Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excellent Game Except...

intergalaticplanetary

Acquiring new weapons and items takes far too long, unless you pay, compared to the rate at which you level.  I am already level 20, but have only used one other weapon in 3 games of play (apart from 3 original weapons).  I think the rate at which you acquire new weaponry needs to be sped up relative to the rate that you level so that you can continue to progress through the game (with skilled gameplay) without the need for others to help you during missions.

Besides that, the gameplay is rather excellent, as is the graphics and concept.  Thanks.

Yeah your warframe is not your overall level.  You can build other warframes and use those, they're just a piece of equipment like weapons, and they have their own levels just like weapons.

Your overall level (mastery rank) is shown right after your name in the upper-left of the escape menu.

Ranked up one warframe to 20/30?  You're not even close to done. :P  There's all sorts of gear to try out, and you can get stronger mods and such to get more powerful, etc.

Edited by Rydian

without the need for others to help you during missions.

first of that level of 20 is either your warframe or weapons. The rank that most people tell game time by is mastery rank that important concept in warframe. Also this is completely what the game is about teamwork on the level that when you work together you are immortal, and apart you are strong.

Acquiring new weapons and items takes far too long, unless you pay

Actaully this is very common for games like this let me give you a tip. Don't build a weapon then start leveling it right away( and if you do do it in areas in which you need those resources) try to build more than one weapon so once you finish one you have another.

And one little thing i made it to mastery 6 without spending a penny i bought slots here for weapons and warframes that's it. Anything else is useless. Let me give you a great example where something like this is in a paid game. In wildstar a game you pay for you still have to grind so why complain in a game where it gives you the option to skip the grind same thing for WoW. So its actually pretty normal for the amount of time it takes 

I see your new to warframe WELCOME hopefully we can see each other in game

Edited by rechot

I've played many FPS over the past 10 years, this one has the slowest weapon acquisition of all of them (by far).  

Just sayin...

Put it to be built when you leave the game, take it freshly cooked while you log-in the next day. It's not like they take a week to build, right?

Do this. You leave it to bake at 6:00 pm and you get it in the morning.

I've played many FPS over the past 10 years, this one has the slowest weapon acquisition of all of them (by far).  

Just sayin...

This is a free-to-play game. Timewalls and grindwalls are inevitable. 

Edit: compared to the vast majority of F2P games this one is actually quite good about not locking away content

Edited by vaugahn

Don't listen to EDeN, he doesn't understand (silly boy).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/294208-hotfix-1423/

DE just added in 6 weapons (9 if you never played the prologue) that you don't have into the market that can be bought for credits. The Dual Skana, Aklato, and Braton are also available for straight credit purchases.

Try 'em out for size, see what you like, and just keep on progressing.

Edited by OptimumBow0

Don't listen to EDeN, he doesn't understand (silly boy).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/294208-hotfix-1423/

DE just added in 6 weapons (9 if you never played the prologue) that you don't have into the market that can be bought for credits. The Dual Skana, Aklato, and Braton are also available for straight credit purchases.

Try 'em out for size, see what you like, and just keep on progressing.

Thanks, I will.

Edit: I just checked, none in my range.  

Haven't had materials to build a single new weapon that is an upgrade and have only been able to buy one comparable item (Braton) in 25 levels on a warframe.  #snore

Besides that stagnant oasis of repetitive blandness, the game is well done.  But the rate of acquisition of new materials, and items, does make this game far less entertaining and epic as it could be.  I also have far more credits than I do materials, making them rather worthless (due to inflation).  

Take it for what you will, just feedback.

Edited by intergalaticplanetary

Thanks, I will.

Edit: I just checked, none in my range.  

Haven't had materials to build a single new weapon that is an upgrade and have only been able to buy one comparable item (Braton) in 25 levels on a warframe.  #snore

Besides that stagnant oasis of repetitive blandness, the game is well done.  But the rate of acquisition of new materials, and items, does make this game far less entertaining and epic as it could be.  I also have far more credits than I do materials, making them rather worthless (due to inflation).  

Take it for what you will, just feedback.

Just so you know, the level of a warframe or weapon is pretty much meaningless as a tool to measure progression. I wouldn't expect anyone to have gotten a bunch of weapons before they even maxed their first frame. As much as I hate to say it, mastery rank is a better indicator of progression. I'm also not really sure what you mean by inflation...those credits will be very useful.

Not to sound rude or anything, but I think you're expecting stuff to come your way much too fast. This is a free game, the unlock progression is different than a game you paid $60 for. Most of the mid-tier weapons are require mastery rank 2, by the time you reach that level you'll have more than enough resources to build what you want.

Not to sound rude or anything, but I think you're expecting stuff to come your way much too fast. This is a free game, the unlock progression is different than a game you paid $60 for. Most of the mid-tier weapons are require mastery rank 2, by the time you reach that level you'll have more than enough resources to build what you want.

Say what you think, I simply disagree.  lol

Say what you think, I simply disagree.  lol

As I mentioned before, timewalls and grindwalls are an unfortunate fact of F2P games. You won't find a single free game on the market that doesn't have something along those lines. There's sadly nothing we can do about it, because we all want DE to make money so they can keep developing this game.

