Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Theory Of Tenno's (And Frames)

SinergyX

I hope that we never fully go into detail about what the Tenno are. I hope we never discover their exact nature, whether they are ethereal or physical, what they look like, all of that. I hope all of that remains ambiguous. Risking sounding like a broken record here, but once more I say this: The Tenno are a blank slate. They're a blank piece of paper for the player to write whatever they wish; their own appearances, their own lore, their own backstories, their own personalities, their own characteristics. While more lore is welcome, going into what the Tenno are specifically I feel would be the equivalent of DE shooting themselves (and the player) in the foot.

Like I said, more lore is always welcome. In fact, lore and story on how the Tenno were specifically created and the nature of their Warframes would be great. But the Tenno themselves... I'd much prefer if that was left ambiguous.

There's no point being mysterious forever on one tiny thing. They have to give us that information sooner or later because at the moment the lore is a total mess and everybody interested and concern enough for the lore has their own version, and everyone else has no clue what so ever. I agree with the players writing their own story but that should come after when DE has build a solid background story to support that. But I think it's great that they have a really broad start to their lore because that way they don't lock themselves up in a linear direction. At the moment everything about the game can be explained in various ways and that's good because they can take their time to pick their direction and chain everything up from there. After they've made sense of it all they can build and enrich the lore by going into details or through additions of new factions and characters etc.

This is all just the beginning of Warframe, I have a feeling this game will go far.

@ PsychedelicSnake and @ Pisirk ...

You both eloquently make your respective case - well done, gentlemen ... 1+ to you both

Even though I find myself irritatingly vacillating, I am reminded that it is often the ASKING of the question more so than its ANSWER that is truly satisfying

What would be optimal is for DE to provide CONSISTENT Lore but retain some pleasant mystery ...

Edited by ElHefe

I think the idea of Tenno being consciousnesses in the form of Energy is the most viable theory right now.

Not really.

The most viable theory right now is that... we don't change the frames. Not lore-wise, at least.

From a universe/story perspective we are just one tenno, stuck on one ship with one warframe. All the switching is done purely for gameplay convenience (imagine you had to create a new character each time you want to try a diff. class, like in other MMOs)

Not really.

The most viable theory right now is that... we don't change the frames. Not lore-wise, at least.

From a universe/story perspective we are just one tenno, stuck on one ship with one warframe. All the switching is done purely for gameplay convenience (imagine you had to create a new character each time you want to try a diff. class, like in other MMOs)

In fact. Mirages quest debunks this. Just sayin. Not hatin.

In fact. Mirages quest debunks this. Just sayin. Not hatin.

There is still too much conflicting information to consider Mirage's quest the big deal breaker. Keep in mind that while you are entirely correct about that quest - there is still craploads of information that is still either far too vague of supportive of the opposite viewpoint.

There is still too much conflicting information to consider Mirage's quest the big deal breaker. Keep in mind that while you are entirely correct about that quest - there is still craploads of information that is still either far too vague of supportive of the opposite viewpoint.

What conflicting information is there?

Everything leads to one person with many suits.

Nowhere im game is there even a hint that you play more than one person going back to when the bosses used to taunt you by using your name.

It's clear that Warframes are suits and you are one person. The only thing that is not clear is how the Tenno are able to use the suits.

IMHO have yet to see any information in-game or from a livestream that suggests that there is a single unique Tenno bound into each frame, I think there are simpler an more obvious explanation for each of the things that people claim suggest that.

Everything IMHO points to a single Tenno per player, Story, progression, game mechanic, lore. However the question remain "how does a single person fit in all those different suits". Personally I think the simplest answer is the most likely:

The Warframe does it.

Why make shape-shifting a function of the Tenno with all that it implies, simply keep the Tenno as "people exposed to the void" and keep the Warframe as "Mystery War Machines from the future-past capable of impossible feats"

Edited by SilentMobius

What conflicting information is there?

Everything leads to one person with many suits.

Nowhere im game is there even a hint that you play more than one person going back to when the bosses used to taunt you by using your name.

It's clear that Warframes are suits and you are one person. The only thing that is not clear is how the Tenno are able to use the suits.

