Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Placeholders Do You Dislike In The Game?

Deidaku

For me it's extraction. it should be changed . doesn't make any sense that the grineer or corpus would leave special exits for our Lisets for us to escape. I know it's a game , it doens't always make sense but come on!

+Lisets are too large for them to be side by side that close.....

What is your most hated placeholder?

If it makes you feel any better, the ancients used to look like regular runners/leapers, just slightly bigger.

EDIT:

Video of ye olden times

http://youtu.be/hEz6109Zhwc?t=6m

yeah ive heard. makes me feel worse though that they really arent much better currently. although i really like the darkness of the map tile, that should still be there.

Extraction seems fine in the game who knows the areas where we extract could be storage rooms and Liset broke in to be ready for extract. Also I think extraction placeholder should be one of the low side of what DE needs to do they are focusing on bugs and new weapons and frames , also the archwing update.

On the one hand, your reasonable balance of priorities is really good. On the other hand, I do not believe you can honestly call Warframe's status, "Beta".

Warframe collects cash payments, and is open to the public. I don't think any rational person really cuts DE much slack for their supposed 'beta' status. I certainly don't.

This is an active, fully-functional game. And for that reason, adding content is MUCH less important than taking care of the basics of a real game.

These basics should include:

- unique models for all unique items in the game

- game systems that work (bugs rare, at least)

- a minimum of stupid aggravations (don't get me started)

- a coherent cannon of lore and story

- an active, vibrant story that engages and responds to players

- a sense of progress or growth

The OP was referring to the first item of my unofficial list of glaring flaws in Warframe. This is a great place to start. The respondent listed many things that were more important to the respondent, and I respect that. However, the only item the respondent listed as being more important than placeholders that is on MY list is bug fixes. But I don't think bug fixes are nearly as important as simply finishing the game, which would include replacing all the placeholders.

yeah ive heard. makes me feel worse though that they really arent much better currently. although i really like the darkness of the map tile, that should still be there.

The darkness really did make infested missions more atmospheric and tense, but it was very annoying for gameplay and back then there were threads saying we should have some sort of night-vision. Also for some reason people insisted it be called tenno-vision.

Extraction tiles always bothered me. They look out of date, and they don't make sense whatsoever

specially the one where there's only 1 door and 4 Tenno wanting to get out.

Archwings migh change that:

1) we BREAK a window and jump out

2) Ordis get us OR we deploy Archwing if the Area is too hot for normal extract and meet Ordis away from the danger

If it makes you feel any better, the ancients used to look like regular runners/leapers, just slightly bigger.

EDIT:

Video of ye olden times

http://youtu.be/hEz6109Zhwc?t=6m

This video makes me sad. It actually looks like some kinda horror game, and my computer cannot run it with all the pretty lighting like that so I'll never roam hallways that look like that.

I want horror mode option for actual dark rooms :(

Keep in mind a lot of visual changes like that have been about making sure warframe runs smoothly on a lot of different computers so it's sadly likely we won't see that sort of thing return. We can only keep up hope that the J3 redesign will be even MORE horrifying than infested used to be. :D