Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus' "i Can't Detect A Single Lifeform" Line

Regar

This line is really specific, and i'm sure that it happens only during Exterminate missions

the problem with this line is that it's really, really old, and now we have things like wildlife, and invasions...and this line most of the times sounds like a joke (imagine yourself surroudned by 25 friendly grineers and "i can't detect a single lifeform" happens... well lotus, you really need to buy a new pair of eyeballs)

What i'm suggesting is not to remove this line, but to add a couple of exceptions making this line never happen if you are on Phobos/Earth or in an invasion/infestation mission

Thanks for your time, Regar

Agreed.  We will update it.

This line of dialogue is ONLY SPOKEN after you kill EVERYONE in an EXTERMINATION mission.

There is no one else left alive... that's why it's there.

DO NOT CHANGE IT.

This line of dialogue is ONLY SPOKEN after you kill EVERYONE in an EXTERMINATION mission.

DO NOT CHANGE IT.

It's fine if it's on a ship.. he's talking about planets that have extra 'species' and when doing invasion mission and your helping one side kill the other. It's odd to hear lotus say she can't detect any lifeforms when the allied corpus you were helping just runs past you... did you even read the whole thread?

Thank goodness it's getting changed.. that always bothered me. 

Just a little triva This is not the first time this has been brought up, used to read "I detect no life forms. ..." the "other than new you. Was added not long ago. De to players pointing out it didn't sound right since tenno are lifeforms.

Edited by Rompido

It's fine if it's on a ship.. he's talking about planets that have extra 'species' and when doing invasion mission and your helping one side kill the other. It's odd to hear lotus say she can't detect any lifeforms when the allied corpus you were helping just runs past you... did you even read the whole thread?

Thank goodness it's getting changed.. that always bothered me. 

You were sent there to kill the enemy targets... why would Lotus bother to count things that are not targets?

Why would Lotus say, "Other than you, the skate, that tree, that scorpion, the fly..." It's stupid.

Lotus is obviously tracking you and the targets, why would she care about anything else?

DO NOT CHANGE IT.

incorrect, lotus says this line even during invasions/infestations where you are partner of an entire grineer/corpus army

You were sent there to kill the enemy targets... why would Lotus bother to count things that are not targets?

Why would Lotus say, "Other than you, the skate, that tree, that scorpion, the fly..." It's stupid.

Lotus is obviously tracking you and the targets, why would she care about anything else?

it's not about what she cares about, it's about the meaning of the words in this sentence

as said before "life form" means "any creature alive" ... this sentence was cool back in the days when u were killing stuff on a certain spaceship, with no life forms other then the enemies, but now we have more and more content and this sentence become obsolete... it's a fact

i don't really understand what troubles you here, explain yourself

Edited by Regar

it's about the meaning of the words in this sentence.

as said before "life form" means "any creature alive" ... this sentence was cool back in the days when u were killing stuff on a certain spaceship, with no life forms other then the enemies, but now we have more and more content and this sentence become obsolete... it's a fact

You are giving it your own meaning.

Sure, the first time i heard it i translated like that, in fact, i was with a team and i said, "Other than me? My teammates are not alive anymore! They are Infested!" And i started shooting at them and we all laughed.

But that was purposely creating a specific meaning to create a specific scenario.

I ask again, why would she track ANYTHING other than you and the targets? What is the purpose of knowing EVERY SINGLE lifeform on the ship/planet? Why are we not using common sense here?

I don't mind the line, but variety (not replacing it altogether but keeping it for ships and having something else for planets with other lifeforms) is always good.

The one that makes me chuckle is always where she says she detects a force coming towards you "... it's the Grineer".  No S#&$ lady, that's only the very mobs who we're fighting in this damn mission!!!

incorrect, lotus says this line even during invasions/infestations where you are partner of an entire grineer/corpus army

it's not about what she cares about, it's about the meaning of the words in this sentence

like in other thread, he will just disagree and shot down any suggestion blindly

I'd just like to point out: This line is even more ridiculous when you do the current Tactical Alert - and all enemies you encounter are Robotics. There isn't even a single lifeform to detect (despite us and our Kubrows, if we brought them along) when we board the ship ...

So I think it would be better, if Lotus spoke of "enemy signatures" or something like that, which a) excludes wildlife and allied NPC and b) includes all robotic and mechanic (Rollers and Latchers, anyone?) enemies.

I'd just like to point out: This line is even more ridiculous when you do the current Tactical Alert - and all enemies you encounter are Robotics. There isn't even a single lifeform to detect (despite us and our Kubrows, if we brought them along) when we board the ship ...

So I think it would be better, if Lotus spoke of "enemy signatures" or something like that, which a) excludes wildlife and allied NPC and b) includes all robotic and mechanic (Rollers and Latchers, anyone?) enemies.

Robots can bleed and be poisoned, they have some bio components.

Maybe all the Robots are just corpus brains in robot bodies.

You are giving it your own meaning.

Sure, the first time i heard it i translated like that, in fact, i was with a team and i said, "Other than me? My teammates are not alive anymore! They are Infested!" And i started shooting at them and we all laughed.

But that was purposely creating a specific meaning to create a specific scenario.

