Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hunhow 2.0 (Utility-Only Companion Concept) The Rebirth

ZeroJackdaw

Hopefully DE will decide to add the ability to show the hunhow to hide behind or stay away from a players sight and away from the front of their weapon, that problem is why my kubrow stays in stasis cuz it's too tall and keeps soaking up my shots. That's one thing that these pets can passively do for solo sniping or using the bows too.

My only complaint: kinda weird, to me, how the Hunhow is located on multiple planets when Kubrows are only on one.

I mean, I guess it's sort of a city-pigeon vibe to them, but I feel like the lore ought to be more reflect of the kubrows - only, these were made FOR the Tenno, rather than the Orokin... maybe, I dunno. Ignore me at your leisure, this is already a masterful idea.

Ahhh, you're on the right track though. I envision the Hunhow as being highly adaptive space pigeons roosting in Corpus cargo ships and Grineer vessels as stowaways just as the sparrows and rock doves that roosted on ships across the Atlantic. These Hunhow spread to other planets that had been colonized and adapted to that environment after centuries of established space travel.

The only reason for the multiple planets from a gameplay standpoint is to eliminate the guesswork of getting the Hunhow type you want. I loathe the fact that the Kubrow is a random grab bag of utility that is only meant to either extend the playtime the player has to craft the dog he/she wants or as a platinum sink for players to trade and guarantee a good type. I love Kubrows but it certainly looks like a bad trade when Sentinels have the advantage of not only having a guaranteed type, but also, none of the upkeep of making/sustaining more.

If a Hunhow egg is found on a certain planet, it is guaranteed to be of the planet's typing. Nice and simple. :) Farm the Hunhow you want.

And as a sidenote, perhaps during the rebellion the Tenno did once use the Hunhow as war companions and now they've started to revisit this tradition.  Tenno Falconry? XD

Also hugs because you've stuck around so long Morec0!  Hnnngh, you even remembered I'm female. I don't know why that surprises me.... 

And Hoots Regar is just the best name ever. I'll name mine Sparrow SKUUUM.

Curious.

I hadn't seen this thread before.

Honestly, the hunhow mask looks more like a humanoid-style face. I imagine them as a sort of middle ground between kubrows and sentinels... little fairy-like bipeds that aren't as aggressive as kubrows, but aren't as strictly bound to us as sentinels--little dudes that stick near us, but have some ability to wander to fight or do things.

I kind of hope more for that than your variation--the sentinels already have the bird thing kind of down, and kubrows have the quadruped market cornered. Having little helper dudes in the vein of sprites/brownies/dwarves/elves(historical, not tolkien) would be nifty, I think. Little loyal servants creature things with strange abilities.

Huh, I guess it's like one of those Rorschach tests. Everyone sees something different. XD I still don't see a human face in that long droopy snout and plume.

Also, the reason I chose a flying pet is also because pathing AI is much simpler when the creature simply floats than walks. Kubrow and two-legged specters have trouble enough navigating even simple defense maps. Although sprites could be fairy-like with wings. Not sure how that would fly with Warframe's 70% male player base though. XD A cool idea nonetheless. 

C'est le meilleur concepte !!! PARFAIT  !!!

MERCI !!!

~(°.°)~

/e: And to think that I wouldn't have known that this thread is still alive, if I hadn't decided to browse Fan Concepts again, since it didn't show up in my posting history any more.

Ahhhhh, I'm so lucky! Sh*t this text is small....

Ahhh, you're on the right track though. I envision the Hunhow as being highly adaptive space pigeons roosting in Corpus cargo ships and Grineer vessels as stowaways just as the sparrows and rock doves that roosted on ships across the Atlantic. These Hunhow spread to other planets that had been colonized and adapted to that environment after centuries of established space travel.

The only reason for the multiple planets from a gameplay standpoint is to eliminate the guesswork of getting the Hunhow type you want. I loathe the fact that the Kubrow is a random grab bag of utility that is only meant to either extend the playtime the player has to craft the dog he/she wants or as a platinum sink for players to trade and guarantee a good type. I love Kubrows but it certainly looks like a bad trade when Sentinels have the advantage of not only having a guaranteed type, but also, none of the upkeep of making/sustaining more.

If a Hunhow egg is found on a certain planet, it is guaranteed to be of the planet's typing. Nice and simple. :) Farm the Hunhow you want.

And as a sidenote, perhaps during the rebellion the Tenno did once use the Hunhow as war companions and now they've started to revisit this tradition.  Tenno Falconry? XD

Also hugs because you've stuck around so long Morec0!  Hnnngh, you even remembered I'm female. I don't know why that surprises me.... 

And Hoots Regar is just the best name ever. I'll name mine Sparrow SKUUUM.

My god Sparrow Skuum is even better...

And I can't possibly forget your female: you're part of the holy trinity that I use to prove only female Tenno can draw.

And I can't leave, they wont let me.

And as a player I can definitely appreciate the lack of guesswork put in, all things considered its probably better - though it may open the floodgates to people saying "why can't we just have multiple kubrow breeds on different planets, then?", though I suppose lore defense would be strong enough, given the quest involved and all.

Tenno Falconry just sounds awesome. Zephyr clearly pioneered it.

My god Sparrow Skuum is even better...

And I can't possibly forget your female: you're part of the holy trinity that I use to prove only female Tenno can draw.

And I can't leave, they wont let me.

And as a player I can definitely appreciate the lack of guesswork put in, all things considered its probably better - though it may open the floodgates to people saying "why can't we just have multiple kubrow breeds on different planets, then?", though I suppose lore defense would be strong enough, given the quest involved and all.

