who dont have an inherent fear of water like most cats do.

some ideas;

A giant hostile pistol shrimp that knocks out your UI with sonic clicks.

A three eyed vampire squid that attacks enemies that are submerged.

A tenno-ized Eel companion that wraps around your arm on land, and uncurls to attack enemies when underwater.

A giant goblin shark....or just a regular goblin shark really.

Zombified coral-covered grineer controled by brain slugs.

Platforms/elevators made from grineer-armored jellyfish.

Wall-mounted monster lampreys

Entire rooms made from giant sea anemones were you cut or shoot the tendrils to avoid electrical damage.

Grineer attack piranhas.

A kubrow "Fish bowl" helmet.

That's all I got...

Water running - Sprint and slight hop onto the water followed by repeat presses lets you run across the surface all ninja like

Kick-offs - Sort of like bringing the "Charge" attack back. Essentially a "wall attack" but you can simply grab the wall, aim your attack then kick off the wall to drive your attack towards an enemy. (Perhaps chain this with other enemies to kick off their corpses to keep melee flowing fluidly?)

Weapon Restrictions/Changes

Ogris becomes a torpedo-like gun.

Ignis is more or less useless.

Poison weaponry creates a sort of inky smoke wherever it hits

Sentinels - Unique mods that could give them water-related abilities be it attacks or movement

Kubrows - A pipe shaped bar we throw to our Kubrows in which they catch and bite down on, gives them a water filter/breather

======

Hydroid being able to move VERY freely in the water as well. And of course, everyones powers should be altered in some way to accommodate the restricted movements and such, or...just restrict them all...save for Hydroid of course. His should be buffed/changed while in water.

Tempest Barrage - Instead of death raining from above, a torpedo or a few come from below/behind

Tidal Surge - Sped up to the point it's almost like a teleportation since he's already in water that sends an enemy flipping backwards spiraling out

Undertow - Becomes a possession move, you merge with the water, force your way into the enemy lungs/controls and get to control them for a bit

Tentacle Swarm - Release the Kraken. May Gabe have mercy on your souls.

An infested Megalodon :P

I think that's gonna be that Boss they mentioned in Gamescon, the Boss is gonna be the whole map.

Edited by Ricardo58

An infested Megalodon :P

I think that's gonna be that Boss they mentioned in Gamescon, the Boss is gonna be the whole map.

That would be the remake of the J3 Golem. It's basically an entire infested level and he's able to pull you to different locations.

Makes me think of Dead Space and the tentacle thingies dragging you to the pit at the end of the hall for consumption.

Fish AI.

fishmoveout4mu4w.gif

No but seriously I would love to see:

-Enemies swimming underwater too

-Corpus water robots?

-Plants and wildlife? Plants that react to you when you get to close

-Dangers like, volcanic holes that release harmful steam etc

Overall I expect all water to receive an overhaul, on Earth the waterfalls should bounce off you etc :/

what game is that?

As long as Fish AI is as good as Super mario 64 Fish AI... i will be satisfied.....

COD Ghost didn't even have N64 Fish AI >.> Lets see if the DE can bring back my faith in the AI of Fish, since all other Developers have crushed it. ;-;