The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes Are Slow (According To Science)

Feallike

They seem fast enough. Giving them 2x sprint speed would be the same as having a 100% power strength speed applied to them at all times, that would be way too much.

Increasing every creature in this games walk/run speed by 2x would just increase the gameplays speed. I don't see the problem.

Increasing every creature in this games walk/run speed by 2x would just increase the gameplays speed. I don't see the problem.

The tilesets are designed around a slower movement speed though. Again, Volt's speed with 100% power strength comes out to 2x movement speed, that makes you ungodly fast to the point where you can barely get through doors. Ideally if they increased the speed it would just be .5x faster

The tilesets are designed around a slower movement speed though. Again, Volt's speed with 100% power strength comes out to 2x movement speed, that makes you ungodly fast to the point where you can barely get through doors. Ideally if they increased the speed it would just be .5x faster

The system would need a update... :/ Though TBH Coptering is 3x faster then our current movement speed, and i don't see any complaint threads about doors....

The system would need a update... :/ Though TBH Coptering is 3x faster then our current movement speed, and i don't see any complaint threads about doors....

Try running a very strong Volt Speed with a Volt (and maybe with Rush thrown in for good measure), then go to a Solo Mission, hit Speed and sprint. The doors will still have a bit of a lag time. 

You can control when you copter though. Try running an entire mission with 100% power strength speed up.

Try running a very strong Volt Speed with a Volt (and maybe with Rush thrown in for good measure), then go to a Solo Mission, hit Speed and sprint. The doors will still have a bit of a lag time. 

ya but to be honest, doors do need improvement.. :/ 

You can control when you copter though. Try running an entire mission with 100% power strength speed up.

you can control when you run to. :/ 

Personally I think that they should just add an acceleration to the frames, at least if you are sprinting in a relatively linear direction.  Just have the frames speed up the longer you sprint to a cap of course. Stamina in general needs some looking at (without going into modding discussions) because stamina is fairly low and inefficient.  This way it becomes sort of a strategy on how you run.

Obv they gonna be slow cuz they are wearing heavy suits and weapons and $hitz

Body mass and top running speed are not related:

1. Human                      75 kg             12.4 m/s

2. Horse                  ~1000 kg             31.0 m/s

3. Grayhound (dog)      30 kg              22.5 m/s

4. Cheetah                  ~60 kg             36.1 m/s

Running speed is related to the speed of shortening of muscle fibers and the stride length ...

That last point is why Cheetahs are so fast, because their spines flex and extend so much that their stride is nearly doubled even though they use a rotary gallop just like horses do

Edit:  forgot to mention rate of muscle relaxation as well as stored elastic energy in contralateral muscle groups as factors for running speed 

Edited by ElHefe

Personally I think that they should just add an acceleration to the frames, at least if you are sprinting in a relatively linear direction.  Just have the frames speed up the longer you sprint to a cap of course. Stamina in general needs some looking at (without going into modding discussions) because stamina is fairly low and inefficient.  This way it becomes sort of a strategy on how you run.

Ok i can underestand that if you run long enough you can reach Super human speed. I like this idea.

Stamina system needs a look at TBH.

I saw many comments of how Tenno are super human but we don't know in how many ways they are. If they have incredible increased strengths would they nt make them slower? I do however think they should speed up some Warframes but not all because Tanky Rhino needs to stay at his speed but amp up Saryn because she is somehow slower than that tanky shmuck.

I saw many comments of how Tenno are super human but we don't know in how many ways they are. If they have incredible increased strengths would they nt make them slower? I do however think they should speed up some Warframes but not all because Tanky Rhino needs to stay at his speed but amp up Saryn because she is somehow slower than that tanky shmuck.

The short answer is no.

Having a huge amount of strength or mass doesn't make you slower.

Edited by Alphafox

Drop the stamina system because it's pretty pointless(doesn't even do anything to melee but make you stop blocking), or revamp it

sprint speeds can stay the same, or get a slight increase- toss a bit of an acceleration system onto it so the frame starts at base and increases by a set amount. Furthermore, have the acceleration time decrease with rank/mods.

