The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes Are Slow (According To Science)

Feallike

The only argument that I think would be applicable is that it's tiring to run so fast for so long. But, this is in the future (or something like that) with us wearing special suits which could enable us to run this fast without being worn down so easily... And DE said they want it to be fast. Pfft. (Kidding on that last part.)

Also this is Science FICTION.

I think that's the first time I've heard (read) fiction used as an excuse for something to be underpowered instead of overpowered... Interesting.

Would spaces vaccuum have any special affects on the running even when inside the ship? Plus wouldn't the trees of earth make the atmosphere more dense with oxygen and causing more stress on the frames? Remember the frames are physical suits, not different people so they act as a form of armor and if anyone knows how armor is like then they know how badly even something as lite as leather weighs you down... or blame cryostasis for making them lazy

I remember when the Sprint aura was +60%. On a squad completely equipped each with one of these, we got a boost of +240% on sprint speed, and when you used that and a Loki + Rush, you could clip through every door, fly from one spot to another, and wallrun all the way to the top of the tallest walls. So, I think the speed limit we have is a result of the engine's own collision detection limits and to avoid looking silly.

You can have that happen too if you copter too fast on some doors.

Edited by Incursum

First off, I like the way you are thinking ... despite what many others have stated in these forums, Warframe is SF at its core and therefore voluntarily submits itself to scientific analysis

Second, are you sure about 3 m/s as top speed?

Volt with Sprint Aura and Rush maxed out and using Speed seems to be a whole lot faster than Loki modded the way you cite

(As an aside, it seems wall run is faster than floor running, but that may be a visual illusion)

However, I agree with you that the running speed of the Tenno seems way out of line with their other abilities

After all, maneuverability is the cornerstone of everything they do

Thirdly, I agree that Stamina is surprisingly low for a "superhuman" ...

The only rational way to account for that is that the Tenno's metabolism is so taxed by just possessing their abilities that it slows them physically

If that was a reasonable cause, then not installing ability mods should incrementally increase your stamina

Personally, I think that running speed and stamina should scale up with the level of the warframe just as shields, health and energy storage does

I would be ok as long as we have regular running speed. :/ 

TBH i think are stamina should be 200, or 200 when you get to level 30.

Also my math was: with Rush mode your sprint speed is about: 1.55, with Max Volt speed that is about 3.1, ofcourse i didn't take in SPeed aura. :/

Would spaces vaccuum have any special affects on the running even when inside the ship? Plus wouldn't the trees of earth make the atmosphere more dense with oxygen and causing more stress on the frames? Remember the frames are physical suits, not different people so they act as a form of armor and if anyone knows how armor is like then they know how badly even something as lite as leather weighs you down... or blame cryostasis for making them lazy

1. you might be correct, but until the DE says something about the Space vacume or the Oxygen density makes us slower. I am going to say Tenno are just very slow.

2. The DE have stated that Tenno are Super humans... So i don't underestand why Super humans aren't faster then regular humans. XD

3. THat makes sense, being asleap for 1000 years have made Tenno super lazy. XD

Air at sealevel (1 atm pressure, typical room temperature ~20-30 C), offers NO effective resistance (drag related to viscosity) at the speeds we are talking about

The relative importance of inertial and viscous flow effects is summed up in a dimensionless factor - the Reynolds Number

For a 2 m tall Tenno running at 50 m/s in air (kinematic coefficient of viscosity is 1.36 m2/s), this turns out to be 73.5

Resistance would be important only at a Reynolds number of 1 or less (except for thin negligibly thin film of air - the boundary layer)

Edited by ElHefe

Sprint Speeds used to be much higher.... high enough where players would warp around at full update rates, instead of moving smoothly.

which is very likely why Warframes were normalized so that none are too fast or too slow. none really have to worry about Sprint Speed as a negative trait, as there isn't any significant difference anymore, and nobody goes fast enough to warp around isttead of updating normally.

The top speed a human has reached is 42 MPH or 19 Meters per second.

hold up. the fastest ever recorded human in history is 27.44 M/H. over the course of 20 Metres, and then he slowed down after that, couldn't keep it up for very long.

42 M/H isn't a Human. it's something else that isn't as slow. since Human Beings are very slow.

Stamina could be a bit low for 'superhuman' battle armor though.

Edited by taiiat

Okay, I just went and tested it. 10 tries on a 40yd dash with my Volt, who has sprint speed 1. His average time was 4.4 seconds. The average 40 for an NFL recruit is around 4.5 seconds. So I mean they're fast, but they should definitely be faster. I wouldn't say double their speed, maybe just increase it by half?

And stamina should definitely be increased as well.

Edited by vaugahn

I remember when the Sprint aura was +60%. On a squad completely equipped each with one of these, we got a boost of +240% on sprint speed, and when you used that and a Loki + Rush, you could clip through every door, fly from one spot to another, and wallrun all the way to the top of the tallest walls. So, I think the speed limit we have is a result of the engine's own collision detection limits and to avoid looking silly.

You can have that happen too if you copter too fast on some doors.

Ok that would be a acceptable, but the DE could compensate for that by making meters smaller. To give the illusion of us running faster.

Also that sounds glorious!!!!!!