I ask again, why would she track ANYTHING other than you and the targets? What is the purpose of knowing EVERY SINGLE lifeform on the ship/planet? Why are we not using common sense here?

strogg? (quake 4) i agree with regar the line was funny at first but now its kind of in need of a update even just "all hostiles eliminated , good work." is ok with me but it does not make sense when you see a group of allies or friendlies run past you, it kind of makes the line seem out of place and false with what lotus is trying to tell you.

strogg? (quake 4) i agree with regar the line was funny at first but now its kind of in need of a update even just "all hostiles eliminated , good work." is ok with me but it does not make sense when you see a group of allies or friendlies run past you, it kind of makes the line seem out of place and false with what lotus is trying to tell you.

Lotus is trying to tell you information you need. You dont need to learn about the biodiversity of where you are doing your mission.

I dont understand how this makes any sort of sense, dont use that word because i can mean every single living thing on the planet even though there is absolutely no information that Lotus would be tracking on that on top of the fact that there is no purpose for it.

Lotus is trying to tell you information you need. You dont need to learn about the biodiversity of where you are doing your mission.

I dont understand how this makes any sort of sense, dont use that word because i can mean every single living thing on the planet even though there is absolutely no information that Lotus would be tracking on that on top of the fact that there is no purpose for it.

and again, dude if u don't want to accept how the language works, then don't but stop making yourself a fool, please.

a DE employee already told us that he is in agreement, all the community is in agreement, you are not ok with this? i'm sorry, but won't u consider just for a moment to be...i don't know... wrong? is your pride mroe important then your intelligence?

It's not really easy to match an opinion whith another person, i know... but l learned that the best way to understand people is to use their point of view before contesting it.

Then i will try to use your point of view:

Lotus is scanning an area on the planet or an entire ship

Lotus keeps track of any target/threat in the given sector (even ice/fire etc)

Lotus comunicates that there is no other lifeform detected by her sensors.... and you doesn't seem to know or want to understand what this sentence means

You also say that Lotus shouldn't tell us informatiosn about animals and friendly grineer/corpus, because she doesn't care (and nobody ever said that this line should be changed in "i can't detect a single enemy, only poor creatures and plants and a punch of stupid grineers" ...the only one that ever said something like this, if i recall right, is you)

now, i understand that for you "lifeform" means only targets to eliminate (and that's exactly why u are wrong)... but that's why she shouldn't say "lifeforms" but "targets" or "enemies" (we all know what lotus is trying to say, the problem is that she is not saying it, she is saying that any life form on the given area is DEAD... and sometimes this is completely wrong and sounds like prank, especially during ivasions/infestations)

languange is varied and people should learn to use different but similiar words to say things more correctly

now you can accept this critique or not, and you can also try to use our point of view or not, i doesn't really matter to us, at this point this topic became more of a "you are wrong i'm right" kind of thing, and i this is not really something i'm interested in.

Edited by Regar

and again, dude if u don't want to accept how the language works, then don't but stop making yourself a fool, please.

So the word lifeforms can ONLY be used when discussing EVERY SINGLE thing on a planet.

The word cannot be be used in ANY other context whatsoever.

That's how language works?

Are we in the Drax planet here and i missed it?

a DE employee already told us that he is in agreement, all the community is in agreement, you are not ok with this? i'm sorry, but won't u consider just for a moment to be...i don't know... wrong? is your pride mroe important then your intelligence?

Feedback, giving feedback.

This is my feedback.

It's not really easy to match an opinion whith another person, i know... but l learned that the best way to understand people is to use their point of view before contesting it.

Then i will try to use your point of view:

Lotus is scanning an area on the planet or an entire ship

You already made a mistake. Lotus knows EXACTLY the number of LIFEFORMS you need to kill in a specific area.

This i why there is a number at the start of the mission.

BTW, the Grineer Balloons dont actually count as targets.

That's interesting.

Lotus keeps track of any target/threat in the given sector (even ice/fire etc)

Lotus gives you a SPECIFIC number of lifeforms to kill, this is why there is a number and this is why the number does not change.

Lotus comunicates that there is no other lifeform detected by her sensors.... and you doesn't seem to know or want to understand what this sentence means

Lotus tells you that the specific number of lifeforms you were sent to kill are totally dead.

now, i understand that for you "lifeform" means only targets to eliminate (and that's exactly why u are wrong)... but that's why she shouldn't say "lifeforms" but "targets" or "enemies" (we all know what lotus is trying to say, the problem is that she is not saying it, she is saying that any life form on the given area is DEAD... and sometimes this is completely wrong and sounds like prank, especially during ivasions/infestations)

Where are you getting the idea that "any life form" is being tracked?

The mission is to kill a specific number of life forms and nowhere in the mission does she say that she is looking at anything else.

languange is varied and people should learn to use different but similiar words to say things more correctly

now you can accept this critique or not, and you can also try to use our point of view or not, i doesn't really matter to us, at this point this topic became more of a "you are wrong i'm right" kind of thing, and i this is not really something i'm interested in.

1. This is thousands of years in the future, language does change.

2. Military groups always use a different language that is not the same as standard conversational language.

3. Why are people putting standard conversational language limits on a sci-fi space game?

Let the game have little flavor, that's what separates one thing from the next. 

It's the future ... people say clips cause it's the future.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Just finished big recording session with DE_George and indeed he made sure we updated this line at the end! Another old Lotus line bites the dust.

I hope you guys can at least save that line for Solo mode Extermination missions. Seems a shame to let an already recorded line go to waste.