And while we're on the topic of stamina and stamina accessories- can the rolls get a speed buff? After playing Mirage the basic roll seems so... impractical.

You question Warframe Logic?If we spin fast enough with dual axes we slingshot ourselves across a hallway....

Also this is Science FICTION.

Science Fiction: 

1. fiction based on imagined future scientific or technological advances and major social or environmental changes, frequently portraying space or time travel and life on other planets.

Advances... So, in the future, we degrade to running slower even though we have people that can @(*()$ freeze time and stasis lock enemies with a stomp? I'm not seeing your logic. Especially when we can spin fast enough, I stopped reading right there. We can spin really fast. Really, really fast. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with moving your legs in tandom with moving your arms, causing your to shift your weight and spin, yes? So we have very strong legs and arms, yet for all our sprint has degraded considerably. DON'T EVEN BRING UP THE FRAME'S WEIGHT because that obviously doesn't matter if you look at someone like, ok, Zephyr who freaking floats or Excalibur who can jump to ceiling of most tiles. 

The top speed you can reach in warframe. Is about 3.0 meters per second. That is about 7-8 miles per hour.....

For Space ninjas they are sooo slow.... The top speed a human has reached is 26 MPH or 11.9 Meters per second.

The the fastest person on earth is 3x faster then Loki + Rush + Volt Speed.

So after figuring out that, you can imagine why people like to copter, its because in warframe your apparently extremely slow... :/

So i encourage the Devs to increase run speed, or increase the stat to make sense, because Warframes according to science warframes are incredibly bad runners.

This also questions Warframes stamina... If where running so slow and still burning up stamina in the matter of seconds....

lel

I want to see the source for those numbers you are using. Otherwise it's actually according to OP.

He said the fastest speed a running human ever achieved, right? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usain_Bolt

No doubt. 

So actually, OP is wrong... It's faster. 27.79 mph is the fastest speed ever achieved by a man.

Or if you wanna do averages, his average speed is 23.72 mph. Which is still much faster than all of our warframes. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix

An acceleration system would be excellent, it would mean that the long, straight sections aren't as tedious and slow, making us reliant on sliding and coptering, without compromising control in tight areas or during mobile combat.

And it adds an element of momentum control and planning, which would be a nice, minor complexity to add.

Edited by Xenoraptor

The short answer is no.

Having a huge amount of strength or mass doesn't make you slower.

Actually, yes, it does. Not strength, though. Having a lot of muscle mass actually slows you down. Though, you can increase strength without gaining muscle mass. And having more strength would increase your ability to move your legs, so having extra strength does make you a tiny bit faster. 

This is more to this guy. vvv

(edit) Having a lot of muscle mass actually slows you down

(edit) ... so having extra strength does make you a tiny bit faster

Neither statement is strictly correct and I suspect you are confusing different types of muscle with different types of physiological adaptation (conditioning)

1. Isometric conditioning - weight training - which produces increased tissue mass (hypertrophy) and with that increased maximal force of contraction

2. Isotonic conditioning - aerobic training - which produces less pronounced gains in muscle mass but results in increased metabolic capacity through angiogenesis (new blood vessels to increase maximal blood flow and hence peak oxygen delivery) and increased muscle fiber mitochondria number and efficiency which increases endurance

There are also key differences in muscle fiber types ...

1. Type 1 slow twitch red fibers - slow contraction, low force, high endurance

2. Type 2A fast twitch red fibers - fast contraction time, high force, good endurance

3. Type 2X fast twitch white fibers - very fast contraction time, very high force, poor endurance

Unconditioned (normal) persons typically have 50/50 of type 1 and types 2a/2x

Explosive athletes (sprinters) have a high percentage of type 2x

Endurance athletes (marathoners) have a high percentage of type 1 

The inherent trade offs of these different types of muscle fibers is why CROSS-TRAINING is now the gold standard for ALL competitive sport - from tennis to American football - because it leads to increase in the total number of muscle fibers of all types and thus greater performance of the entire muscle group

Thus while a wide receiver may be the fastest sprinter on the team, its more hand eye coordination and height that makes a top player

Powerful fullbacks and half backs are much stronger and bulkier but are not necessarily slower

Edited by ElHefe