Yeah, i cant find any conflicts too.

Since u14 we have one liset we repair. We get told we shape our energy differently through the frames. We use one forge on our one and only liset to build our whole arsenal. There are no conflicts anymore. There is just one question.

How is this tenno able to switch frames.

Energy tenno? Debunked by embers lore, mag primes lore and vor mentioning tenno corpses. Tenno are humans. Or at least somewhat humanoid.

And again. In DEs first approach dark sector nadja sudek was piloting nemesis. A girl in a man suit. No sign of breasts anywhere. That shows DE is not into gender binded suit pilot relationships.

So i dont know exactly how it works that tenno fit into different frames but they clearly do.

i rwmember that what steve said in regards to we are the tenno was strictly in regards to mastery xp and i believe on the subject of focus mode when we firat caught wind of it. i think it was also some point in the last few streams where steve commented on us not genderswapping or crossdressing and thus why allowing our frames to hang about in our ships was a big deal. liset had been designed with limited space at that point already. 

i highly doubt that there are only fifteen tenno. each tenno being a unique individual and players assuming the identity of them. this wouldnt make sense with two or more of the same frame in any party. that being said.. in the same way there are more than one person on earth contracting any rare disease or having any rare disorder there must be other infectees who end up with the same base abilities as a reaction to technocyte and void. 

now about the kids.. i dont believe wmber was the one that burned her superior. what makes you think she would be standing in front of the same woman she burned?  aldo if that was her how did she find a void ship with herself on it as a kid. i dont have the codex in front of me but iirc isnt kileen the one that found the ship and got burned? and for the sake of my point would they be sending shipS or a single ship of kids. one ship in the history of wf and ok it might be the ship with the original tenno. more than oneship and or more than fifteenkids on it and yah cant say there is only one of each tenno type. 

Edited by T4LCOMX

Where do you read that ember is standing in front of someone? Kaleen is not ember. Kaleen made the first contact with the children on the ship and had to report to her superiors. In that case, the old woman. Kaleen made her first contact with the tenno children on the zariman.

Please read it again.

And please give a link for steve explicitly stating that the player controls multiple tenno.

And no one ever told that there would be only 15 tenno. We just know 15 different frames yet. Thats a big difference. And we, the tenno or a small group of tenno also designed our own frame to use. Nova. No orokin technology. Just us researching.

I recommend watching the movie Moon. If you don't know the plot, clones are involved.

Further I think the player is the Tenno in DEs eyes at the moment. It's weird and unfullfilling, but there it is.

Now ask the following question. What and who made the warfames? The answer is a people who repopulated Earth with batdogs. A people into deep engineering, ruling an Empire outside Sol system. A people who created the gholems. Tenno might be monsters, but what about their creators?

I don't find it unfullfilling at all. At least now every player has his own story and isnt playing just different tenno. It is you. You are the one bringing balance and shaping the world around you at your will.

Go ahead tenno. I sense there will be more memories of the past you will discover in the future. And maybe we will understand our betrayal in some time.

But first we need to get those wings working again.

And play fetch with the bat dogs.

Nanananana batdoge.

Edited by sp33chle55

The lore is so sparse and messed up theres no point in speculation. It'll probably be something really boring and cliche when the lore gets fleshed out though.

The real troubling issue is that the newly awakened Tenno seem reluctant to take extreme steps to win a war. So what if you have to bodyswap or chop of your banana and nuts temporary just to fit into different warframes? If the Tenno arent willing to do what it takes, then I guess the sentients did win and the deep cryo sleep makes more sense. 

The lore is so sparse and messed up theres no point in speculation. It'll probably be something really boring and cliche when the lore gets fleshed out though.

The real troubling issue is that the newly awakened Tenno seem reluctant to take extreme steps to win a war. So what if you have to bodyswap or chop of your banana and nuts temporary just to fit into different warframes? If the Tenno arent willing to do what it takes, then I guess the sentients did win and the deep cryo sleep makes more sense.

You dont need to fit into the frame.

The frame is like water.

If you put water into a cup. It becomes the cup.

If you put water into a bottle. It becomes the bottle.

Be water my friend.