Tenno Falconry just sounds awesome. Zephyr clearly pioneered it.

Ahh, but wait isn't Liger-Inuzuka a guy? Errm, I mean Volkoyoi. And Red-Skittlez is a dude... And not to mention Mynki is a guy.

Morec0, your logic is flaaaawed. XD

I mean if the Hunhow ever happens I'm sure people would have long since gotten the ultra rare rainbow prime Lotus Rak-Sun-Hur-Sah Kubrow by then, and likely won't complain that the Kubrow quest isn't like the Hunhow quest. Sorta like how when Mirage came with her own quest and it was p*ss-easy to get her, but people more so welcomed it than complained.

I do wonder if Zephyr would just go feral at that point and live with the birds.

"I'm with my people now..."

I do wonder if Zephyr would just go feral at that point and live with the birds.

"I'm with my people now..."

Rhino: "Zephyr! Get out of the tree!"

Zephyr: "No! You all were mean to me!"

Frost: "That was just Ember![size=1]ember: hey.[/size]We have Grineer to kill!"

Zephyr: "I'm not coming down! I'm a bird now!"

R: "You're not a bird."

Z: "Caw!"

F: "You're not a bird, dangit!"

Z: "Caw! Caw! Tweet!"

R: "That's it, I'm going up there...*climbs*"

Z: "CAWCAWCAWCAW!!!!!*peckpeckpeckpeck*"

R: "OH SWEET LOTUS THAT HURTS! KNOCK IT OFF, ZEPHYR!"

Z: "CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW!!!!!*peckpeckpeckpeck*"

F: "Careful, Rhino! You'll lose your[size=1]rhino: aaaaaaaahhhh!!*splat*[/size] Grip..."

Z: "Chirp!"

Ember: "I'm gonna see what Mirage's up to."

F: "Yeah, that's probably for the best..."

Edited by Morec0

Hopefully DE will decide to add the ability to show the hunhow to hide behind or stay away from a players sight and away from the front of their weapon, that problem is why my kubrow stays in stasis cuz it's too tall and keeps soaking up my shots.

They said to have fixed that with one of the last updates. And my Huras has been a good girl and kept out of sight for a while. On the other hand, she sometimes manages to get stuck in weird places and I have to get to another room to have her teleport after me.

Although sprites could be fairy-like with wings. Not sure how that would fly with Warframe's 70% male player base though. XD A cool idea nonetheless.

I for one would be ok with a sprite following me and aiding in battle. I'm just not sure how to make them look warframe-y and not out of place. And where would they come from (lore-wise)?

Z: "Caw! Caw! Tweet!"

[...]

Z: "Chirp!"

She can't decide what kind of bird she wants to be, can she ... (And why did I see Quoth before my mental eye when reading those lines and not Zephyr? *makes note: paint Zephyr raven-black*)

Edited by Bibliothekar

A bit of a delay on the 3D front. Have to give a seminar on Zbrush, and I was ordered to model a couch. So yep.

Wasn't thinking "human" so much as "eldritch creature".

Ahh, I see what you're getting at now. I'll still probably roll with the bird idea, only because I'm biased and love birds, but it's still a neat idea. I suggest you maybe propose it as a companion concept too. :)

-snip-

Oh my God, Zeph you precious babe. I love it. XD

I for one would be ok with a sprite following me and aiding in battle. I'm just not sure how to make them look warframe-y and not out of place. And where would they come from (lore-wise)?

She can't decide what kind of bird she wants to be, can she ... (And why did I see Quoth before my mental eye when reading those lines and not Zephyr? *makes note: paint Zephyr raven-black*)

Yeah that's my issue too, but then again... Magical space ninjas. Anything can happen.

And nahhh, paint your Zephyr green like I do... So you make fart clouds. Turbulence? More like.... Toot-bulence. Ahhh...

slNocan.jpg

...I am the most mature person. I don't make warframes into fabulous colored train wrecks. Heavens no.

kN4J9cu.jpg

Ash? More like pink sparkle cloud Mcgee...

Nahhhh...

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

As far as "where from?", orokin void or derelict locations would be logical.

Little surviving servants of the orokin age that have been hibernating/hiding from all the big, scary weird stuff going on. More than happy to help, but have been long since abandoned, and without anyone to help, have been left unsure of what to do with their extreme life spans, besides trying not to be killed by zombies.

They feel a special kinship with the tenno, as they held similar roles in the ancient empire--they served the evil overlords, but were more likely to deliver tea than severed heads, being much weaker and more feral than their combat counterparts. They're not warriors, nor a suitable substitution, but they can follow simple concepts(press buttons, gather objects, cause distractions).

They don't have supreme needs like kubrows, but they're not tireless like sentinels--they have a threshold of output, after which they need time to rest, but merely having a safe place to stay and someone to help fulfills their desires.

So far as "fitting in warframe", I'd like to point out that THIS is everywhere:

SlowInfestedMoa.png

So if we can have weird things like that....

ZeroJackdaw, I was browsing this and I love this idea and would love a flying companion that had a utility usage XD. I have two more Hunhow ideas if you are curious.

Of course. I'm always open to any ideas.

Also still cracking away at the 3D end. Takes a bit longer than you'd expect.

A question on the outrider:

will the "Keen Eyes" Make it untargetable or cloak it when going by enemies? Or will it still be able to take damage? In particular, how would it react to thinks like the Grineer Sensor bar traps?