Sprint Speeds used to be much higher.... high enough where players would warp around at full update rates, instead of moving smoothly.

which is very likely why Warframes were normalized so that none are too fast or too slow. none really have to worry about Sprint Speed as a negative trait, as there isn't any significant difference anymore, and nobody goes fast enough to warp around isttead of updating normally.

hold up. the fastest ever recorded human in history is 27.44 M/H.

42 M/H isn't a Human. it's something else that isn't as slow. since Human Beings are very slow.

Stamina could be a bit low for 'superhuman' battle armor though.

Ok i was mistaken. The wiki had a typo. :/

But near max speed of a warframe is still 1/3 of the fastest human.... 

Edited by Feallike

realistically any increase in speed would make vs almost impossible. from the vs games I've played the frames move FASTER than in FPS games like Battlefield/COD etc. it's already hard enough to deal with without a huge speed increase.

It's really hard to say if I want a change like this to happen or not without being able to have a feel for the gameplay along with all the other systems within the game. It'd be interesting if the devs could test massive balance changes like this by creating 2-3 day long events that modify certain stats or settings across the board and see how it affects balance and the playerbase as a whole.

The top speed you can reach in warframe. Is about 3.0 meters per second. That is about 7-8 miles per hour.....

For Space ninjas they are sooo slow.... The top speed a human has reached is 42 MPH or 19 Meters per second.

The the fastest person on earth is 5x faster then Loki + Rush + Volt Speed.

So after figuring out that, you can imagine why people like to copter, its because in warframe your apparently extremely slow... :/

So i encourage the Devs to increase run speed, or increase the stat to make sense, because Warframes according to science warframes are incredibly bad runners.

This also questions Warframes stamina... If where running so slow and still burning up stamina in the matter of seconds....

Keep in mind though for most warframes they are running at a speed that allows them to be aware of their soroundings, particitipate in combat and react to combat, over extended time periods.

Your comparing the best sprinters with basically no weight to carry and the ability to focus only on the race at no risk to themselves with no obsticals, all for a very limited period of time.

Warframes could in theory given the same conditions go excessivly faster than humans (presuming the suits even allow that), the game just doesnt cover that.  They also dont need to go faster than a certain speed to be super effective soldiers.

It's kind of like taking soldiers and comparing them to olympic sprinters when it comes to running.  A soldier is trained for a completly different purpose.

Keep in mind though for most warframes they are running at a speed that allows them to be aware of their soroundings, particitipate in combat and react to combat, over extended time periods.

Your comparing the best sprinters with basically no weight to carry and the ability to focus only on the race at no risk to themselves with no obsticals, all for a very limited period of time.

Warframes could in theory given the same conditions go excessivly faster than humans (presuming the suits even allow that), the game just doesnt cover that.  They also dont need to go faster than a certain speed to be super effective soldiers.

It's kind of like taking soldiers and comparing them to olympic sprinters when it comes to running.  A soldier is trained for a completly different purpose.

But still, a Middle schooler could technicly run as fast as Loki with rush mod on, while having Volts speed boost with max power strength.

I think 2x our sprint speed would be more realestic, since you know.. where suppose to be super humans. :/

Also are stamina is really low since where not running fast and still losing stamina at a surprisingly fast rate.

But still, a Middle schooler could technicly run as fast as Loki with rush mod on, while having Volts speed boost with max power strength.

I think 2x our sprint speed would be more realestic, since you know.. where suppose to be super humans. :/

Also are stamina is really low since where not running fast and still losing stamina at a surprisingly fast rate.

They're nowhere near that slow. The low stamina is a little weird though.

Edit: they're about as fast as an NFL player, maybe a little slower

Edited by vaugahn

You've broken two rules.

1) Don't compare games that were not meant to be realistic to real life. I thought that would be pretty simple to follow.

2) You didn't follow the above rule.

--

$&*^headedness aside, I do agree with the idea that Warframe can feel slow at times. Think an all-around speed boost of every entity in the game would be both hard to do but make the game more intuitive.

Edited by Ordel

Warframes don't actually move just 3 meters a second, though.  That's like three steps while sprinting.  Even a husky Vauban with no Rush module can clear 3 meters in less than a second.

3m/s is just a sloppy approximation.

I am getting my info from the Wiki. :/

You've broken two rules.

1) Don't compare games that were not meant to be realistic to real life. I thought that would be pretty simple to follow.

2) You didn't follow the above rule.

You broke Rule 1. Their are no rules....

So technicly this rule doesn't exist....

Our true speed comes from coptering not running.

^

They're nowhere near that slow. The low stamina is a little weird though.

Edit: they're about as fast as an NFL player, maybe a little slower

They aren't super slow, but for Super humans they are slow.

It's really hard to say if I want a change like this to happen or not without being able to have a feel for the gameplay along with all the other systems within the game. It'd be interesting if the devs could test massive balance changes like this by creating 2-3 day long events that modify certain stats or settings across the board and see how it affects balance and the playerbase as a whole.

THAT'S a GREAT idea!  Doubtless the Devs do it all the time, but to include the gaming community is just brilliant

Obv they gonna be slow cuz they are wearing heavy suits and weapons and $hitz

but they don't lose any speed when you equip heavy weapons and light weapons. o.o

THAT'S a GREAT idea!  Doubtless the Devs do it all the time, but to include the gaming community is just brilliant

Having a event where warframes for X reason are 2x faster to see how the community responds, would be interesting.