Hell how do i know how it's supposed to work. But i dont think you need to get rid of some bodyparts. Thats just too stubborn of a theory of tenno being like us in our universe.

Edited by sp33chle55

"Not going to chop of my banana for nova. Hell i dont care to be the slowest of us."

-No tenno ever

If youve read earlier Tenno speculation threads youll notice alot of Tenno find the thought of bodyswapping "icky".

The Orokin created a badass ninja entity, probably a human infused into technology (kinda like the Lotus) codenamed Tenno to combat the sentients. The Tenno could swap into different warframes made up of void + technocyte corrupted corpses fused into frames thanks to sophisticated Orokin control modules just like the Void Tower AIs.

The Tenno in turn are controlled by the Lotus, a Tenno overseer, who directs the Tenno, grants advice and helps with logistics. The Tenno are genetically imprinted to obey her commands like a dog without question.

Yet something would trouble the Tenno so deep in their MLG Pro No-scope souls that the Tenno enacted the Gross Panic Defense plan in order to murder all the Orokin and then hit the cryopod without dinner to avoid suspicion or/and consequences. The issue you see, is that the Tenno were forced to swap into girl warframes, and thats just gross.

Edited by sixtyninekaga

Personally, I think we are a team of Tenno. As it has been stated, the Orokin (which are in fact humans if you follow the Dark Sector storyline) went into the Void and contracted the modified Technocyte virus that Hayden Tenno had. Normally, the Technocyte virus would drive people insane from the sheer amount of pain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it essentially turns organic material into bio-technic material. The Orokin from the Void also acquired powers from there, so it would be too conflicting to have a female who controls fire, also morph into a male who controls ice. This is just how I personally see it. It seems the most logical to me. 

i rwmember that what steve said in regards to we are the tenno was strictly in regards to mastery xp and i believe on the subject of focus mode when we firat caught wind of it. i think it was also some point in the last few streams where steve commented on us not genderswapping or crossdressing and thus why allowing our frames to hang about in our ships was a big deal. liset had been designed with limited space at that point already. 

i highly doubt that there are only fifteen tenno. each tenno being a unique individual and players assuming the identity of them. this wouldnt make sense with two or more of the same frame in any party. that being said.. in the same way there are more than one person on earth contracting any rare disease or having any rare disorder there must be other infectees who end up with the same base abilities as a reaction to technocyte and void. 

now about the kids.. i dont believe wmber was the one that burned her superior. what makes you think she would be standing in front of the same woman she burned?  aldo if that was her how did she find a void ship with herself on it as a kid. i dont have the codex in front of me but iirc isnt kileen the one that found the ship and got burned? and for the sake of my point would they be sending shipS or a single ship of kids. one ship in the history of wf and ok it might be the ship with the original tenno. more than oneship and or more than fifteenkids on it and yah cant say there is only one of each tenno type. 

not to keep going but yah when they ask us what flesh is within our warframe and because hayden was human no energy beings sorry

ok. i was confused. i understand the lady with the burned face is being interrogated by some sort of council, board, or jury. the lady with the burned face is kileen who is youngish but NOT ember. she was burned by ember, ember was a child (early distaste for orokin slave masters much?) on a ship that went (sent?) through the void, with the orokin official denying having anything to do with it because it would 'violate procedure'.

this brings to light some important points.

1 the ship was lost making the fold ... so i assume some sort of quantum travel, folding space/time on itself...

if technocyte + void radiation + specific genetic predisposition = possible tenno , then it would be safe to say theyre infecting and experimenting on children, exposing them to the 'void' through which they travel when jumping points in space (leaving them in there? a few days later kileen finds the ship) (does time even exist in the void? could have seemed like forever?)

2. the orokin military's experimentation on people (kids too), and denying responsibility suggest typical government conspiracy type stuff.. hmm.. so perhaps tenno are a secret? kind of like how ninjas were a secret. if there was a campaign it would have to start with going through what happend to them in the labs and the ships, and then becoming a tenno in some futuristic ninja camp. *u*

3. a ship was lost in the void and kids were found on it, ... How may other ships had been sent out there, how large was the ship.. i said fifteen tenno. dont focus on a specific number. there is no telling the amount of tenno that were created and assuming it didnt stop or start with embers ship, why would we feel it necessary to believe that we are one tenno that wears different suits. remember how in some old rpgs you picked ONE guy out of your party to run around with on maps and in towns, and picked THREE to fight with, but they werent all the same guy? yah.