Acquiring new weapons and items takes far too long, unless you pay, compared to the rate at which you level.  I am already level 20, but have only used one other weapon in 3 games of play (apart from 3 original weapons).  I think the rate at which you acquire new weaponry needs to be sped up relative to the rate that you level so that you can continue to progress through the game (with skilled gameplay) without the need for others to help you during missions.

Besides that, the gameplay is rather excellent, as is the graphics and concept.  Thanks.

I will have to disagree to the fact that you need to pay to get everything in THIS(and yes,particularly this game) game. I am Mastery Rank 15(and a half-way to 16),I literally have everything in the game...All prime gears,all market weapons,my own one-man clan and all clan weapons,all warframes(normal and prime),all sentinels,19 Kubrows and S#&$loads of cosmetics ranging from Syndanas to Excal-Proto Skin. AND I DIDN'T spend a penny. I acquired all these by trading. Yep,trading,biggest gift DE gave to free players like me.

Just sayin...

You think? Because F2P models did not exist 10 years ago.....

Tell me upto which planet did you complete? Because if you think this game is supposed to be played for 10-15 hours,then you are not suited for this game. All F2P games have timewall which can be bypassed by paying. You should aim for weapons which are of your level....Burston,Lex,Aklato,Fang,maybe Dual ethers and we now have Mk-1 Paris,Kunai and all those. You should be able to get those when you are half way to Venus. I clearly remember that I was able to make Dual Ethers when I reached Kiliken in Venus.

If you aim for a Boltor when you didnt even level your first warframe to 30,you are expecting too much....

Yes i do agree.

However, from most of those FPS games i have played. the weapons have either a:

-Durability bar (decrease per game session)

-Timed Life (expires and disappear along with the mod on it after X hours/days/weeks)

So overall, i say WF is more friendly on the weapon.

Edited by low1991

When I first started playing, I too thought it was difficult to acquire more weapons. Here's the best way to do it:

1- Gather credits by unlocking more planets, playing missions, especially invasion missions and Void missions.

2- Visit the Market and start buying blueprints for the weapons you're interested in.

3- Gather resources in the same way as #1.

4- Craft weapons in bulk, leave them to craft while you play or are away from the PC.

5- Same logic for frames.

6- Join a clan so you can access the clan-only weapons and frames.

It's all within reach really, it's just the grind for resources and credits that stands in the way.

Highly recommended to play with others as much as you can, it really accelerates things compares to solo play.

Let me know if you want a regular playmate. I'd be happy to tag along.

Edited by Bassem

@intergalaticplanetary
As others have said this game is a F2P, and playing without spending money takes time to get things.  For some things, like the prime gear, it can take a lot of time.  But it is generally rewarded.

And frame level 20-25 isn't that long.  Once you get to the higher level planets that is honestly an hour of time.  And you need a wide variety of planets available to get the resources that you need.
And expecting a bunch of new gear to be available after only a few hours of investment is expecting a lot more than you should.

And while the gun procession starts off slowly, after a while you will find that by the time you have your current gear up to rank 30, you'll have another set of gear that needs to be leveled and you'll be able to just continue that until you run out of weapons to level.
The main thing is to go through and unlock more planets so that you can get to more resources.  Then its finding what resources you need for a weapon and going after them.

Sure, it may seem annoying at first that weapons take 12 hours to craft, but if you put them in before you log off for the night they'll be there for you in the morning no problem.  And that's not that bad of a wait time.

And honestly, this game has a better unlock system than quite a lot of other F2P games out there.
Here you farm for an hour or two and you can generally get all of the resources needed to make the next weapon you want.  The only exception being the prime gear but that is mostly for players much closer to endgame and is a rather large time-sink.
In other games you can farm for an hour or two and you have a very slim *chance* of getting what you need for the next weapon you want.
While warframe can seem to rely on RNG a lot, you can still progress at a decent pace.

Surprisingly one of the most limiting factors on producing weapons is actually Salvage. It is not available in the starting nodes but is required for a large portion of the weapons. It also drops in large quantities once you can obtain it. 

It is very true that at the start of the game getting new weapons is tricky. However This is intentional firstly to make buying weapons through platinum enticing at first but then also so you don't focus on trying to learn lots of new weapons early on. There is quite a lot to learn early on in warframe and letting you get better accustomed to the mods, combat, parkour, enemies, resources and maps is probably more important. Now with the addition of other Mk1 weapons you can add some early variety for a pretty small credit fee. 

I agree and this was my first turnoff to the game and why I didnt get into it initially.  I had that starter weapon(braton, burston, whatever it is), and the sound of it was just thumping in my head.  After playing a while I bought any old blue print from the market (think it was a latron) and built something new and it was a lot better.  Stick with it.

It is has been a long while since I started but thinking back, I think the OP is right.  The "curve" of equipment acquisition is a bit off for new players. 

It took a frustratingly long time to get my first new weapons but now I have so many new secondaries to level and other things to relevel I can't even keep up.

I kinda remember wanting to quit until I finally got the rank and stuff to make the Boltor.