/rant

searching links database..

couldnt find what i was looking for in regards to genderlock

edit: or maybe were just a fleshy lump  that gets loaded into each frame with a tube

Edited by T4LCOMX

Well, i would also say that frames are just armor, we are 1 tenno.

I'll just add the banshee frame on the tenno research lab, its a suit.

Correct me if i am wrong

doesn't make sense since they are all build with organic materials +neural sensors ect they are just individual people you rebuild

If youve read earlier Tenno speculation threads youll notice alot of Tenno find the thought of bodyswapping "icky".

The Orokin created a badass ninja entity, probably a human infused into technology (kinda like the Lotus) codenamed Tenno to combat the sentients. The Tenno could swap into different warframes made up of void + technocyte corrupted corpses fused into frames thanks to sophisticated Orokin control modules just like the Void Tower AIs.

The Tenno in turn are controlled by the Lotus, a Tenno overseer, who directs the Tenno, grants advice and helps with logistics. The Tenno are genetically imprinted to obey her commands like a dog without question.

Yet something would trouble the Tenno so deep in their MLG Pro No-scope souls that the Tenno enacted the Gross Panic Defense plan in order to murder all the Orokin and then hit the cryopod without dinner to avoid suspicion or/and consequences. The issue you see, is that the Tenno were forced to swap into girl warframes, and thats just gross.

Whats so gross on wearing a girly styled weapon? Please explain your problem to me. And dont just tell me 'cross dressing is wrong! You go straight to hell for it.'

So nadja sudek wearing a man suit is cool and stuff. But if a boy needs to wear a girly suit to kick &#!. Everybody loses their minds.

Sorry, i just cant stand such an opinion.

And i never said tenno bodyswap.

The warframe is just too complex to be understood by us. Its fitting every wearer, however he or she is shaped.

ok. i was confused. i understand the lady with the burned face is being interrogated by some sort of council, board, or jury. the lady with the burned face is kileen who is youngish but NOT ember. she was burned by ember, ember was a child (early distaste for orokin slave masters much?) on a ship that went (sent?) through the void, with the orokin official denying having anything to do with it because it would 'violate procedure'.

this brings to light some important points.

1 the ship was lost making the fold ... so i assume some sort of quantum travel, folding space/time on itself...

if technocyte + void radiation + specific genetic predisposition = possible tenno , then it would be safe to say theyre infecting and experimenting on children, exposing them to the 'void' through which they travel when jumping points in space (leaving them in there? a few days later kileen finds the ship) (does time even exist in the void? could have seemed like forever?)

2. the orokin military's experimentation on people (kids too), and denying responsibility suggest typical government conspiracy type stuff.. hmm.. so perhaps tenno are a secret? kind of like how ninjas were a secret. if there was a campaign it would have to start with going through what happend to them in the labs and the ships, and then becoming a tenno in some futuristic ninja camp. *u*

3. a ship was lost in the void and kids were found on it, ... How may other ships had been sent out there, how large was the ship.. i said fifteen tenno. dont focus on a specific number. there is no telling the amount of tenno that were created and assuming it didnt stop or start with embers ship, why would we feel it necessary to believe that we are one tenno that wears different suits. remember how in some old rpgs you picked ONE guy out of your party to run around with on maps and in towns, and picked THREE to fight with, but they werent all the same guy? yah.

/rant

searching links database..

couldnt find what i was looking for in regards to genderlock

edit: or maybe were just a fleshy lump  that gets loaded into each frame with a tube

Mag primes lore further supports the conspiracy theory. The soldier in the entry clearly knows that the tenno existed. They were a myth.

Kept secret by the orokin leaders.

Maybe the orokin were confused to do with the first children. Are they bad? Are they good? Will they destroy us with their unbelievable powers?

Lets find out could have been their answer. Because we still exist. Wearing the weapons of the past. Wearing suits to control our powers.

Bringing balance.